Portola Springs III

TRNeighbor.com said:
On a side note, do you think this proposed Veterans Cemetery will actually get built? Does't the city of Irvine have any say in the matter? I know the citizens of Irvine would definitely strike it down. 

Don't know if cemetery will ever get build but City of Irvine already gives the approve to build. 

Wished they could've allocate these tens of thousands of acres of open space and put it inside the communities.

The Irvine website doesn't have any updates on that cemetery.  Funding would be a major obstacle.

The problem IMO is that the cemetery risk isn't priced into the PS3 new home prices. I agree it's unlikely to happen, but maybe it impacts buyers' willingness to pay full price.

TRNeighbor.com said:
On a side note, do you think this proposed Veterans Cemetery will actually get built? Does't the city of Irvine have any say in the matter? I know the citizens of Irvine would definitely strike it down.

Rizdak said:
The problem IMO is that the cemetery risk isn't priced into the PS3 new home prices. I agree it's unlikely to happen, but maybe it impacts buyers' willingness to pay full price.

TRNeighbor.com said:
That and dense apartments and future dense neighborhoods. 

The plus side is that it's close to schools and entrance to the toll roads on both sides.  And close to the future PS5.

Rizdak said:

TRNeighbor.com said:
I think they were well aware the cemetery risk when PS3 development started.  If it wasn't the Cressa won't just start at low 900's but 1 mil rather.

TRNeighbor.com said:
iacrenter said:
IrvineNinja said:
Based upon recent builds in Portola Springs (the two newer communities to the East of Lambert Ranch), I am anticipating the new PS III to be just as dense and claustrophobic.  The days, of roomy, lush, open communities are gone.  It's all about how many homes they can fit in a single community...

Welcome to the new Irvine -- not much excitement or value from TIC for years

Wow...I guess you don't travel outside of Irvine much.  There a tens of thousands of acres dedicated to 'open space'.  Try venturing outside of Irvine and you may realize how nice this place really is. 

I wouldn't have bought in Irvine if I didn't value the location. On the other hand, TIC has had a monopoly on home development for too long. They haven't produced an inspiring community since Woodbury. Everything since then has been marred by cost savings and bland community design. At the same time, TIC has brain washed Irvine buyers into accepting 5-10 foot setbacks from their neighbor while paying a premium $/sqft.

Roger said:
Rizdak said:

TRNeighbor.com said:
I think they were well aware the cemetery risk when PS3 development started.  If it wasn't the Cressa won't just start at low 900's but 1 mil rather.

I agree with you. TNHC should already take the cemetery risk into consideration. But it still looks the price won't so attractive. BTW, it starts from high 900K which means already over $400/sqt. To me, it's fair, but not a great deal. If TIC could offer $450/sqt in Eastwood for Piedmont or Belvedere, I will definitely choose Eastwood.

iacrenter said:
TRNeighbor.com said:
iacrenter said:
IrvineNinja said:
Based upon recent builds in Portola Springs (the two newer communities to the East of Lambert Ranch), I am anticipating the new PS III to be just as dense and claustrophobic.  The days, of roomy, lush, open communities are gone.  It's all about how many homes they can fit in a single community...
I am interested to hear what inspiration woodbury had brought us?  :eek:

Wow...I guess you don't travel outside of Irvine much.  There a tens of thousands of acres dedicated to 'open space'.  Try venturing outside of Irvine and you may realize how nice this place really is. 

I wouldn't have bought in Irvine if I didn't value the location. On the other hand, TIC has had a monopoly on home development for too long. They haven't produced an inspiring community since Woodbury. Everything since then has been marred by cost savings and bland community design. At the same time, TIC has brain washed Irvine buyers into accepting 5-10 foot setbacks from their neighbor while paying a premium $/sqft.

Roger said:
iacrenter said:
TRNeighbor.com said:
iacrenter said:
IrvineNinja said:

Woodbury was designed during the last RE bubble and they anticipated significant profits and growth. In turn the WB master plan incorporated a massive luxury commons area and multiple pocket parks/pools. The main entrances have large architectural towers and street lamps have a premium look. A retail center and elementary school are integrated within the community to encourage walking.  TIC development since this time has been on the cheap.

iacrenter said:
Roger said:
iacrenter said:
TRNeighbor.com said:
iacrenter said:
IrvineNinja said:

Woodbury was designed during the last RE bubble and they anticipated significant profits and growth. In turn the WB master plan incorporated a massive luxury commons area and multiple pocket parks/pools. The main entrances have large architectural towers and street lamps have a premium look. A retail center and elementary school are integrated within the community to encourage walking.  TIC development since this time has been on the cheap.
I personally think either Stonegate or Portola Springs has better master plan... but that just my opinion.  :)

Roger said:
iacrenter said:
Roger said:
iacrenter said:
TRNeighbor.com said:
iacrenter said:
IrvineNinja said:

I personally think either Stonegate or Portola Springs has better master plan... but that just my opinion.  :)

I am interested in finding out what makes PS and ST better than WB?  Just curious to see what the pros and cons are.  thx

irvinehomeowner said:
Cypress Village is the best! The best I say!

#MyNameCalledTest

You will pay a premium to have a view of the gorgeous 5 freeway. That's downtown LA baller status. ;)

IrvineNinja said:
Roger said:
iacrenter said:
Roger said:
iacrenter said:
TRNeighbor.com said:
iacrenter said:
IrvineNinja said:

I am interested in finding out what makes PS and ST better than WB?  Just curious to see what the pros and cons are.  thx
A lot of people think PS or ST are too close to lanfill/cemetery and that's certainly a con.  To me just the feel of how they design the theme or landscape from PS/ST communities appear to be more attractive to me.  Earlier development from PS was more spread out and feel not as cramped.  Of course this is not the case for PS 2 or ongoing PS3 and newer build in ST.  Again, this is purely my personal preference and is very subjective.  In particular with Cressa and the Unicorn communities that have higher elevation and guard gated feature, more isolated from the rest of denser population altogether are definitely something I would consider if I am in the market.   

I lived in Woodbury for 5 years and liked it very much, but I think it's very hit or miss depending on your location.  I had an end unit condo with a decent mountain view from my master bedroom and since it was on the corner, there was plenty of guest parking.  However there were many streets within the community that were jam packed at night with cars all up and down the street.

If your considering Woodbury, inspect the exact area you're considering in the early morning, at night, on the weekends.  Park your car, get out, walk around and you'll get a good idea.

Half of the community you'll probably say "heck no I would not want to live in this over crowded compressed village", but if you go a quarter mile down the street and walk near the single loaded homes facing the JOST, you'll feel like it's one of the nicest, most open living areas in all of Irvine.

Does anyone know what the tax rate (including mello roo) and HOA for PS III?  In comparison to Eastwood or Orchard Hills?

I heard Cypress Village actually has low tax rate overall like 1.2% or 1.3% is this true?  Thanks.

irvineorbust said:
Does anyone know what the tax rate (including mello roo) and HOA for PS III?  In comparison to Eastwood or Orchard Hills?

I heard Cypress Village actually has low tax rate overall like 1.2% or 1.3% is this true?  Thanks.

MR in CV ranges from $3400 to $3750 depends on which development.  HOA currently is $130.  Base tax is still 1.05% like everyone else.

Back