Parkview at Baker Ranch

My wife and I felt the same way. The floorplans were ok with us but the decorations were so out in left field we thought some of it was a joke. It's going to be a) very difficult to actually sell those models to someone or b) waste of money to re-finish them to a more "normal" level. Not to mention all the people that were probably off put from the sight of those models, i.e. lost sales. Ouch.

The Knolls were pretty well done in our opinion, relatively conservative. Brookland (townhomes) were the only models that offered a look at the base finishes (not too bad - granite, stainless, etc).

Of all the homes at BR, I believe it was the Cascade that we like the most both in layout and decoration.

Hello everyone and just wanted to say it is nice to find a resource on the housing options in the area.  Wish there was even more activity on these forums so I thought I'd do my part and create an account.

My first question is if anyone knows how quickly Parkview is selling at BR?  Are the prices going up for new phases, are they even into the new phases yet?

Not sure if pricing is going up.. i believe they said yes.  I know that it wasn't selling as fast as they had hoped.. got an email two weeks after release that phase 1 homes were still available. 

Plusses (of OH)
- Better upside ROI (any facts to support? I'll assume this is true)
- By the description sounds like bigger yard
- Location?? maybe
- Schools

Minuses (plusses for Parkview)
- Mello Roos
- Assuming higher HOA's
- I don't see pricing but I'm going to assume slightly more expensive for comprable layout

Just by nature I'm a "cheap" or rather frugal person, if I see two items that are very similar and one is lower cost I usually go for the lower cost.  Just how I'm wired.

I will definitely check out OH but I have a feeling it will cost an extra few thousand $'s per year for as long as I own it.

HumbleHome said:
Plusses (of OH)
- Location?? maybe
- Schools

- Mello Roos
- Assuming higher HOA's
- I don't see pricing but I'm going to assume slightly more expensive for comprable layout

Just by nature I'm a "cheap" or rather frugal person, if I see two items that are very similar and one is lower cost I usually go for the lower cost.  Just how I'm wired.

I will definitely check out OH but I have a feeling it will cost an extra few thousand $'s per year for as long as I own it.

If that's the case.. BR Parkview is better for you all around.  People don't like how BR is right next to the jail and industrial buildings.

jmoney74 said:
HumbleHome said:
Plusses (of OH)
- Location?? maybe
- Schools

- Mello Roos
- Assuming higher HOA's

If that's the case.. BR Parkview is better for you all around.  People don't like how BR is right next to the jail and industrial buildings.

Jmoney - hit the nail on the head. Next to jail and industrial. Are these potential factors when you sell the place? If you say yes - I wouldn't buy it.

I found the pricing, loft is about $15K extra and California room is about $15K extra.

The Parkview units that are closer to $700K look to be selling quickly but the ones closer to $800K have more availability.

Back