Plantation Shutters

annabanana

Does anyone have any recommendations for a shutter guy?  Getting bombed with flyers but I would prefer using a reference from someone here.

annabanana said:
Does anyone have any recommendations for a shutter guy?  Getting bombed with flyers but I would prefer using a reference from someone here.
Check out the link below for one of the best pricing and best of all there's no sales tax and free delivery if you order is big enough.
http://www.blinds.com/

About 5-6 years ago we used a company called Design Impact, they did our blinds and plantation shutters (and also my parents'). They were really good and we shop compared them with a few others.

I googled them and this is the number: (949) 831-0504

Doesn't look like they have a website and I don't think they have a storefront but you might want to check them out, they come to your house, show you stuff and install.

We went with polywood based shutters from Home Depot Expot aka Sunburst shutters (who HD outsourced to).  I was leary of a synthetic material, but it has proven itself, no sagging, nor bent shutters, everything operates smoothly to this day.  It's also easy to clean and is resistant to moisture. 

OC plantation shutters. they were the cheapest for wood shutters we could find. Also Rebecca there is very nice and knowledgeable.
She was proactive with everything. She had made multiple visits to the model home before meeting us to have clear understanding
of what we might ask for and be prepared for all requests and questions.

annabanana said:

I mentioned OC Plantation Shutter to my friend and unfortunately my friend had terrible experience with them and want me to warn the members of the forum.

They never answer or return calls after they got your deposit...
After 7 weeks of wait, they installed them and they wouldn't care afterwards even my friend found some problems with the shutters...  :(

Just be aware...

I'm surprised. I never had this problem. We had very good experience and our shutters were delivered and installed
about 5 days after the original date that was promised. But we got our answers every time during the 5-6 week
time. I thought i had a very good relationship with them.

hidden said:
I mentioned OC Plantation Shutter to my friend and unfortunately my friend had terrible experience with them and want me to warn the members of the forum.

They never answer or return calls after they got your deposit...
After 7 weeks of wait, they installed them and they wouldn't care afterwards even my friend found some problems with the shutters...  :(

Just be aware...

waitin4ever, I guess things can change over time. Maybe you are the lucky one. 
Somehow I feel bad for being the middleman although my friend didn't really blame me...  :(

jumpcut: yeah my friend also mentioned about giving them 50% deposit too. Things went downhill afterwards.

Normally i try not to make any recommendations. But i feel bad i recommended these folks on
a public thread.

Like you said maybe i just got lucky.

hidden said:
Somehow I feel bad for being the middleman although my friend didn't really blame me...  :(

jumpcut: yeah my friend also mentioned about giving them 50% deposit too. Things went downhill afterwards.

waitin4ever: don't worry about it. You are just trying to be helpful. Actually me too.  ???

I did check the BBB about the company before recommending it to my friend. I believe that there may still be holes in that kind of ratings... oh my friend did mention that they may have changed names over the years because a different name appeared on different bills... oh well...

I'll just have to move on....

waitin4ever said:
Normally i try not to make any recommendations. But i feel bad i recommended these folks on
a public thread.

hidden said:

I just wanted to set things straight about Orange County Shutter. Yes it is true that we had a few communication issues with our phone system during our move into our new office/showroom, however customer service is of up most importance to us. We always take care of our customers and provide a very high end shutter at a very fair price. If there are any concerns of quality issues we take care of them in the fastest possible was. Our customers are very important to us and as a family owned business we always listen to the customer and always make every effort to make the experience with Orange County Shutters a nice and memorable one. I would love to know who the friend who felt the service was not so great is so I can do everything in my power to make sure that they do not feel that they were just a deposit and an order number. We always do anything possible to make every customer happy. Our customers are people just like we are and we treat every customer with the up most respect and really do care about the customer service and the product from start to finish. Rest assured that we are very professional and very personable and will do everything humanly possible to do our best for our customers. :-[
hidden said:
waitin4ever: don't worry about it. You are just trying to be helpful. Actually me too.  ???

I did check the BBB about the company before recommending it to my friend. I believe that there may still be holes in that kind of ratings... oh my friend did mention that they may have changed names over the years because a different name appeared on different bills... oh well...

I'll just have to move on....

waitin4ever said:
a public thread.

hidden said:

shokunin said:
We went with polywood based shutters from Home Depot Expot aka Sunburst shutters (who HD outsourced to).  I was leary of a synthetic material, but it has proven itself, no sagging, nor bent shutters, everything operates smoothly to this day.  It's also easy to clean and is resistant to moisture. 

+1 with the Sunburst Poly.

I used House of Blinds in Laguna Hills for 3 reasons:

1. Yelp reviews

2. Price

3. I was trying to match existing plantation shutters, and out of 4 companies, they were the only ones that matched.

I had a good experience overall and was impressed with their customer service. They didn't let me down, and I would use them again.

http://www.houseofblinds.us/

We used Orange County Shutters for our whole house. We found that the quality was the best compaired to the other companies we had come out and the price was almost half. We got the hidden tilt option that we absolutely love and I would highly recommend it. They were always on top of things with their customer service and I got my shutters when I was promissed, I think maybe even a little earlier. The installers were very professional and they did a great job. My brother has since also bought a house in Irvine and he used them as well and they didn't let us down! ;)

Orange County Shutters

We used Golden West shutters. They are wood shutters and extremely light weight. It has been two years since we got them and have no complaints.

Back