Poll: 2010 New Home Collection Owners Survey

How would you rate your satisfaction with your new home in Woodbury or Woodbury East?

• Very satisfied

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Somewhat satisfied

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Neutral

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Not very satisfied

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very disappointed

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Other

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

irvinehomeowner

So now that the 2010 Collection is pretty much history, how are your new homes?

And be brutally honest, if you're not happy.... please indicate it.

If you want to post about it and keep your privacy, just tell us the general things right or wrong with your home, not what neighborhood or tract you bought in.

This is not official by the way (although there may be TIC lurkers about).

Thanks.

the response just about says everything...

you have one stinking response... the poll kind of looks like the middle finger TIC give to each home buyer...

the one largest purchse in you life and most people are indifferent; not that your house is suppose to make you happy but looks like most of the new house smell already wore off...  IHO it's call "Planned Obsolence" - it's a marketing term, that mean that the consumer instantly feels disappointed the instant they take ownership of the purchase and feel an undescrible urge to find the next obsession or product to own.  The new 2010 TIC house is designed so that you feel "let-down" and you are again in the hunt for the upgrade to your next home...  words of TIC's Dan whats his name to enter "housing ladder"!

roundcorners said:

you have one stinking response... the poll kind of looks like the middle finger TIC give to each home buyer...

the one largest purchse in you life and most people are indifferent; not that your house is suppose to make you happy but looks like most of the new house smell already wore off...  IHO it's call "Planned Obsolence" - it's a marketing term, that mean that the consumer instantly feels disappointed the instant they take ownership of the purchase and feel an undescrible urge to find the next obsession or product to own.  The new 2010 TIC house is designed so that you feel "let-down" and you are again in the hunt for the upgrade to your next home...  words of TIC's Dan whats his name to enter "housing ladder"!

The land that WBE sits on was meant to be a buffer to the 133.  Now the homes are the buffer.

Every day when you come home you feel trapped between the 133 and Sand Canyon.  And in the back of your mind you worry about the water tank and cell tower.

The urge to get out turns into desperation and race to find another home begins.

I guess reading the results are subjective... 4 positive, 6 neutral and 3 other equals "disappointed", "let-down" and "buyer's remorse"?

Rose colored glasses.

I have no buyers remorse.

But i did expect a little better quality of construction. I think it was brought
up before in some othe thread. The walls inside the house seem really thin and have very less sound
barrier. we have one wall in the  3rd bedroom which is behind the master bath sink. And you can definitely
hear when the sink is turned on. I don't think that would have changed unless contruction methods are very different
for the 2011 collection.

Although based on the data i had back then and all other issues that are brought up about WBE
I have no regrets. parking seems adequate. [Still the entire neighborhood is not occupied yet]
Don't know how things will shape up when the PA 40 area with shopping etc gets built.
The data I'm talking about is the availability of more homes so soon. We may have considered
some homes in Portola springs if they were available then (purely for price/sq ft). But floorplan
of our present home is definitely something we are very happy about.

As far as homes being so close and therefore noisy I think I have not found
any such thing. In fact I can't imagine how much more quiet the tradition SFR can feel. Probably
because most of our neighbors are young couples with no kids!!!.

If i think of more stuff I'll add it later.

IndieDev said:
It's interesting how this survey has turned out. I feel a lot of buyer's remorse.

waitin4ever said:
I have no buyers remorse.

But i did expect a little better quality of construction. I think it was brought
up before in some othe thread. The walls inside the house seem really thin and have very less sound
barrier. we have one wall in the  3rd bedroom which is behind the master bath sink. And you can definitely
hear when the sink is turned on. I don't think that would have changed unless contruction methods are very different
for the 2011 collection.

I doubt TIC builders would let you do this officially but a friend of mine bought extra insulation and placed it in the walls before the dry walls went up on his home. He said it helped with the noise between bedrooms.

roundcorners said:

That's another reason to rent over buying--you always have an easy option to find a new location or floor plan--no long term regrets.

In hindsight, I should have put an option for "I did not buy in 2010 Collection but I want to see the results without having to click the [View Results] button every time I view this thread".

Bah.

irvinehomeowner said:
I guess reading the results are subjective... 4 positive, 6 neutral and 3 other equals "disappointed", "let-down" and "buyer's remorse"?

Rose colored glasses.

It just seems weird to me that anyone who just bought a new house, which is usually a pretty happy time for most individuals/couples/families, would have the response of "neutral".

Maybe buyer's remorse is overstating or over reading into the poll options, but it does strike me as strange nonetheless.

The last time we bought a house... it probably would have been neutral.

While we loved the lot size and bigger space... the road noise, pre-existing issues (had to replace the water heater, fix toilets, replace fences etc) and lack of features we were used to... kind of neutralized the experience (not to mention the higher payments).

But I do agree... buying "brand new" should probably be a more positive experience. The results are more for the positive side since your previous comment (although I do wonder if those are legit responses).

The TIC plants on TI are not as bold as I thought--would have expected the poll to show 90% very satisfied.

I think we're also working against a normal human response here.

No one wants to come onto a public forum and say, "I bought an over priced shoe box. It really sucks but I'm stuck." I think the ones who are more positive about their experiences will naturally be more bold to give actual responses.

hummmm,... kind of suspicious... the very satistify just jumped to 8?

Waitin not to pick on you, but if I remember you correctly,, your time frame for buying and living in Monterey is going to be 2-3 years???

I'm sorry but I just find that horrendous... I have lived in my IAC apartment going on 2 years now...  I have lived in some apartments before for 8+ years!  The time some people "commit" to a neighborhood here is so short... the apartment right across from us has seen at least 4 tenants since we moved in...

Don't people stay in one place anymore?  Build lasting relationships?  Ever heard of roots?  A place where everyone knows you name???  ok, I'm full pop songs and jingles tonight...

No we have no intention to move out. I'm not sure where you got that 2-3 year time frame.
Even if i don't live there myself for many reasons I completely intend to continue owning this
place as a rental.

The only time we might consider is when we get a
3rd car for the kids in about 10 years. Even then if the parking situation is not bad we may still
be fine. again even if that forces me to move at that point I'll still keep it as rental.

Ofcourse if I suddenly become very rich in 2-3 years i may move to shady canyon and rent out the monterey home.

roundcorners said:
hummmm,... kind of suspicious... the very satistify just jumped to 8?

Waitin not to pick on you, but if I remember you correctly,, your time frame for buying and living in Monterey is going to be 2-3 years???

I'm sorry but I just find that horrendous... I have lived in my IAC apartment going on 2 years now...  I have lived in some apartments before for 8+ years!  The time some people "commit" to a neighborhood here is so short... the apartment right across from us has seen at least 4 tenants since we moved in...

Don't people stay in one place anymore?  Build lasting relationships?  Ever heard of roots?  A place where everyone knows you name???  ok, I'm full pop songs and jingles tonight...

USCTrojanCPA said:
I wonder how many of those votes came from our friendly TIC lurkers... :-X  ;)  :p

Nice. The TIC marketing team is relentless. They want you to live in detached condo bliss at all cost.  :)

Ooo... a very disappointed vote.

Could that member maybe tell us what was disappointing without disclosing too much private information?

As a 2010 owner

I'm very happy with the house and the neighborhood, no big issues so far after 7 months, some problems with doors that need to re adjust due to ground movement. I spend a lot on upgrades and Landscapes, very happy with what I get. 

Have neighbors over at my place and at their place for tea and snacks all the time, always have neighbors bring over food and wines...... Never have those experiences from my renter days. Amazing experience for my family, Money well spend for me.

My shoes box houses is not very big just 1 big master bed and 4 small bed rooms. I love my small backyards many are impress with what I did :-* too bad I can't show you guys online due to my family privacy.

So far I'm very satisfy with the new house and my neighbors.... who some I can regards as new friends.
But I still want a ocean view modern house with copper roof and concrete walls  .....

I'm a believer in positive attitudes and luckily my new home experiences turn out great.

Mike

Back