Post Close Work on New Home

jmoney74 said:
There are some people in the neighborhood that will park their 150K cars outside all the time.  That should be a crime in itself!

lol

Not a crime if the garage is reserved for a La Ferrari or P1.

iacrenter said:
jmoney74 said:
There are some people in the neighborhood that will park their 150K cars outside all the time.  That should be a crime in itself!

lol

touche iacrenter

irvinehomeowner said:
@Paris:

But if you park in your garage, you can't even see the tire marks or ugly oil stains (and if you have oil stains, you need to see a mechanic).

The funny thing is, in all the garages I've owned, none really had any "tire marks". You have to be peeling out or skidding into your garage to put down any serious markings.

Page 15 on herehttps://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/14-Ashford-92618/home/4746422

I know the tire marks may not bug some, but it annoys me when I do look at it...

Would rather have epoxy garage floor like that other thread pic with nice cabinets and Porsche

iacrenter said:
jmoney74 said:

lol

If I've got a La Ferrari or P1 in my garage, it better be a minimum 4 car garage and that garage will be decked out with a high end security system and a pit bull  ;D

Depends on that 150k car. I'd park my brand new 2016 S-Class maybach on the street but not 90's porsche turbo 911.

But that's just me... and I'm figuratively speaking.

akkord said:
The Tustin Ranch HOA we were in gave out 10 ish parking permits for the whole community at an annual cost and it was a lottery.  Everyone else park in the garage or you get towed. The streets at our old place are empty and it was awesome.  Pretty sure you could also get a permit if you had a 3rd car with a 3rd driver in the home. Strictly enforced with also an annual fee and checking of car registration/driver's license of the 3rd driver.

Some communities require you to park in the garage - so random garage check is a go! If you violate pay the fine and clean out your crap. 

GH said:
Paris said:
But seriously we should tell HOA to do a garage check because half these people park outside. AND they have like 3 or 4 cars so yeah...annoying  ::)

Instead of garage check, to be fair (and for privacy), they should just issue Parking permits to park on common areas (with random check at night for those without permit).  Give two parking permits per home.  So if you only have two cars, then by all means park outside, but if you have 4 cars, better start using your garage.

What about guests? I'm the type of person that has trouble with this since I'm a car guy and even though I have two cars in the garage, I might have one or two outside.

Agreed, if you plan to or have multiple cars, you probably wouldn't choose to live at a place with that kind of HOA b/c you'd get yourself into trouble.

Guests in the Tustin HOA - just call in to HOA and put them on a safe list, pretty sure you can safe list a car for multiple days too.  It's not all bad, if you have a baby and plan on having family stay to help out - think they have a 100 day safelist or something similar. They started enforcing this when I was about to move out, prior to that it more of a gentlemens agreement between home owners and HOA and people rarely got towed, even during this time, the streets were relatively empty.

B2FiNiTY said:
akkord said:
The Tustin Ranch HOA we were in gave out 10 ish parking permits for the whole community at an annual cost and it was a lottery.  Everyone else park in the garage or you get towed. The streets at our old place are empty and it was awesome.  Pretty sure you could also get a permit if you had a 3rd car with a 3rd driver in the home. Strictly enforced with also an annual fee and checking of car registration/driver's license of the 3rd driver.

Some communities require you to park in the garage - so random garage check is a go! If you violate pay the fine and clean out your crap. 

GH said:
Paris said:
But seriously we should tell HOA to do a garage check because half these people park outside. AND they have like 3 or 4 cars so yeah...annoying  ::)

Instead of garage check, to be fair (and for privacy), they should just issue Parking permits to park on common areas (with random check at night for those without permit).  Give two parking permits per home.  So if you only have two cars, then by all means park outside, but if you have 4 cars, better start using your garage.

What about guests? I'm the type of person that has trouble with this since I'm a car guy and even though I have two cars in the garage, I might have one or two outside.

Back