Pavilion Park Homeowners: Beware of Tom Gonzales (Landscaper)

scooter said:
I asked that our landscaper accept multple payments vs. one up front payment, to "somewhat" prevent something like this from happening, at least I wouldn't be out all of the money.

I pay only on completion of phases. Even then, I hold 10% at the end just so the contractor have incentive to get everything "done, done".

that's what we did as well.

eatthis said:
scooter said:
I asked that our landscaper accept multple payments vs. one up front payment, to "somewhat" prevent something like this from happening, at least I wouldn't be out all of the money.

I pay only on completion of phases. Even then, I hold 10% at the end just so the contractor have incentive to get everything "done, done".

The California Court Company said:
that's what we did as well.

eatthis said:
scooter said:

I just put my arm around the contractors and tell them I have your cell phone, your plates and I can easily find out where you  live, just do what you promised and we won't have any problems. Works every time.

qwerty said:
I just put my arm around the contractors and tell them I have your cell phone, your plates and I can easily find out where you  live, just do what you promised and we won't have any problems. Works every time.

Impossible.  Your wife is more threatening than you are, you big teddy bear, you.

gasman said:
qwerty said:

Impossible.  Your wife is more threatening than you are, you big teddy bear, you.

You forgot - he unleashes the dog(s).

gasman said:
Just a quick update on an old thread...I've learned this week that Tom (aka Coastal Lanscaping, aka New Season Landscaping) has recently abandoned a project in Pavilion Park.  I'm truly sorry that another homeowner had to fall victim to this guy's antics.

On a positive note, I also learned that this thread has prevented Tom for landing 2 new jobs in Cypress Village!  For the folks in CV, please watch out for this guy...he's bad news.

Goodness you have to much time on your hands...Are you stalking this poor man. I have met Tom and he completed my project and we are very happy. We got multiple quotes and we were most impressed by Tom's honesty (he was not the lowest bid).  He was referred to us by our friends that live in the area that are also very happy.  We did our research, saw the blogs and discuss these items with him. You should make sure what your posting is 100% correct otherwise you open up yourself to a lawsuit.  Defamation, internet slander, and Gasman you might add stalking to the list, If I were you I would be worried about a pending lawsuit.  Bottom Line is Tom Gonzales (Coastal Landscape) was a pleasure to work with and we will cont. to refer business his way. 

HappyWife said:
gasman said:
Just a quick update on an old thread...I've learned this week that Tom (aka Coastal Lanscaping, aka New Season Landscaping) has recently abandoned a project in Pavilion Park.  I'm truly sorry that another homeowner had to fall victim to this guy's antics.

On a positive note, I also learned that this thread has prevented Tom for landing 2 new jobs in Cypress Village!  For the folks in CV, please watch out for this guy...he's bad news.

Goodness you have to much time on your hands...Are you stalking this poor man. I have met Tom and he completed my project and we are very happy. We got multiple quotes and we were most impressed by Tom's honesty (he was not the lowest bid).  He was referred to us by our friends that live in the area that are also very happy.  We did our research, saw the blogs and discuss these items with him. You should make sure what your posting is 100% correct otherwise you open up yourself to a lawsuit.  Defamation, internet slander, and Gasman you might add stalking to the list, If I were you I would be worried about a pending lawsuit.  Bottom Line is Tom Gonzales (Coastal Landscape) was a pleasure to work with and we will cont. to refer business his way.

I see this is your first/only post on TI. Suspicious--maybe you're a legit and happy homeowner and customer of Tom, but I would take this post with a grain of salt.

HappyWife said:
We did our research, saw the blogs and discuss these items with him. 
Would you mind posting some pictures of your yard so we can see what a Tom Gonzales satisfied customer's landscape looks like?

Just because there is one happy customer doesn't mean there can't be one unhappy customer.

Exactly just because you have one unhappy customer doesn't mean you don't have happy customers. if you had read my post correctly I was referred and contacted serveral reference of prior happy clients that conducted business with this company. Honesty people you shouldn't throw stones it's not Christian like.  I don't have to justify or risk my privacy to prove anything. I basically decided to give my personal option after my experience. Nothing more nothing less. When hiring a contractor ask for references and to see there projects first hand. The proof is in the pudding not words in a blog by people that hide behind silly usernames. Have an amazing day God bless

So because there are several happy customers, there can't be one unhappy customer?  Have you not been introduced to Yelp yet?

Bones...I see you like to debate. Every business is going to have happy and unhappy customers its just the way it is. And yes I do know what Yelp is. It's comments made by people who have had dealings with companies first hand not a blog where people make comments on situation they are not involved in. Theirs always three sides to the story.

eyephone said:
gasman said:
qwerty said:

You forgot - he unleashes the dog(s).

Just to be clear, I only talked about Qwerty's dogs.  :)

HappyWife said:
Bones...I see you like to debate. Every business is going to have happy and unhappy customers its just the way it is. And yes I do know what Yelp is. It's comments made by people who have had dealings with companies first hand not a blog where people make comments on situation they are not involved in. Theirs always three sides to the story.
This is no different then yelp. Only difference is instead of posting the comment on yelp, gasman posted the comment here.  That's it...he is an unhappy customer and he has his right to make his own case. You are entitled your right as well. 

What I find suspicious is another customer trying to tell a fellow customer why they are wrong and how they should be worried about being sued. That just reeks of suspicion of someone with something to directly gain (i.e., you yourself are Tom or a family friend vs. a satisfied customer).

Bullsback said:
This is no different then yelp. Only difference is instead of posting the comment on yelp, gasman posted the comment here.  That's it...he is an unhappy
No offense to Bullsback but I have had much better luck with the reviews, advice, and suggestions I obtained here on TI than I ever had with Yelp.

you can be suspicious amd your entitled to voice it. I didn't come on here to argue. I gave my option and satisfaction nothing more nothing less.

I'm only posting facts.

Fact: Tom Gonzales has lost his license MULTIPLE times due to CSLB complaints.
Fact: Tom Gonzales used his daughter to obtain a license when he was no longer able to maintain his.
Fact: Tom Gonzales has a GROWING list of unhappy clients, and has been sued by multiple homeowners.
Fact: Tom Gonzales delivers poor quality of work, and has been reported multiple times to the City of Tustin/City of Irvine inspectors, and respective HOAs.

Now, if I were to start sharing my OPINION, here it is:  Tom is a pathological liar, and he has the mouth to make it work.  I'm not here to stalk anyone...the purpose of my post was to deliver a PSA on a neighborhood nuisance.  I don't care what hole Tom crawls under at night, but I DO care about my neighbors, and I DO care about preventing the same type of heartache and monetary damage that we suffered as a result of dealings with Tom.  I don't lose a single second of sleep at night, and have no desire to stalk this type of trash.  Also, defamation and slander would only apply if anything I claimed was false.  NOTHING that I've posted here about this situation is false, as I have evidence and records to back it up.

Here's another OPINION: people who are "happy" with his work simply don't know any better.  Ignorance is bliss...so enjoy your bliss.  Come back here in a couple years when all of your stuff is falling apart, and we'll see how "happy" you are then.

Thank you, resident TIers for staying objective, and for your support.  As I've said before...if I can prevent JUST ONE homeowner for making this mistake, then my work is done.  It appears that has been accomplished many times over, and it makes me  :) :D ;D >:D

Back