Power Rankings: Ghettos of Irvine (IE east of 5)

Burn That Belly said:
You guys are delusional. Call the admin. I am not BF.

Just because some guy uses 'Fever' as a name.

The only person laughing is BF because he is playing us all.

it's more fun that we think you're the same person. 

pisa said:
Ranking the nicest ghettos in Irvine east of 5
1) Orchard Hills Groves (gated)
2) Altair (after its built)
3) Northwood Pointe
4) Orchard Hills non-gated
5) Beacon Park

I have lived in OH and it feels claustrophobic and tight.  Too close to the mountains (abuts it).  Altair and BP are in the boonies; NP is old and floorplans dated.  I would vote Stonegate, Eastwood and Woodbury as the Top 3 east of the 5. 

AA said:
pisa said:
3) Northwood Pointe
5) Beacon Park

I have lived in OH and it feels claustrophobic and tight.  Too close to the mountains (abuts it).  Altair and BP are in the boonies; NP is old and floorplans dated.  I would vote Stonegate, Eastwood and Woodbury as the Top 3 east of the 5.

BP is the boonies?  I'd consider that location not that different from Stonegate. 

paydawg said:
AA said:
pisa said:
3) Northwood Pointe
5) Beacon Park

BP is the boonies?  I'd consider that location not that different from Stonegate.

Some people just don't like GP areas.
And some people just pick on SG.

I thought we already decided that the college park area is the ghetto's of Irvine due to proximity to train tracks.
But it is close to the new Korean BBQ, so how bad can it be?

AA said:
pisa said:
3) Northwood Pointe
5) Beacon Park

As a former resident of Stonegate, I always felt the community layout was very industrial and "efficiently" designed, i.e. maximize the number of units you could squeeze into the given parcel. This led to a very rectangular plan and minimal lot sizes - in other words, claustrophobic and tight. Each tract was adjacent to the other and was built by IP (except for the properties adjacent to Portola) leading to a monotonous overall community feel. A flat topography, the apartment complexes and proximity to Sand (Trash) Canyon just adds a few more undesirable elements.

As a current resident of OH, the community does not feel claustrophobic although many do have tiny yards - I'm talking to you Capella and Strada. Saying it's "too close to the mountains (abuts it)" is like saying my beach front property is too close to the ocean - believe that was the whole point of the community. Just my 2 cents worth.

DrTravel said:
AA said:
pisa said:
3) Northwood Pointe
5) Beacon Park

As a former resident of Stonegate, I always felt the community layout was very industrial and "efficiently" designed, i.e. maximize the number of units you could squeeze into the given parcel. This led to a very rectangular plan and minimal lot sizes - in other words, claustrophobic and tight. Each tract was adjacent to the other and was built by IP (except for the properties adjacent to Portola) leading to a monotonous overall community feel. A flat topography, the apartment complexes and proximity to Sand (Trash) Canyon just adds a few more undesirable elements.

As a current resident of OH, the community does not feel claustrophobic although many do have tiny yards - I'm talking to you Capella and Strada. Saying it's "too close to the mountains (abuts it)" is like saying my beach front property is too close to the ocean - believe that was the whole point of the community. Just my 2 cents worth.

I think it really depends where your property is located rather than the whole village itself.
Even among the same build, there are units that have premiums with corner lots, no facing units, more views, and etc.
This goes true to SG or OH or any other villages.

Also preferences play a big time.
What feels industrial to me could give an impression of clean and organized feel to someone else and vise versa.

But overall I think OH feels more high end compare to most villages east of 5 Freeway.
The location is very hot though (both market and weather).

We always liked the open layout of Beacon Park.  That said, +1 on specific location. E.g. the SFRs closer to the Bosque versus the CondoLand side.  Also, JOST side of Woodbury versus the Sand Canyon side. 

Back