Parking

Shared driveways are like magnets for conflict.  Back when a buddy lived in Long Beach, his rental house was next to a shared driveway used by multiple units.  Somehow,  some way, someone always manage to block that single lane driveway (or fight over right of way) and cause a car horn war until the police arrived.

Liar Loan said:
HMart said:
I still don't understand why the original thread poster didn't speak to their literal next door neighbor.

I've heard the residents of Irvine sometimes aren't very neighborly.  People don't talk to each other, and the kids are too busy doing homework to play outside.  That must be where all these passive aggressive suggestions are coming from.  It's easy to assume the worst about a neighbor that you've never bothered to talk to.

I wonder if we can score the neighborhoods of Irvine by neighborly-ness? (and adjacent areas like Tustin Ranch, East Side Costa Mesa, Tustin Legacy, Lake Forest)

HMart said:
Liar Loan said:
HMart said:
I still don't understand why the original thread poster didn't speak to their literal next door neighbor.

I've heard the residents of Irvine sometimes aren't very neighborly.  People don't talk to each other, and the kids are too busy doing homework to play outside.  That must be where all these passive aggressive suggestions are coming from.  It's easy to assume the worst about a neighbor that you've never bothered to talk to.

I wonder if we can score the neighborhoods of Irvine by neighborly-ness? (and adjacent areas like Tustin Ranch, East Side Costa Mesa, Tustin Legacy, Lake Forest)

too broad of a scope

Cops should be doing this. (Bait operations) Instead of issuing residential parking citations.https://youtu.be/tufnWwV2J5I

If a person steals a bike, that person most likely steal a package or will break into a house.

SoCal said:
eyephone said:
Let's be honest does a car that is parked for over three days a threat to the city or residence? (maybe if your story was an Rv was park there for days and people were coming and going. A person might assume they might be dealing drugs or might be prostitution. But that's not the story.)

So maybe it's their fault responding to your complaint. Who knows! Lol  ;)

You want us to be "honest". Okay... What kind of snide response is that? You can't be serious.

An abandoned vehicle absolutely could be a problem. You must use your best judgement. Anytime a person feels something is up, it's best to go with your gut, do your part, and let the police do their job.

An abandoned vehicle could be involved in illegal activity and dumped there. The one I called about sat there for days. Accident damage. Busted tail light held together with masking tape. Weathered paint. Covered in leaves, dust and debris. Older model vehicle, not the normal thing you would see around the neighborhood. No owner in sight. Wasn't even sure it was running. Absolutely fit the definition of an abandoned vehicle. I have zero regrets about calling. Would do it again in a heartbeat. Would recommend others call if they see any red flags, too.

Since then, I discovered it belongs to a pack rat half a block away who uses the free curb in front of my house as their personal dumping ground. If they intend to make their garbage a permanent fixture in front of someone else's home, they should expect it to be treated as such. Don't like it? Too bad. I don't like inconsiderate neighbors.

There was a resident nearby a few days ago who received a knock at her door from a man asking for jumper cables. Something just didn't sit right with her. She called the cops. Jumper cables wouldn't have helped. The engine was disabled by OnStar. It turned out the car was stolen. Good thing she was proactive. K-9 units and officers with guns drawn were surrounding the vehicle within minutes.
maybe if your story was an Rv was park there for days and people were coming and going. A person might assume they might be dealing drugs or might be prostitution. But that's not the story.
You don't have to step in manure to know it's manure.

eyephone said:
Cops should be doing this. (Bait operations) Instead of issuing residential parking citations.

True. Hard to argue with that. I do love a good sting operation.

Back