President Trump

Liar Loan said:
peppy said:
Totally made up story.'

"Ford, however, said it neither planned to close the Louisville, Ky., plant nor reduce jobs there".

Ok. Let's deconstruct his Tweet then, shall we?

-Trump's claim that "he just got a call"  TRUE
-Trump's claim that Bill Ford is his "friend"  FALSE
-Trump's claim that Bill Ford is chairman of Ford  TRUE
-Trump's claim that Bill Ford advised him of something  TRUE
-Trump's claim that the Lincoln plant is staying in Kentucky  TRUE
-Trump's claim that the Lincoln won't be produced in Mexico  TRUE

You're right.  Bill Ford and Trump are not friends, so that is a "totally made up story".  Props for pointing that out peppy!  :p

Seriously though.. What the statement from Ford seems to be hinting at is that Trump's plan to dramatically lower corporate taxes would make things competitive enough for Ford to allow them to keep more production in the USA.  You have to learn to read corporate speak and read between the lines.

"Today, we confirmed with the President-elect that our small Lincoln utility vehicle made at the Louisville Assembly Plant will stay in Kentucky.  We are encouraged that President-elect Trump and the new Congress will pursue policies that will improve U.S. competitiveness and make it possible to keep production of this vehicle here in the United States."

You forgot the most important onse:

- Trump's claim that the plant was going to close FALSE
- Trump's claim that production of this plant was going to relocate to Mexico FALSE

In any case, on the policy side what worries me is the threat of an import tariff on goods made in Mexico (35%) and China (45%). It can make it more attractive to produce goods nationally, but also can easily set off a trade war between countries.

Peppy you seem to have a lot of inside knowledge of their conversation beyond what was in Trump's tweets.  Can you please explain why Bill Ford called Trump and made such an assurance?

Liar Loan said:
Peppy you seem to have a lot of inside knowledge of their conversation beyond what was in Trump's tweets.  Can you please explain why Bill Ford called Trump and made such an assurance?

It's called being skeptical.

They've met at least a few times.  In October, they met and Ford said the following about Trump:

"He was very thoughtful, asked good questions. He certainly knows the facts."

Don+t+believe+everything+you+read+don+t+believe+everything+you+read_06916c_5884990.jpg

Movingup said:
Not sure what your point is. What did he lie that matter to you before he runs for presidency? In your mind, what is he going to lie from now on as the future President?

Trump lie: The number of illegal immigrants in the United States is 30 million, it could be 34 million.
Truth: Researchers put the number of illegal immigrants at about 11 or 12 million, with the flow of illegal immigrants at a 40-year low.

Trump lie: I watched in Jersey City, N.J., where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as the World Trade Center collapsed.
Truth: If thousands of people were celebrating the attacks on American soil, many people besides Trump would remember it. And in the 21st century, there would be video or visual evidence.

Trump lie: I was totally against the war in Iraq, saying for many years that it would destabilize the Middle East.
Truth: If Trump saw regional destabilization on the horizon, he kept it under wraps. The record shows at best some early reservations that evolved into opposition about a year after the war began. When radio host Howard Stern asked Trump if he supported the invasion about six months before the war began Trump said, "Yeah, I guess so."

Trump lie: There is no system to vet refugees from the Middle East.
Truth: There are concerns about information gaps, but a system does exist and has existed since 1980. It involves multiple federal intelligence and security agencies, as well as the United Nations. Refugee vetting typically takes one to two years and includes numerous rounds of security checks.

Trump lie: The unemployment rate may be as high as 42 percent.
Truth: Getting a percentage that high requires believing that being a full-time student, a senior citizen, a stay-at-home parent, a job-training participant, or having a disability is no excuse for not holding down a full-time job. The highest alternative unemployment-rate measure that has any credibility is 16.4 percent.

Trump lie: We're the highest taxed nation in the world.
Truth: Data from 2014, the most recent year available, shows that the United States wasn?t the most highly taxed by the typical metrics and actually places near the bottom or around the middle of the pack.

Trump lie: The Trump Winery (near Charlottesville, Va.) is the largest winery on the East Coast. Trump added that he owns the winery "100 percent."
Truth: Whether you measure it by acreage of vines or the production of wine, it is not even close. And a legal disclaimer on the winery website says Trump doesn?t own the winery.

Trump lie: I wrote a book called The Art of the Deal, the No. 1 selling business book of all time.
Truth: How To Win Friends & Influence People, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Rich Dad Poor Dad, and others have all sold many times more.

Trump lie: On Feb 26, 2016 on Meet the Press, Trump said regarding Trump University/Trump Entrepreneur Institute, "We have an A from the Better Business Bureau."
Truth: The Better Business Bureau doesn't release details of its past ratings, but it did say Trump's program had ratings that ranged from A+ to D-. What we do know, from several published reports and archived Web pages, is that the university had a D in 2010 and under its new name, had ratings ranging from C to B, with no ratings after March 2014.

Trump lie: Regarding the primary in Florida: "Out of 67 counties (in Florida), I won 66, which is unprecedented. It's never happened before."
Truth: In 2004, John Kerry won all 67 counties for the Democrats; in 2000, Al Gore won all 67 for the Democrats and George W. Bush won all 67 for Republicans. In 1996, Bob Dole took 66 of 67 counties for the GOP primary and the 67th was a tie between Dole and Pat Buchanan in Washington County.

Trump lie: The 2016 federal omnibus spending bill funds illegal immigrants coming in and through your border, right through Phoenix.
Truth: The omnibus bill does not fund undocumented immigrants coming in and through the border; it funds the very agency tasked with keeping undocumented immigrants out, U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

Trump lie: Says he is a Christian.
Truth: Trump explicitly rejects the fundamentals of Christianity, i.e. man?s fallen state and his need for reconciliation with God. When asked about that, Trump made it clear that he doesn?t believe he needs to be forgiven for anything, that he just needs to ? in his words ? ?drink my little wine and have my little cracker.? As Trump put it, ?Why do I have to ask for forgiveness if you?re not making mistakes??

Trump: "I don't condone violence.?
Trump: "I'd like to punch him in the face.?

Trump lie: Says Clinton campaign started the birther controversy in 2008. Says that he finished it. Says that he stopped talking about it after Obama's birth certificate was shown.
Truth: Clinton campaign did not start it. Trump kept questioning the legitimacy of Obama's presidency/birthplace as recently as 3 days before his Sept 16 announcement, long after the birth certificate was released in 2008.

That's all I'm going to type up for now. The list is too long for me to make complete. Maybe when he releases his tax returns, as he promised to do, then I will have reason to reconsider if he actually is capable of telling the truth once in a while.

You cannot read another person's mind. But by looking at their actions, you can gather evidence of what is inside them. The evidence on Trump points to a person that cares only about himself. The ends justify the means for him. He doesn't care who he hurts as long as he gets what he wants. The people of the USA are in for 4 years of hurt.

BangBros said:
tim said:
You cannot read another person's mind. But by looking at their actions, you can gather evidence of what is inside them. The evidence on Trump points to a person that cares only about himself. The ends justify the means for him. He doesn't care who he hurts as long as he gets what he wants. The people of the USA are in for 4 years of hurt.

Yeah but, there is a saying in Business school:

"Past Performance Is Not An Indicator Of Future Results ".  So apply that with Trump.  You can't judge a man based on his past and predict the future with that.  If anyone can predict the future, then it'll be like Minority Report. 

Oh my god, are you for real? So what do you use to judge people? If your daughter was deciding who to date: A) a boy that just got out of jail for rape, or B) a boy that has good grades and has never been in trouble with the law or at school. Would you tell her that it's a toss-up as to which one would be better?

tim said:
BangBros said:
tim said:

"Past Performance Is Not An Indicator Of Future Results ".  So apply that with Trump.  You can't judge a man based on his past and predict the future with that.  If anyone can predict the future, then it'll be like Minority Report. 

Oh my god, are you for real? So what do you use to judge people? If your daughter was deciding who to date: A) a boy that just got out of jail for rape, or B) a boy that has good grades and has never been in trouble with the law or at school. Would you tell her that it's a toss-up as to which one would be better?

Not a fair comparison. 

Don't even get me started on listing Hillary lies. I don't think there is enough room here. They ALL lie.  What the libs cannot get their head around is the this was not ideological or even totally about a particular candidate.. Americans are sick of being told what to do and how think.  Sick of being put down, judged and belittled. Americans wanted a hand grenade.  They got it in Trump, and to a degree Bernie.

jmoney74 said:
tim said:
BangBros said:
tim said:

Not a fair comparison. 

Why? What would YOU use to judge someone, if not the actions of their life?

morekaos said:
Don't even get me started on listing Hillary lies. I don't think there is enough room here. They ALL lie.  What the libs cannot get their head around is the this was not ideological or even totally about a particular candidate. Americans are sick of being told what to do and how think.  Sick of being put down, judged and belittled. Americans wanted a hand grenade.  They got it in Trump, and to a degree Bernie.

He asked what lies from Trump we were concerned about. I answered.

If someone is sick of being put down, why would they vote for one of the biggest bullies around? Trump constantly insults and shames people.http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/01/28/upshot/donald-trump-twitter-insults.html

But to be clear, I think you are right that lots of people voted for him because they wanted change. What is funny is that they were also upset that things were changing too fast. As has been said, Trump is the wrong solution to any problem.

tim said:
jmoney74 said:
tim said:
BangBros said:
tim said:

Not a fair comparison. 

It's like saying I had a hunch and hired a pretty good businessman to run my i dunno... tech expo conference. 

THen you come in and say.. well would you pick a rapist or someone with no criminal record?  well... lol

Not trying to talk trash.. just don't think it's a fair comparison. 

jmoney74 said:
tim said:
jmoney74 said:
tim said:
BangBros said:
tim said:

Not a fair comparison. 

It's like saying I had a hunch and hired a pretty good businessman to run my i dunno... tech expo conference. 

THen you come in and say.. well would you pick a rapist or someone with no criminal record?  well... lol

Not trying to talk trash.. just don't think it's a fair comparison. 

Ah, I gotcha. Well, let me try something less inflammatory :)

I am saying that you look at a man's past actions to get an idea of their future actions. BangBros said "you can't judge a man based on his past and predict the future with that." If I cannot judge a man based on his past actions, then what do I use to try to understand what he is likely to do in the future?

tim said:
I am saying that you look at a man's past actions to get an idea of their future actions. BangBros said "you can't judge a man based on his past and predict the future with that." If I cannot judge a man based on his past actions, then what do I use to try to understand what he is likely to do in the future?

It is past the point of discussing Hillary vs Trump. What you need to know is Americans have 2 choices for the President, both are very flawed. Yet, our democratic election system elected Trump and his win was decisive. People are sick of the last 8 years, whether our unemployment rate is 5% or 40%, it doesn't matter. Middle class are destroyed, Obamacare premiums is going to be more than some people's mortgage, people want law and order, people who follow rules trying to get into this country feel cheated because illegals can get amnesty. If you think Hillary/Obama 3rd term is what this country needs, you really have no idea about the world. At this point, everyone should be united to get something done in this country.

Movingup said:
tim said:

It is past the point of discussing Hillary vs Trump. What you need to know is Americans have 2 choices for the President, both are very flawed. Yet, our democratic election system elected Trump and his win was decisive. People are sick of the last 8 years, whether our unemployment rate is 5% or 40%, it doesn't matter. Middle class are destroyed, Obamacare premiums is going to be more than some people's mortgage, people want law and order, people who follow rules trying to get into this country feel cheated because illegals can get amnesty. If you think Hillary/Obama 3rd term is what this country needs, you really have no idea about the world. At this point, everyone should be united to get something done in this country.

I'm not sure why you quoted me. You said nothing about what I said. Your previous sentences that I was replying to were, "What did he lie that matter to you before he runs for presidency? In your mind, what is he going to lie from now on as the future President?" I listed lies that he told before he was elected. I then asserted that if you look at his past, you see a person that only cares about himself. BangBros then said that you cannot judge a person's future actions based on their past actions. I am now asking - what you would use instead?

As far as what you just said here, saying "If you think Hillary/Obama 3rd term is what this country needs, you really have no idea about the world." is insulting. morekaos said people are tired of being insulted. Can I be one of those? Please don't insult me. I did not insult you. Or is it the case that those who are tired of being insulted are not tired of doing the insulting?

I am amazed that people think Trump will help them with any problems they are having. He has no history of helping anyone but himself.

I realize that I never answered the part you asked about what I think he will lie about as President. I think he will lie about pretty much everything. This is consistent with his past behavior. For example, I think he will never release his tax returns. He promised to release them, then didn't. His last promise was to release them after the audit. I don't believe he ever will. Also, I don't think we will build a wall and get Mexico to pay for it. He promised that would happen. And he promised that he meant that literally. It won't happen. I certainly do not think he will make America great again.

Also consistent with his past behavior is to take credit for things he shouldn't. For example, he brags about a how he has spent millions making his buildings be handicap-accessible. Kind of weird to brag about making your buildings meet building codes. I don't brag about meeting the minimum required of me at my job. So I expect he will lie about repealing Obama-care. Instead, he and Congress will make improvements to it (which they could have done the past 6 years but instead just left Americans to suffer), and then he will claim he did so much better than he even promised.

You asked, so I am answering. I am still waiting for someone to answer my question.

tim said:
That's all I'm going to type up for now. The list is too long for me to make complete. Maybe when he releases his tax returns, as he promised to do, then I will have reason to reconsider if he actually is capable of telling the truth once in a while.
Looks like you copy/pasted that from a left leaning biased source.  I can probably argue about some of them, but you seem exhausted.

tim said:
Same can be said about a lot of the politicians, maybe most of them...  Some are just more exaggerated than others.  The question is, which candidate is more likely to align with your political interests?  Well, at this point, it's too late for that...

tim said:
eyephone said:
Let's give Trump a chance....
Like the way Trump gave Obama a chance...to show his birth certificate.
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque

Do you support not giving anyone chance?

But didn't everyone give Obama a chance to show his birth certificate?  Obama played his opponents on that one.

tim said:
If someone is sick of being put down, why would they vote for one of the biggest bullies around?
That's why liberals were voted out.  IMO, they are the biggest bullies around.  IMO, they are by far the most bigoted people.  Yes, when conservatives bully or insult, it's pretty in your face and blatant.  Liberals are much more eloquent and skillful about it. 

People are getting tired of being attacked over and over and over.  They are sick of it.  And now liberals are being exposed as hypocrites.

On that note...  IMO, Obama has been the most polarizing divisive president that I've seen in my lifetime.  He could have been so much more.  He could have been great.

----

P.S. I am not a Trump supporter.  I didn't vote for Trump.

spootieho said:
tim said:
Looks like you copy/pasted that from a left leaning biased source.  I can probably argue about some of them, but you seem exhausted.

Well, it is tiring trying to figure out which of his lies to pick.

spootieho said:
tim said:
Same can be said about a lot of the politicians, maybe most of them...  Some are just more exaggerated than others.

Trump takes all of this to a new level. No candidate in my lifetime has ever had so many members and leaders of his own party refuse to endorse him. Or so many newspapers that lean his direction refuse to endorse him. His supporters say those people are just more out-of-touch people. But they are the ones that are not fooled by him. They see who he is.http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/editorials/2016/09/07/recommend-hillary-clinton-us-presidenthttp://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/editorial/2016/09/27/hillary-clinton-endorsement/91198668/

spootieho said:
The question is, which candidate is more likely to align with your political interests?  Well, at this point, it's too late for that...

Trump only aligns with Trump's political interests. Those who think otherwise are fooling themselves. Again, I base this on his past actions.

spootieho said:
tim said:
eyephone said:
Let's give Trump a chance....
Like the way Trump gave Obama a chance...to show his birth certificate.
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque

Do you support not giving anyone chance?

But didn't everyone give Obama a chance to show his birth certificate?  Obama played his opponents on that one.

That is funny bringing up logical fallacies when discussing Trump.

I gave Trump a chance to show who he was when he was a candidate. He showed who he was. I cannot give that man any more chances. You want me to give a chance to the man who would not even say that he would endorse the election results unless he won? You want me to give a chance to the man who questioned the legitimacy of our previous President for 7 years? Why should I do more for him than he is willing to do for others? If he were a decent human, I would. But he is an example of the worst of humanity. The Presidency magnifies a person's faults. President Trump is going to be a nightmare.

spootieho said:
tim said:
If someone is sick of being put down, why would they vote for one of the biggest bullies around?
That's why liberals were voted out.  IMO, they are the biggest bullies around.  IMO, they are by far the most bigoted people.  Yes, when conservatives bully or insult, it's pretty in your face and blatant.  Liberals are much more eloquent and skillful about it. 

People are getting tired of being attacked over and over and over.  They are sick of it.  And now liberals are being exposed as hypocrites.

Old, white people do love their white privilige. My hope rests in knowing that the average lifespan in America is 79 years. Hopefully there won't be enough Trump voters alive to vote for him again.

Actually seems to me that Trump won the election because, while the Republican vote was down, the Democrat vote was down more. In the end, people voted for their tribe.

spootieho said:
On that note...  IMO, Obama has been the most polarizing divisive president that I've seen in my lifetime.  He could have been so much more.  He could have been great.

----

P.S. I am not a Trump supporter.  I didn't vote for Trump.

I'm not sure what Obama could do when the Repub Congress made it their main goal to work against him from the very start.

BangBros said:
President[Elect] Trump has spoken today!  I am feeling even more confident!

Let's bring those jobs back to American soil! 

Which jobs do you want him to bring back?

Manufacturing jobs have been lost to automation, not to factories moving out of the country. Companies aren't going to do away with automation. Automation will keep increasing.

Coal jobs have been lost due to the declining price of natural gas and renewable energy sources. Is Trump going to make those artificially expensive?

Trump will help Trump.

Back