Pavalion Park land

IrvineBS

So what's the 411 on the land here?  Was it former agricultural?  Or part of the Maine base.

Saw a few open house here today. Liked them a lot but saw the $ sq. Ft here is higher then the rest of irvine. Can anyone chime in as to why?

Thanks

IrvineBS said:
So what's the 411 on the land here?  Was it former agricultural?  Or part of the Maine base.

Saw a few open house here today. Liked them a lot but saw the $ sq. Ft here is higher then the rest of irvine. Can anyone chime in as to why?

Thanks

former agriculture land. 

The neighborhood is actually pretty nice.  Lot's of character with no attached homes that were developed.  I actually find it odd that people would choose BP over PP resale but I guess distance to K-8 was key to them.  The homes in PP have a nice design to them.  Great curb appeal.

jmoney74 said:
IrvineBS said:

The neighborhood is actually pretty nice.  Lot's of character with no attached homes that were developed.  I actually find it odd that people would choose BP over PP resale but I guess distance to K-8 was key to them.  The homes in PP have a nice design to them.  Great curb appeal.
Mmmn!! Self Serving. :-X

IrvineBS said:
Self serving meaning? He probably lives there?

Lol indeed

But not like I have incentive for you to move here. Stating why the pp residents like it here

Oh forgot to add that I've notice a lot of them at wtf prices. I think Telstar was a good deal.

The space between neighbors and the overall privacy in PP are hard to find in any new Irvine builds.  Heck, even the older stuff.  I don't have a corner lot but my side yards are quite generous on both sides and of course you can't beat the lot size. 

That being said I'm still not a huge fan of all the drought tolerant landscaping and TIC neighborhood softscaping definitely beats 5P.  We think we have one of the best locations in all PP so when I sell it won't be cheap :). Maybe it'll make the WTF thread.

aquabliss said:
The space between neighbors and the overall privacy in PP are hard to find in any new Irvine builds.  Heck, even the older stuff.  I don't have a corner lot but my side yards are quite generous on both sides and of course you can't beat the lot size. 

That being said I'm still not a huge fan of all the drought tolerant landscaping and TIC neighborhood softscaping definitely beats 5P.  We think we have one of the best locations in all PP so when I sell it won't be cheap :). Maybe it'll make the WTF thread.

So IT IS old agricultural land? yes?

It was so refreshing driving around the neighborhood and seeing actual drive ways, no motor courts and an actual community feel.

IrvineBS said:
aquabliss said:

It was so refreshing driving around the neighborhood and seeing actual drive ways, no motor courts and an actual community feel.

Two builds have motor courts. Round tree but has own driveways. Birchtrail most have no driveways, some do.

IrvineBS said:
aquabliss said:

Yes definitely was farmland, here check out this link (but DON'T BLINK when you click it):
https://www.terraserver.com/view?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search_text=Pavilion+Park%2C+Irvine%2C+California+92618%2C+United+States&searchLat=33.696866&searchLng=-117.730196&lat=&lng=&bbox=&center=

This shows the land before the development was complete.  However within about 1 second of showing this, they overlay it with an updated image (for some reason). 

Google Maps satellite view used to show this as well but its since been updated and you can see PP mid construction.  My house sits on top of what looked like a strawberry field or some other vegetable.

aquabliss said:
IrvineBS said:
aquabliss said:

Yes definitely was farmland, here check out this link (but DON'T BLINK when you click it):
https://www.terraserver.com/view?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search_text=Pavilion+Park%2C+Irvine%2C+California+92618%2C+United+States&searchLat=33.696866&searchLng=-117.730196&lat=&lng=&bbox=&center=

This shows the land before the development was complete.  However within about 1 second of showing this, they overlay it with an updated image (for some reason). 

Google Maps satellite view used to show this as well but its since been updated and you can see PP mid construction.  My house sits on top of what looked like a strawberry field or some other vegetable.

you can click on the date range / thumbnail box on the left to go past 2014 and you'll see the various old architectural usage for the current pavilion park

there's plenty of motor courts in PP but they're nicely tucked away of sorts heh.

IrvineBS said:
Thanks for the response guys. really helpful.

We love PP. its so non TIC!

Which build were you looking at? 

Some of the pricing out here are really high though.

You are right on that. everything is pretty high. I'm seeing price drops across the board for over 1M. Just got an email saying they dropped Piedmont 50K

Whats the average sq/ ft in PP?

Saw this last weekend. Very Nice.https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/117-Port-92618/home/59050903
first time seeing the "next gen" units.

and of course:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/141-Yellow-Daisy-92618/home/104498915
WAY over priced and the whole "14" thing but other then that, beautiful home

I keep reading about a 2% increase in melloroos. Do you know what will this cap out at? Right now total prop tax is ~1.55%?

IrvineBS said:
You are right on that. everything is pretty high. I'm seeing price drops across the board for over 1M. Just got an email saying they dropped Piedmont 50K

Whats the average sq/ ft in PP?

Saw this last weekend. Very Nice.https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/117-Port-92618/home/59050903
first time seeing the "next gen" units.

and of course:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/141-Yellow-Daisy-92618/home/104498915
WAY over priced and the whole "14" thing but other then that, beautiful home

I keep reading about a 2% increase in melloroos. Do you know what will this cap out at? Right now total prop tax is ~1.55%?

the Port one seems like it's in range of what PP should be going for.  Is that one a true SFR?  Forgot if all the Taymo ones were detached condos or SFRs.. says SFR though.  The detached condo one that was slightly smaller on Telstar is pending.. I'm guessing near it's asking price for around 989K. 

Yellow Daisy is definitely too much. 

The 2% will go on for a long time.  They didn't say it will increase every year but it has in the last 2 years since inception of the neighborhood.  I think it was up to 30 years or something that they can do it. 

Both of these homes are overstating their square footage. 

Port is overstating quite a bit.  Actual square footage should be closer to 2,481.  They are stating 2,658:http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/2013/10/14/a-review-of-the-springhouse-tract-at-the-great-park/

Yellow Daisy should be 2,515 and they are stating 2,550.  This one could have reasonably be assessed as 2,550 but don't know what happened with Port.

*unless* there was a conservatory option here?  I don't remember that with Springhouse though.

aquabliss said:

Port is overstating quite a bit.  Actual square footage should be closer to 2,481.  They are stating 2,658:http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/2013/10/14/a-review-of-the-springhouse-tract-at-the-great-park/

Yellow Daisy should be 2,515 and they are stating 2,550.  This one could have reasonably be assessed as 2,550 but don't know what happened with Port.

*unless* there was a conservatory option here?  I don't remember that with Springhouse though.

I don't remember too but I guess there is that option (they may have removed it for later phases, which happens sometimes.

photo 11 shows the conservatory:https://ssl.cdn-redfin.com/photo/45/mbpaddedwide/996/genMid.OC16121996_10_0.jpg

which fills out the outdoor room in this standard floor plan:http://www.taylormorrison.com/~/med...lifornia/master plans/s/floorplans/fp3_f1.jpg

extra 170 sqft looks about right.

regardless, homes in PP seems to be priced on the high side a bit lately.. (not that I'm complaining if they manage to sell)

aquabliss said:

I remember my agent telling me there was an option to extend for the Springhouse homes.

The extension looks like it kind of changed the overall floorplan as well (made family room bigger, etc).  Actually looks like a nice conservatory (From the pictures) as I normally am not a fan of most builder's conservatory options.

I don't recall it ever being an option. Maybe it was only available on the springhouse's which were SFR's (vs. the detached condo's).  Or maybe they just didn't market it that clearly or maybe I just don't remember. 

I went to an HOA board meeting a few months back and a lady was making her case to convert her Springhouse CA room into a conservatory.  Could have been for this house I presume.  Oh and all the Springhouse homes are classified as detached condos.

Back