Portola Springs - Homeowner Insurance

emmitt2023

Last newbie question (for today 😁) - What is the homeowner insurance situation looking like at Portola Springs? Is any resident there having trouble getting insured due to PS being labeled fire zone?

PS is outside the state responsibility area that's why it's greyed out and not assessed for severity. It is still bordered by a very high fire hazard severity zone.

1713892714886.png

Last newbie question (for today 😁) - What is the homeowner insurance situation looking like at Portola Springs? Is any resident there having trouble getting insured due to PS being labeled fire zone?
If you end up buying Arbor, then you will most likely be able to get insured by Westwood, who works with Shea Homes. I bought Cielo Plan 1 and was quoted $966 per year by Westwood.

As mentioned above, PS is NOT in the fire hazard zone, so you shouldn't have a problem getting fire insurance. In fact, my Bluffs insurance with Mercury is dropping from $815 last year to $708 in the upcoming renewal in May. It did increase from $600 to $815 during last year's renewal, though.

wow ok. @CalBears96 hearing your number, I’m way overpaying for my current residence at Altair 😁😬

Thanks for the info! Yeah I’m asking partially because when I was shopping for insurance three, four years ago, I was told by AAA that they wouldn’t insure Altair due to fire danger, so I made the assumption that PS was in the same shoes. Good to know this map gets updated on an ongoing basis!

Back