Pasadena & Aldentena area houses

There is no budget yet as we don't know where we will go yet >:D .    .

Coleman said:
You keep dodging the budget question so you must be humble.

Buy in the housing tract near the Langham and then send your kids to Poly.  Save about a half million to pay for their ivy league schooling.

The prosper

My daughter attends a top non Ivy school and as a parent I received update on the school admission. Early action accepted 900 students among 9,000 applicants. She was making phone calls to congratulate the students accepted early this week as a part of her school tradition. She called students from Fullerton, Santa Ana and Cypress but no Irvine. At her school 60% of the students came from private schools and has a 12% Asian population. Students from private schools have a higher chance at the top tier private colleges and school admissions prefer students from families that are already used to paying tuition.

irvinehomeshopper said:
My daughter attends a top non Ivy school and as a parent I received update on the school admission. Early action accepted 900 students among 9,000 applicants. She was making phone calls to congratulate the students accepted early this week as a part of her school tradition. She called students from Fullerton, Santa Ana and Cypress but no Irvine. At her school 60% of the students came from private schools and has a 12% Asian population. Students from private schools have a higher chance at the top tier private colleges and school admissions prefer students from families that are already used to paying tuition.

What school does your daughter attend? (You mentioned it before, but I think you deleted the post/topic)

irvinehomeshopper said:
At her school 60% of the students came from private schools and has a 12% Asian population. Students from private schools have a higher chance at the top tier private colleges and school admissions prefer students from families that are already used to paying tuition.
And that's why I said that if you are looking to go Ivy, a public school (Irvine or otherwise) isn't your best bet.

eyephone said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

What school does your daughter attend? (You mentioned it before, but I think you deleted the post/topic)

IHS claims his daughter was admitted to Harvard, but the offer was rescinded when they found out she got a C in Calculus BC in the first semester her senior year.  Of course, this was all before acceptances were sent out in April.  He was called out on this, so he posted an "acceptance" letter dated in February with a post-it saying "F*ck you".  He was called out again for a fake acceptance letter, as acceptances, whether early or regular, are never dated in February.  IHS then threw a hissy fit and deleted all of his posts, only to say his daughter is attending a "top" non-Ivy school which she is so happy to attend.  He then posted a bitter diatribe about how his daughter's frenemy transferred out of Irvine into Yorba Linda specifically to increase her chances of getting into Harvard, and it worked.  He also noted that some waiter's kid at his favorite Chinese restaurant also got in since they live in Santa Ana.  He now goads the rest of us, saying that the best our Irvine kids will do is Chapman and Cal State Fullerton. 

irvinehomeowner said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
At her school 60% of the students came from private schools and has a 12% Asian population. Students from private schools have a higher chance at the top tier private colleges and school admissions prefer students from families that are already used to paying tuition.
And that's why I said that if you are looking to go Ivy, a public school (Irvine or otherwise) isn't your best bet.
The new theory is: don't disclose that your Asian when applying to Ivy League schools.

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
The new theory is: don't disclose that your Asian when applying to Ivy League schools.

Won't matter.  It will be obvious at the time of interview.

When one hears of the grim reality the immediate response is denial. A defensive mechanism is to discredit the messenger who deliver the grim news so he or she could live in an illusion that there is still hope.

WTTCHMN said:
eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

Won't matter.  It will be obvious at the time of interview.

In a way, the admission process sounds like affirmative action. (Let's have a utopia of college students)

My opinion, do what you want, but federal grant money should not be rewarded to the school.

220px-Soulmanposter.jpg

I will just leave this here.

For strong candidates with exceptional aptitude colleges wanted to retain the yield of those students. Likely letters as well as early notifications ofcourse with A good grade disclaimer attached to it have been received by applicants.
http://theivycoach.com/the-ivy-coach-blog/tag/likely-letters/

My daughter was rejected and there is no purpose for me to brag. People fake diplomas and other accolades to pretend that they achieved something that did not earn and not the other way around to fake documents for rejection.  I am old school and I still draw with a pencil and I have no computer skill or computer literate in order to create fake documents or even possess articulate writing skill to even write a decent letter without grammatical mistakes. I often have to revise my post because of my spelling, grammar or syntax errors.

People who live in Irvine don't want the ghetto school IVY acceptance theory to be real.
People who live outside of Irvine want this to be true sooO much.

I think this theory is true, but that's because I don't live in Irvine.

Back