Pedestrian Bridge over Jeffrey Open Space Trail??

irvinehomeowner said:
SoCal said:
Shiver me timbers. It's an eyesore. They can - and should - have done better than that.
Suuure... if that was in Foothill Ranch it would be beautiful. :)

;) I think you know me better than that. If it was in F.R., you can bet I'd still say it's fugly... just like our Walmart parking lot.

Is that a hybrid bike BMC? Im 'looking for a hybrid bike to stroll around the beach and trails with.. any recommendations?

FARMMMMMIE said:
Is that a hybrid bike BMC? Im 'looking for a hybrid bike to stroll around the beach and trails with.. any recommendations?

it's called the BMC AlpenChallenge. i believe it is available at A Road Bike 4U

this is called a lifestyle bike and is good enough for easy trails (fire roads, bridle path, etc)

The bridge is done on Jeffrey/Irvine.. and it looks like we thought it would. 

I noticed white LED lights on the Irvine/Jeffrey side of the trail and the bridge vs. Yellow Lights on the Woodbury side.  I guess they will replace those eventually to LED.

JOST is a very nice new feature to walk/jog and bike safely without worrying about cars.  The open area on Encore and Jeffrey was very nicely done with two tunnels going under Jeffrey and Encore. 

Bought new bikes for myself and wife and a bike trailer for the baby on Black Friday weekend so we can ride up and down the Jeffrey Open Space Trail.  I think it's like 5-6 miles round trip.  See you guys around=).

Sounds great. Is there car parking place,before or around the trail?

Not comfortable riding the bike in main Portola steert to get to the trail with a young kid.

Sunnyirvine said:
Sounds great. Is there car parking place,before or around the trail?

Not comfortable riding the bike in main Portola steert to get to the trail with a young kid.

parking by Encore and Jeffrey in Stonegate is also a good starting point as it will allow you to ride/run/walk from end-to-end (as opposed to starting somewhere in the middle)

FARMMMMMIE said:
Know anywhere to get a good deal on a BMC like yours?  Is it light?  Need something to go up hills/roads.

the frame is aluminum so it is not as light as CF frames but it is good enough for leisure rides. it has a wide range of gears to help you get up hills (pedestrian bridges). not sure where to find a good deal but you can try that bike shop i mentioned previously. they might have a sale on 2014 models by now

test said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I think they look fine... and regardless, the function they provide is a big plus for that area.

Here is the one over Roosevelt (the others look similar):

w9bgn5.jpg

Photo of the bridge this week.  As you can see it (the bridge not the wall) still looks exactly the same.

2958zut.jpg

Is that ugly rusted metal bridge thing really the FINAL product or is TIC planning on enhancing it more?

AA said:
Is that ugly rusted metal bridge thing really the FINAL product or is TIC planning on enhancing it more?

Considering the City of Irvine is paying TIC in land for building the JOST, I'm sure TIC has every motivation to spend $500,000 and pretend they spent $5,000,000 so they justify the extra land they got at $1mm/acre.

Back