Prepay the 2nd installment OC property tax

ocococ

Just fyi, I called Orange County Tax Collector and were waiting on the phone for half an hour. Finally i got to talk to someone who confirmed that we can pay property tax before 12/31/17 and it will be counted as payment in 2017, even it's not debited from your account in 17. They use postmark as the actual payment date.

If I pay online I?m pretty sure it will be debited from my account in 2017.

So kind of them to take my $ early.

aquabliss said:
If I pay online I?m pretty sure it will be debited from my account in 2017.

So kind of them to take my $ early.

Too bad they aren't kind enough to pay interest on amounts paid before the due date.  :p

Sorry guys - but my question might sound dumb. I already paid both installments earlier & now want to figure out a way to pay 2018 July to 2019 June OC property tax bill which obviously is not due yet - goal again is to beat the $10k limit which is killing all Californian home owners starting Jan 1.

Has anyone figured out yet how to do this? Of tax collector online sure isn?t showing any such option.

dream16 said:
Sorry guys - but my question might sound dumb. I already paid both installments earlier & now want to figure out a way to pay 2018 July to 2019 June OC property tax bill which obviously is not due yet - goal again is to beat the $10k limit which is killing all Californian home owners starting Jan 1.

Has anyone figured out yet how to do this? Of tax collector online sure isn?t showing any such option.

Not a good idea.
- Probably isn't deductible anyways
- And you can't pay it

Back