President Trump

Fox "news" has a steady supply of whataboutisms that allows certain educated right wingers (I prefer not to call them conservatives anymore) to feel good about themselves while silently supporting sex offenders and rabid racists.  you just have to turn on Laura Ingram or Sean hannity and everything pesky will feel normal again ...

fortune11 said:
Fox "news" has a steady supply of whataboutisms that allows certain educated right wingers (I prefer not to call them conservatives anymore) to feel good about themselves while silently supporting sex offenders and rabid racists.  you just have to turn on Laura Ingram or Sean hannity and everything pesky will feel normal again ...

?Why Democrats win even if they lose in Alabama
The party will either pick up a seat in the Deep South ? or have Roy Moore to campaign against in the midterms.?

?He?ll be the gift that keeps on giving for Democrats. If you?re running in 2018, Roy Moore?s going to be your new best friend. As a Republican, to think that you can win without the baggage of Roy Moore is pretty naive,? said Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.).
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/10/democrats-alabama-roy-moore-doug-jones-288631

Irvinecommuter said:
...his use of racially insensitive language in like no. 500 on the list.

So you agree that the term "yellow" has been in use forever?  Thanks for playing.  LOL.

Liar Loan said:
Irvinecommuter said:

So you agree that the term "yellow" has been in use forever?  Thanks for playing.  LOL.

Yeah, years ago people used coloreds, spics, kikes, wops, mics. So it's perfectly acceptable to use those terms now. And of course, it's always the tolerant lefties using such vocabulary.

Loco_local said:
Liar Loan said:
Irvinecommuter said:

Yeah, years ago people used coloreds, spics, kikes, wops, mics. So it's perfectly acceptable to use those terms now. And of course, it's always the tolerant lefties using such vocabulary.

I haven't argued that it was perfectly acceptable to use those terms.  This is a strawman argument on your part.

Liar Loan said:
Irvinecommuter said:

I really have nothing to say about this subject anymore.  People can make their own judgments on the subject and where they stand.

Movingup said:
SoCal said:
Catching up on this thread after a while, reading some of the bizarre comments about Trump being Anti-Semite in Chief.

Ah, yes. Trump the anti-Semite who created an Evangelical Advisory Board. A Who's-Who of Christian leaders such as Greg Laurie - one of many pastors who profoundly understands the Biblical significance of protecting Israel. Trump, the anti-Semite, who has expressed interest in moving the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem. Jerusalem! The home of Solomon's Temple. That's a bold move. Do you have any idea how many people in the world mistakenly believe that Tel Aviv is the capital of Israel? Their Arab enemies don't want Israel to exist, let alone for Jerusalem be its seat of authority.

You are smart just like many of us here. But there are also a lot of people who get brain-washed by the liberal talking points(lies). Seriously, they can't accept they lost the election and they will do anything to make the President fail.

After many months, I'm just checking back in to see who was the first to retract their comments about Trump being anti-Semitic given the recent announcement regarding Jerusalem. *Crickets*.

He hasn't exactly become BFFs with the David Dukes of the world in the past week.

SoCal said:
Movingup said:
SoCal said:
Catching up on this thread after a while, reading some of the bizarre comments about Trump being Anti-Semite in Chief.

Ah, yes. Trump the anti-Semite who created an Evangelical Advisory Board. A Who's-Who of Christian leaders such as Greg Laurie - one of many pastors who profoundly understands the Biblical significance of protecting Israel. Trump, the anti-Semite, who has expressed interest in moving the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem. Jerusalem! The home of Solomon's Temple. That's a bold move. Do you have any idea how many people in the world mistakenly believe that Tel Aviv is the capital of Israel? Their Arab enemies don't want Israel to exist, let alone for Jerusalem be its seat of authority.

You are smart just like many of us here. But there are also a lot of people who get brain-washed by the liberal talking points(lies). Seriously, they can't accept they lost the election and they will do anything to make the President fail.

After many months, I'm just checking back in to see who was the first to retract their comments about Trump being anti-Semitic given the recent announcement regarding Jerusalem. *Crickets*.

He hasn't exactly become BFFs with the David Dukes of the world in the past week.

I am curious about the Biblical basis for protecting Jerusalem?  What would that be?  Do people think that God cannot protect Jerusalem if He desired to do so?

Pretty sure no one with any level of geographic knowledge believes Tel Aviv is the capital of Israel.

If you think the Arab nations are somehow united, then you fundamental don't understand the ME.  Not too mention Israel is by far the strongest military force in ME.  US gives Israel $3 billion in aid every year.  Doing what Trump just did basically made the US irrelevant politically in ME...it's pretty much what Trump has done globally on almost every front.

SoCal said:
Movingup said:
SoCal said:

Serious questio:

Are people excited about this because they think little rocketman is about to launch an attack to end the world and now the evangelicals will be saved?

I remember when Roy Moore won the primary against Luther Strange, people criticized Trump for backing the "establishment" candidate Luther Strange, over the outsider Roy Moore.  Now it sure looks like Trump was right and the Alabama Republicans were wrong.  They just gave away a safe Republican Senate seat for no good reason. 

This is also a big setback for Steve Bannon's crusade against Mitch McConnell.  With such an embarrassing loss under his belt, a lot of other states will think twice before running Steve Bannon's candidates.

Liar Loan said:
I remember when Roy Moore won the primary against Luther Strange, people criticized Trump for backing the "establishment" candidate Luther Strange, over the outsider Roy Moore.  Now it sure looks like Trump was right and the Alabama Republicans were wrong.  They just gave away a safe Republican Senate seat for no good reason. 

This is also a big setback for Steve Bannon's crusade against Mitch McConnell.  With such an embarrassing loss under his belt, a lot of other states will think twice before running Steve Bannon's candidates.

Trump didn't have to back Moore but he did.

I was surprised he would endorse somebody accused of sexual assault given his own problems with those charges.  Usually, he's really good at using confirmation bias to his own advantage, but in this instance it works against him if people say "Of course he endorses a sexual assaulter because he is one himself."

Isn't 14 fairly close to marriageable/courtable age in Alabama? I heard a Moore supporter in Alabama tell an NPR reporter that "what's wrong with that? My wife was 16 when we got married."

Irvinecommuter said:
Trump didn't have to back Moore but he did.
Of course he had to.  One candidate would vote with him.  The other would vote against him.  It is not rocket science. 

The seat is a very crucial one due to the near 50/50 split in the senate.  Most of the campaign contributions came from out of state.  New York and California were the biggest contributors.  That sort of thing should be illegal.  We shouldn?t be helping decide who represents Alabama. 

The whole assault allegation was very overrated.  The timing of it was highly questionable.  The media sold wolf tickets.  It was dirty politics.

Back