President Trump

As a former government employee, I thank you for your kind words and recognition of our service.

Would it surprise you to learn that many of us in government don't trust the way the government operates? Did you know that many federal agencies, including DOD, use Fed Ex instead of USPS for important mail even though USPS is cheaper?

nosuchreality said:
What public services?  That is such a dumb ass comment.

I?ll write this but it?s not for you, you won?t really read, you?ll look it to find snippy little misdirects.  Anyone living in Southern California asking ?what government services? is, IMO, really ignorant of the way our State works and why they live here.

The first irony is asking what services in a forum around Irvine Housing, an upper middle class city whose primary draw for housing is public schools.  Not Private Schools, but quality Public Schools.  Pesky Government Service. That's State, Local and Fed all in one.

It goes much further than that.  We live here because of the good jobs, educated workforce & neighbors, our climate and beaches.

Yea, that?s all Government Services too.  Literally the air you breathe is a byproduct of a half century of onerous government services to clean it up. Without them, in Irvine, you wouldn?t want to sit in your California room.

It?s okay, without government services, you wouldn?t have a California room to sit in.  There roughly 19 million people in Southern California.  Why are 19 million people in this semi?arid region?  A century plus of massive Government Services and projects to provide you water.  Yea, without those giant water projects, most of those 19 million people couldn?t be here.  Without those 19 million people, most of the things you thump your chest about thinking you?re super successful, wouldn?t be here.

Well we have the economy.  Yea, almost too many government services to name.  The massive infrastructure projects, the 50+ year massive government service investment in the UC and Cal States systems or the government pork of cold war spending. California?s economy, population and vigor has been primed for a century with Government Services.

As you leave your job tonight which likely exists because it feeds on the people and business that feed on government services, and pull out on the government services (road) and think how nice it is now that the government services (lights) are government serviced (timed) and wave to the government services (police) that?s pulled over the shithead that ran the red light and think how nice it is to live in government services (safe) Irvine. 

As you tune in to Jon & Ken on the Radio, you don?t think about the government services making it possible.  As you catch the government services (traffic report) you?re thankful you aren?t a sheeple fighting the traffic on those poor government services in Los Angeles.  You?re rattled out of gloating, as another government services (Fire response) roars by on their way to help someone. 

As you turn towards your home in your carefully government serviced (planned and mandated) subdivision, you notice the vagrant panhandling outside the supermarket and think I need to call government services (Spitzer) and demand government services (someone) does government services (something) about him.  He?s probably a criminal and belongs back in the government services (jail). 

As you walk in your home you barely notice the earth tremor and don?t even think about the fact that the building isn?t collapsing on you because of those pesky government services (building regulations, inspections ad nauseam).  You hug your spouse and ask if they heard about the government services (recall) on the Romaine.  You don?t really think about the government services (clean) and government services (safe) food you?re going to eat or about the fact that you government services (know what?s in it).  You sit down to enjoy the beautiful evening in your California room, breathing the government services (clean air) and enjoying the government services (view you can see because your eyes are burning and blurred from watering).  You ask how your kid?s day went at government services (Public School). Wonderful they say, but complain about the government services (class size) which makes you grumble. 

You talk about maybe heading to the government services (Beach access)) this weekend.  You love that they are government services (clean).  You notice you forgot the government services (water) so you go inside and flip on the government services (electricity) for the lights, which actually  government services (come on and work).  You grab a government services (non-toxic) plastic pitcher from the counter and head to fridge and get some government services (filtered) water to remove the taste of the government services (chlorine) which keeps the water government services (safe).  After dinner, you head in to adjust temp because it?s getting chilly and the furnace government services (kicks on and burns gas).  You smile because it?s a very government services (efficient) new system.  You flip on the government services (TV broadcast) catching the news about government services (financial and economy indicators).  You?ve got an early day tomorrow back at your self-made job, so you head off to your government services (non-toxic) bed blissfully unconcerned that your  heater will government services (heat safely) and not smother you with carbon monoxide.  You lay down comfortable knowing that tomorrow the government services (shit you take for granted) will be there just like today and go sleep dreaming of a world free from all those pesky government services.

Liar Loan said:
nosuchreality said:
Loco_local said:

Because we're a nation of cake eaters.

Sure, some actually move.  Many are reside on paper.  Cali is full of them.  They want to live here, they want all the services this State offers, they just don't want to pay their part of it.

Cake Eater.

/rant off.

What services does this state offer?  I'm genuinely curious.

Happiness said:
As a former government employee, I thank you for your kind words and recognition of our service.

Would it surprise you to learn that many of us in government don't trust the way the government operates? Did you know that many federal agencies, including DOD, use Fed Ex instead of USPS for important mail even though USPS is cheaper?

The discussion about are the services efficient and effective is very different than 'what services' or do we need them.

Or the even more perverse, 'I don't use any government services' while railing about SNAP.  There's a blindness in the Middle Class, those making comfortable high five and six figure incomes to just how much government services they thoughtlessly consume.

nosuchreality said:
What public services?  That is such a dumb ass comment.

I?ll write this but it?s not for you, you won?t really read, you?ll look it to find snippy little misdirects.  Anyone living in Southern California asking ?what government services? is, IMO, really ignorant of the way our State works and why they live here.

The first irony is asking what services in a forum around Irvine Housing, an upper middle class city whose primary draw for housing is public schools.  Not Private Schools, but quality Public Schools.  Pesky Government Service. That's State, Local and Fed all in one.

It goes much further than that.  We live here because of the good jobs, educated workforce & neighbors, our climate and beaches.

Yea, that?s all Government Services too.  Literally the air you breathe is a byproduct of a half century of onerous government services to clean it up. Without them, in Irvine, you wouldn?t want to sit in your California room.

It?s okay, without government services, you wouldn?t have a California room to sit in.  There roughly 19 million people in Southern California.  Why are 19 million people in this semi?arid region?  A century plus of massive Government Services and projects to provide you water.  Yea, without those giant water projects, most of those 19 million people couldn?t be here.  Without those 19 million people, most of the things you thump your chest about thinking you?re super successful, wouldn?t be here.

Well we have the economy.  Yea, almost too many government services to name.  The massive infrastructure projects, the 50+ year massive government service investment in the UC and Cal States systems or the government pork of cold war spending. California?s economy, population and vigor has been primed for a century with Government Services.

As you leave your job tonight which likely exists because it feeds on the people and business that feed on government services, and pull out on the government services (road) and think how nice it is now that the government services (lights) are government serviced (timed) and wave to the government services (police) that?s pulled over the shithead that ran the red light and think how nice it is to live in government services (safe) Irvine. 

As you tune in to Jon & Ken on the Radio, you don?t think about the government services making it possible.  As you catch the government services (traffic report) you?re thankful you aren?t a sheeple fighting the traffic on those poor government services in Los Angeles.  You?re rattled out of gloating, as another government services (Fire response) roars by on their way to help someone. 

As you turn towards your home in your carefully government serviced (planned and mandated) subdivision, you notice the vagrant panhandling outside the supermarket and think I need to call government services (Spitzer) and demand government services (someone) does government services (something) about him.  He?s probably a criminal and belongs back in the government services (jail). 

As you walk in your home you barely notice the earth tremor and don?t even think about the fact that the building isn?t collapsing on you because of those pesky government services (building regulations, inspections ad nauseam).  You hug your spouse and ask if they heard about the government services (recall) on the Romaine.  You don?t really think about the government services (clean) and government services (safe) food you?re going to eat or about the fact that you government services (know what?s in it).  You sit down to enjoy the beautiful evening in your California room, breathing the government services (clean air) and enjoying the government services (view you can see because your eyes are burning and blurred from watering).  You ask how your kid?s day went at government services (Public School). Wonderful they say, but complain about the government services (class size) which makes you grumble. 

You talk about maybe heading to the government services (Beach access)) this weekend.  You love that they are government services (clean).  You notice you forgot the government services (water) so you go inside and flip on the government services (electricity) for the lights, which actually  government services (come on and work).  You grab a government services (non-toxic) plastic pitcher from the counter and head to fridge and get some government services (filtered) water to remove the taste of the government services (chlorine) which keeps the water government services (safe).  After dinner, you head in to adjust temp because it?s getting chilly and the furnace government services (kicks on and burns gas).  You smile because it?s a very government services (efficient) new system.  You flip on the government services (TV broadcast) catching the news about government services (financial and economy indicators).  You?ve got an early day tomorrow back at your self-made job, so you head off to your government services (non-toxic) bed blissfully unconcerned that your  heater will government services (heat safely) and not smother you with carbon monoxide.  You lay down comfortable knowing that tomorrow the government services (shit you take for granted) will be there just like today and go sleep dreaming of a world free from all those pesky government services.

Liar Loan said:
nosuchreality said:
Loco_local said:

Because we're a nation of cake eaters.

Sure, some actually move.  Many are reside on paper.  Cali is full of them.  They want to live here, they want all the services this State offers, they just don't want to pay their part of it.

Cake Eater.

/rant off.

What services does this state offer?  I'm genuinely curious.

Your comment makes very little sense.  You said this state offers services that make people want to live here but not pay for them, implying that other states don't offer these services, yet unless I'm mistaken, everything you listed above is offered by other states for cheaper and better quality

California education is ranked 41st in the nation, for example.  So Irvine might be an exception, but California as a whole sucks.  We have the worst poverty rate in the nation.  We are 16th for violent crime.  I could go on and on.

So which items on your list of government services are offered exclusively by California and are of higher quality than other states?  As I said, I'm genuinely curious.

Liar Loan said:
Your comment makes very little sense.  You said this state offers services that make people want to live here but not pay for them, implying that other states don't offer these services, yet unless I'm mistaken, everything you listed above is offered by other states for cheaper and better quality

California education is ranked 41st in the nation, for example.  So Irvine might be an exception, but California as a whole sucks.  We have the worst poverty rate in the nation.  We are 16th for violent crime.  I could go on and on.

So which items on your list of government services are offered exclusively by California and are of higher quality than other states?  As I said, I'm genuinely curious.

excuse me, we have banned plastic straws here.  suck it middle america!

Boy for a peaceful people the violence and hateful racist acts seem to be emanating from only the Dems these days...go figure.

Meet the former 'Alinsky-style community organizer' who faces an assault charge for attacking Kellyanne Conway and works for a nonprofit that counsels 'empathy' ? and a FEDERAL warrant could come next

Mary Elizabeth Inabinett, 63, is charged with second-degree assault and faces a March trial for allegedly assaulting White House counselor Kellyanne Conway
Inabinett is pictured here for the first time; she organizes volunteers for a Virginia nonprofit that helps 'social entrepreneurs'
Husband is CEO of Oceana, the celebrated environmental group, and a Quaker
Inabinett describes herself on her LinkedIn page as a former 'Alinsky-style community organizer in Maryland, Delaware, Philadelphia and Massachusetts'
Saul Alinsky was a famous 1960s counterculture leader whose 'Rules for Radicals' book advocated isolating and harassing 'establishment' foes
Altercation took place in the October aftermath of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh's contentious confirmation and swearing-in
Conway says Inabinett grabbed her from behind during a birthday dinner at a Maryland restaurant and shook her
Inabinett's attorney insists she will be proven innocent
Justice Department official says she could be charged with a federal crime since Conway, like all senior White House aides, is commissioned government officer

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6696717/Pictured-Former-Alinsky-style-community-organizer-charged-assaulting-Kellyanne-Conway.html

That's a pretty popular guy...

RCP Average                 1/25 - 2/12 -- 43.3 53.4 -10.1

Politico/Morning Consult 2/7 - 2/10   1991 RV 45 51 -6
Rasmussen Reports       2/10 - 2/1    1500 LV 50 49 +1
The Hill/HarrisX               2/7 - 2/8   1002 RV 47 53 -6
Gallup                           2/1 - 2/10   1016 A 44 52 -8
Economist/YouGov         2/2 - 2/5   1294 RV 42 54 -12
[url]https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html[/url]

morekaos said:

[url]https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html[/url]

-10 is good?  LOL...bar is on the ground.

Irvinecommuter said:
morekaos said:

-10 is good?  LOL...bar is on the ground.

Yeah. I have to say Morekas is trying really hard. But until he understands the average common person/small guy he will never get it.

morekaos said:
The trend is your friend.  That 50% who approve are the small guys >:D

You don?t get it. You have been wrong on so many topics. Midterms, Trump tax, Russia.. (I could keep on going)

I will expand on the Trump tax in a different thread.

morekaos said:
The trend is your friend.  That 50% who approve are the small guys >:D

What?  Trump has been basically at -10 to -12 his entire presidency...it went to -15 recently because Trump shutdown the government...it's like him creating a crisis just to solve it and somehow that being a win. 

People who believe this will believe anything ...

"It must be built.  It's already been built. I need $25billion to pay for it.  It will be a big, beautiful wall.  Don't call it a wall.  Lets build it.  Never mind, we've already built most of it. Lets finish it"

fortune11 said:

"It must be built.  It's already been built. I need $25billion to pay for it.  It will be a big, beautiful wall.  Don't call it a wall.  Lets build it.  Never mind, we've already built most of it. Lets finish it"

I like to add. Trump wants to stop drugs, but he doesn?t want smart technology at the points of entry. So most vehicles and people will be scanned. From watching the news both parties in Congress say approximately only 20% get scanned. (If I remember correctly)

It just makes sense. It?s like a company. If you have X amount of money to spend. They will spend the money that will most likely/have a high percentage either to drive sales or help the operations. (and other reasons)

My example is for traditional companies that drive profit and not companies that Burn cash and LOSE Money. Because those companies spend money wrecklessly in my opinion.

eyephone said:
fortune11 said:

I like to add. Trump wants to stop drugs, but he doesn?t want smart technology at the points of entry. So most vehicles and people will be scanned. From watching the news both parties in Congress say approximately only 20% get scanned. (If I remember correctly)

It just makes sense. It?s like a company. If you have X amount of money to spend. They will spend the money that will most likely/have a high percentage either to drive sales or help the operations. (and other reasons)

My example is for traditional companies that drive profit and not companies that Burn cash and LOSE Money. Because those companies spend money wrecklessly in my opinion.

Yeah...I am over the fake excuses now....Just say we want a wall because we don't want poor brown people coming into our country. 

50% illegal immigration = overstays on visas
50% illegal immigration = run for the border.

Which problem should we address first?  Both problems are poor people wanting to stay for a better life, however, the run for the border illegals are definitely poorer than the overstays.  Plus they have a darker skin color....which is makes them lesser human beings.

zubs said:

Which problem should we address first?  Both problems are poor people wanting to stay for a better life, however, the run for the border illegals are definitely poorer than the overstays.  Plus they have a darker skin color....which is makes them lesser human beings.

This starts with the false premise that illegal immigration is an inherently bad thing.

zubs said:

Says the guy that lives in Irvine?

Back