Petition for NO cemetery today?

I'm all for building a monument here at the GP for the veterans.  Just think we can find more land away from schools and homes elsewhere for the cemetery. 

lol Nimbyism. The cemetery is not that close to PP at all. It is much closer to Portola HS. I bet all the HS students will be thrilled to have a cemetery that close by. Good make out place, Halloween parties and so on.

yaliu07 said:
oc_dreamer said:
There is a possible explanation for this huge difference in attitudes about veterans. In Communist China the military is used as a tool of oppression by a totalitarian state. For example, in 1989 Chinese soldiers did not hesitate to murder thousands of their fellow Chinese citizens in Tiananmen Square at the behest of the bloodthirsty Deng Xiaoping and his gang of thugs who rule the country. A similar outcome is possible with the current protests in Hong Kong. Everybody is wondering if the "People's Liberation Army" will be mobilized to suppress the demonstrations.

In the United State we have no similar experience because the military is controlled by our civilian government which is democratically elected. As a result, Americans have a different, friendlier view of veterans.

you misunderstand the point.  as PP resident, I dont want cemetery next to my house and that's include veteran cemetery. 

again, I support veteran and soldier.  but just dont build in my backyard.  since the bill is written by fullerton council member, let's vote to build the cemetery in fullerton.

Back