Proposed cemetery near Great Park and the new Irvine 5th high school

Here is the hidden agreement about cemetery in your contract, if you choose to buy home here.

Cemetery don't pay HOA and so their residents don't share your amenities and facilities. Court legal records show they have no history of trespassing.  You are free to life here until unless you move there for your own interest. >:D

Salute to those veterans who gave us the opportunity to live like what we are today, while  respect the sentiments of those who have one.

Feng Shui 101:
1) some people have more money then brains
2) others (consultants) are more then happy to relieve them of their excess money

I decided.

So what's fend shui say the impact on the chi is when the neighboring CEo builds a secret sex dungeon or the wannabe princess actually has slave quarters?

nosuchreality said:
So what's fend shui say the impact on the chi is when the neighboring CEo builds a secret sex dungeon or the wannabe princess actually has slave quarters?

You need to ask an FS consultant/expert or your great grandmother because nobody else knows. There's no logic nor reason to any superstitions, so there's no way to learn it other than it being passed down.

e.g. I saw construction workers walking under ladders yesterday at my house. Does this mean they'll suffer bad luck, or me? I'll call my grandma...

Northy needs to hire a PR consultant.  Or his client's EB5 visa program may disappear as a result of the cultural backlash.

Or at least an editor, so that it isn't quite so apparent that this is being organized by superstitious FOBs

Perspective said:
nosuchreality said:

You need to ask an FS consultant/expert or your great grandmother because nobody else knows. There's no logic nor reason to any superstitions, so there's no way to learn it other than it being passed down.

e.g. I saw construction workers walking under ladders yesterday at my house. Does this mean they'll suffer bad luck, or me? I'll call my grandma...

blah blah blah

Give northy a break. She's only 2. She's trying her best here....her dad is running for president and her uncle is in the hospital.

The proposed high school already got dibs on generating excess traffic.

elgringo said:
I was out of state last week visting the graves of some of my family members.  I thought the neighborhood in which the cemetery was located was very attractive.  The cemetery was very serene.  The only concern I would have would be traffic management.  When a large number of people attend a funeral, it can mean lots of cars on the roads.  If the road access is sufficient to take this into account, I think a cemetery could be a nice addition.  Of course, in Irvine HOA fashion, all the tombstones would have to come from a pre-approved list of shapes, colors, and lettering fonts. :)

So how far is a safe distance from a cemetery? According to Dr. Jes T. Y. Lim, founder of Qi-Mag Feng Shui & Geobiology Institute, Home should not be built within 500 m (1,650 ft) of a cemetery. Although some real estate agents say that many Chinese will not live within 5 miles of a cemetery. And as you saw in the list of cultures that have discovered chi, it is not just the Chinese.

Interesting that almost all of Beacon Park is at least 1,650 feet away from the closest portion of the proposed cemetery. If you draw a 5 mile radius from this same point it will reach to Orchard Hills! So I guess every Chinese who bought in Cypress Village, Northwood, Portola Springs, Stonegate, Woodbury would be up in arms. Better get them to sign the petition. Wonder what the younger Chinese (under 35 or so) think about Feng Shui?

DrTravel said:
So how far is a safe distance from a cemetery? According to Dr. Jes T. Y. Lim, founder of Qi-Mag Feng Shui & Geobiology Institute, Home should not be built within 500 m (1,650 ft) of a cemetery. Although some real estate agents say that many Chinese will not live within 5 miles of a cemetery. And as you saw in the list of cultures that have discovered chi, it is not just the Chinese.

Interesting that almost all of Beacon Park is at least 1,650 feet away from the closest portion of the proposed cemetery. If you draw a 5 mile radius from this same point it will reach to Orchard Hills! So I guess every Chinese who bought in Cypress Village, Northwood, Portola Springs, Stonegate, Woodbury would be up in arms. Better get them to sign the petition. Wonder what the younger Chinese (under 35 or so) think about Feng Shui?

Not sure about other villages but they are signing petition in CV. 

When the news first broke out, there's lady went door to door at CV to get signature for the petition.  I told her that CV's so far away and she replied "it's not far enough". ::)

I'm Chinese and under 30.  I can careless about Feng Shui but I do care about resale... And most Chinese folks believe in that and if I dont adhere by it I'm limiting my customers when i sell my homes.

Wow.
Regarding the 5 mile thing.  Too late, that cemetery in lake forest is already within the radius.  Only OH is out of the 5 mile zone. No wonder there's a premium there...

AW said:
Wow.
Regarding the 5 mile thing.  Too late, that cemetery in lake forest is already within the radius.  Only OH is out of the 5 mile zone. No wonder there's a premium there...

The Lake Forest ghosts promised me right before I bought in Orchard Hills, that they wouldn't haunt my house because it was just outside of the required FS radius. I hear zombies have trouble with hills too. So there's that...

I got bad news, Orchard Hills is in range of the Cemetery of the Holy Sepulcher.

Culver to Jeffery is like the only part of Irvine North of the 5 which is ghost free.

Aw shucks...
I wonder if that lady looking to sign petitions is enjoying all the wonderful Halloween decorations.  Or is she taking a break until the week after, ha

whats wrong with not wanting a cemetery by your house?  its personal preference and potentially could be a financial issue in the future. 
Stuperstitions are silly and we could easily say Feng Shui is dumb, but so is being scared of friday the 13th, 666, breaking a mirror, walking under a ladder, etc, etc. 

Hey if I spent 7 figures to buy a house, Id want a say on this...

A five mile radius from the Ascension Cemetery in Lake Forest includes all of Woodbury and Cypress Village and most of Stonegate - nothing past Jeffrey though. A five mile radius from the Cemetery of the Holy Sepulcher includes parts of Northpark and Northwood, and all of Orchard Hills. So I guess most Chinese would not have bought in any of these villages - at least according to some real estate agents who are not really FS experts. And those that did would suffer a harsh reality when it comes to resale. Maybe they misspoke and meant to say they will not live within 5 Kilometers (3.1 miles) of a cemetery. The expert, Dr. Jes T. Y. Lim, says outside of 500 km is OK which means almost all of Beacon Park and all of the rest of Irvine is good!

I believe in today's (maybe yesterday) Chinese World Journal there was an article about the Great Park. According to a friend who reads Chinese the article just talked about the park's future amenities and did not mention any cemetery issues. This newspaper is highly followed and respected by the community. This is second hand information, so maybe someone else who reads the language can provide more details.

Back