People Monitoring Intersections

kalbi

As of late, I've been seeing people at pretty much every intersection wearing green vests and holding what looks like a tablet in the North Irvine area.  Have you guys seen them? Just curious what they are doing.

saw them too...wasnt sure what they were doing.  felt like they were counting cars.  maybe trying to assess traffic patterns?

kalbi said:
As of late, I've been seeing people at pretty much every intersection wearing green vests and holding what looks like a tablet in the North Irvine area.  Have you guys seen them? Just curious what they are doing.
They are doing traffic count impact reports for upcoming proposed developments.

USCTrojanCPA said:
kalbi said:
They are doing traffic count impact reports for upcoming proposed developments.

Most likely this (although they're just called traffic counts and are part of the traffic impact analysis/environmental impact report), but it could also be for the city to update signal timing/coordination.

The Motor Court Company said:
to see whether TIC can double or triple the housing density in North Irvine.
Don't worry, if the numbers are too high they'll get one of those special "variance exceptions" approved by their friends at the city....errrr the city council.  Stack'em, rack'em, and pack'em.  ;)

Back