Pick UP Basketball or Soccer

motbot

New to the area. Looking to play soccer or basketball regularly. Any parks or gyms with regular games? Previous threads I have found were a couple of years ago.

Those old threads still pretty much hold true.

For outdoor pickup games:

1. Heritage Park off of Walnut and Yale has games at 8am on Saturdays and then Sunday and some weekday nights.

2. Woodbury Community Park, Settlers Park in Orchard Hills, Woodbridge Community Park and Quail Hill Community Park have games Mon-Thur (day depends on which park).

3. In Tustin Ranch, the Sports center off of Jamboree has regular games throughout the week.

motbot said:
New to the area. Looking to play soccer or basketball regularly. Any parks or gyms with regular games? Previous threads I have found were a couple of years ago.

I play at the Woodbury Town Center LA Fitness. There are basketball games going almost every evening from 4pm - 8pm (or even longer). I don't go much at other times, but I can say that in the evenings there is more of a problem of having to wait 2 games to play because 20+ people are there than times where it's a struggle to get a game going. Even if they are short on people they will often play 3s or 4s.

Do you know when they play at  Settlers Park and Quail Hill? Also, Heritage park on sundays

I'm trying to map out* recurring Irvine pick up games for basketball and soccer on this app (app is called SportsMap) and currently have about 7 weekly games in Irvine already

If you know any other regular activity please let me know so everyone can see it and make better decisions about when and where to play

Thanks!

Heritage Park is Sundays afternoon/evening.

Settlers is Tue/Thur last time I checked but they may be Mon/Wed too.

Same thing with Quail Hill.

ps9 said:
How does pick up soccer work?  Don't you need a mob to play?

I did a two week bus trip around mexico many years ago and 4-5 of the guys played soccer together in high school so we brought a couple nets and a ball with us and we would set 'em up and play at the beach. Inevitably some locals would challenge us to a match and gather them own team together.

When I was in Asia they'd pick team captains and then draft the available players for soccer.

Anyone wanna play ball at OH?  Shot around during the day and it's still dead  :mad:..

Attachments

• IMG_9810.JPG
    IMG_9810.JPG
    440 KB · Views: 360
I hear they are running games at Stonegate during the week... even though I'm semi-retired, I still hear about pick-up games from my expansive baller network.

bones said:
FARMMMMMIE said:
Anyone wanna play ball at OH?  Shot around during the day and it's still dead  :mad:..

Is this to show the empty bball court or the phat car in the background ;)

Came to post the same thing, but once I started reading reviews about it I got lost looking at all these car message boards.

Good Eye Bones!  Has little bones opened up to In N Out cheeseburgers yet?

Temp location change for Heritage Park on Saturday mornings:

Due to youth practice at Heritage Park on Saturday mornings, the regulars are playing across Yale off of Roosevelt at Orchard Park (not to be confused with the Orchard Hills area).

Back