Prices will not stop climbing in Irvine, this picture says it all

You're going to have these problems anywhere you go if it's a desirable area to live. Go to Vancouver and tell me traffic in Irvine is bad :)

I don't think FCB money is still coming--at the pace it used to earlier; significant reduction

OCLuvr said:
I don't think FCB money is still coming--at the pace it used to earlier; significant reduction

You are mistaken, trust me on that.  I've seen bank statements from about a half dozen FCB cash buyers on my listings to know that the money is still coming over, albeit in sub $50k weekly amounts via wires from random chinese banks.  Don't kid yourself, if they want to move the money over here it'll get moved.

acf said:
You're going to have these problems anywhere you go if it's a desirable area to live. Go to Vancouver and tell me traffic in Irvine is bad :)

You don't have to go up that far north....go up to the Westside (Santa Monica down to Silicone Beach/LAX area)....that's real traffic.

Burn That Belly said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
OCLuvr said:

You are mistaken, trust me on that.  I've seen bank statements from about a half dozen FCB cash buyers on my listings to know that the money is still coming over, albeit in sub $50k weekly amounts via wires from random chinese banks.  Don't kid yourself, if they want to move the money over here it'll get moved.

Go easy on 'em. Most folks don't have deep Asian roots and knowledge of the corruption born from the Confucius society.  ;)

Agree. Money will come, one way or another.

I guess you didn't get the memo regarding the hot crypto currencies. That's where people are investing.

eyephone said:
I guess you didn't get the memo regarding the hot crypto currencies. That's where people are investing.

[list type=decimal]
[*]crypto currency
[*]investing
[/list]

pick one.

all kidding aside I have stashes of ETH, BTC (and now BCH I suppose). they are both outperforming my index funds by the moon but at they sure as heck still feel like funny money.

capboba said:
eyephone said:

[list type=decimal]
[*]crypto currency
[*]investing
[/list]

pick one.

all kidding aside I have stashes of ETH, BTC (and now BCH I suppose). they are both outperforming my index funds by the moon but at they sure as heck still feel like funny money.

look at this trust!  lol
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/GBTC/

Liar Loan said:
This is the most rational explanation of Bitcoin's value that I've read.  The author believes the fundamental value of one Bitcoin is $100, not the $4,000 that it currently trades for.
http://thedeepstate.com/bitcoin-valuation-bubble/

It's definitely a bubble.. but with Bubbles there are winners to ride with.  THere is a place for Crypto but nobody can actually tell you how much it's worth until there is some form of regulation. 

Burn That Belly said:
Bitcoin is nice, but it is too volatile. Only good for gambling.

Imagine getting paid today in BTC by your employer or your tenant paying you rent. The next day, you could lose 20-30% of the day-before value. Sorry, but getting paid in cash is still best.

There's always a risk. As long as you are aware of the risk.
It's like buying a house by plants that are sprayed with pesticides. Some people may not want to buy to live there and some do. (Buy at your own risk)  ;)

ouch!

eyephone said:
Burn That Belly said:
Bitcoin is nice, but it is too volatile. Only good for gambling.

Imagine getting paid today in BTC by your employer or your tenant paying you rent. The next day, you could lose 20-30% of the day-before value. Sorry, but getting paid in cash is still best.

There's always a risk. As long as you are aware of the risk.
It's like buying a house by plants that are sprayed with pesticides. Some people may not want to buy to live there and some do. (Buy at your own risk)  ;)

Burn That Belly said:
I don't need my money in another form of currency. The US currency is fine with me. I'll gladly take my US currency and then reinvest into Irvine RE like EW and OH3 because I LOVE my sleep and I want to be able to sleep well at night. Lack of sleep causes high blood pressure just ruins my day.

Point taken and understood. However, that's the same argument I hear from people that say, "stocks are too risky".
;)

Back