Parasol Park

irvinehomeshopper said:
Trellis or Carlisle is the best deal for your money. Many bought at Trellis and just walk or bike over to the Greatpark to use the fantastic facilities paid for by others. One year ago, I predicted and hinted to all of you that Trellis Court will be the one to pay attention to. If you are planning to ride a bike from CVE I suggest you get either an orange or mint green bike. However, only the Greatpark residents have VIP invitations to numerous cool events. The folks at Fivepoint really know how to throw a great party and many more exclusive events are in the work. Sorry CVE residents, the Water park will be the coolest of them all and that requires a fob key for access.

A post without you talking about CSUF for a change.  ;)

Prototype said:
vh5150 said:
Actually considering either Jade at PP (Harmony X) or Trellis Court at CV (Residence 3 or 4) now. Jade is 3 bedroom but ~2200 sq feet, Trellis is similar but 4 bedroom. Mello is a lot higher in PP than CV though.

I like the idea of the rooftop deck and loft. What would you guys choose assuming very similar prices after possible incentives?

Hey bud! They're both absolutely beautiful homes! Did you also check out Somerset at Parasol Park? Similar floor plans to Jade but more seems to be "included" in the cost with the Lennar home. 

There's a few folks on the board (including myself) that went with CVE due to the lower MR. Good luck with the search!

Yeah, the Somerset ones are really nice. They were a little out of my price point though. Looks like we are going to put a deposit on Jade soon. Hope everything works out.

It was a close one between the Jade - Harmony X vs Trellis Court Plan 3, but Jade is offering much better incentives at the moment for us. We also get to pick a very good lot location at the very corner and potentially avoid a double move.

SoclosetoIrvine said:
vh5150 said:
Actually considering either Jade at PP (Harmony X) or Trellis Court at CV (Residence 3 or 4) now. Jade is 3 bedroom but ~2200 sq feet, Trellis is similar but 4 bedroom. Mello is a lot higher in PP than CV though.

I like the idea of the rooftop deck and loft. What would you guys choose assuming very similar prices after possible incentives?

Cost aside, I personally love the rooftop deck and loft.  It's always been a kind of dream house for me.  But of course, cost included, Trellis is definitely more affordable.  Trellis floor plans are great but I don't think I liked the courtyard style, so I would go PP between the two

Me too! The selling point is the rooftop deck and loft, especially with a great location. With the phase 1 versions being available again, we can actually pick a lot that overlooks the entire Greatpark and the home is scheduled for completion in May/June.

GaryIrvine said:
noMoneyBackin2011 said:
where exactly can i find PP?  I'm planning to sign up for Rowland this weekend, but I wanted to look at PP before I do just in case.

Check out Celadon by William Lyon at PP.  Better floorplans than Rowland and some plans have decks on the roof.

Took a look at Celadon this weekend.  Loved the 4th bedroom and patio in Plan 3, but didn't like the overall floor plan.  I went with rowland instead because of the simply superior common space and smaller bedrooms.

Celadon Pros:
- love the 4th bedroom, would be great for renters
- Patio is simply excellent
- If you have the $$$, roof top deck is awesome.
- Wide stairs is impressive!
- Seafoam green elephant logo = best logo

Celdaon Cons:
+ Not enough space allocated to common areas, kitchen living room area lack dining room space
+ What the hell were thinking with the AC unit?  It blows like a jet engine right next to the bedrooms!
+ Too few items come standard...seriously....optional refrigerator at the 750K price-point???

I had forgotten how little comes "standard" in many homes these days...  We did the math on upgrades we would have needed with other builders/models  and it was overwhelming... Like I posted above, we ended up with Lennar and I am sure they make up the $$ anyway on pricing.. but we got some incentives so I wont complain too much.

noMoneyBackin2011 said:
+ Too few items come standard...seriously....optional refrigerator at the 750K price-point???

I only have experience with stonegate, but I don't think any of the Irvine new home builds come with refrigerators, unless someone can chime in

ParasolParker said:
I had forgotten how little comes "standard" in many homes these days...  We did the math on upgrades we would have needed with other builders/models  and it was overwhelming... Like I posted above, we ended up with Lennar and I am sure they make up the $$ anyway on pricing.. but we got some incentives so I wont complain too much.

I will definitely say.  From my experience with Irvine pacific (SG) and shea homes (baker ranch) Lennar is definitely one of the best at giving good "standard options" many of which would be upgrades at other sites.  I was looking at Central park west and those standard options really made it an appealing offer, though proximity to the 405/santa ana high was the deal killer

SoclosetoIrvine said:
noMoneyBackin2011 said:

I only have experience with stonegate, but I don't think any of the Irvine new home builds come with refrigerators, unless someone can chime in

ParasolParker said:

I will definitely say.  From my experience with Irvine pacific (SG) and shea homes (baker ranch) Lennar is definitely one of the best at giving good "standard options" many of which would be upgrades at other sites.  I was looking at Central park west and those standard options really made it an appealing offer, though proximity to the 405/santa ana high was the deal killer

at willow (KB homes), all appliances were standard.  Rowland (lennar) also includes all as standard.  Never thought about checking others because I didn't take the others seriously enough.

I get there are two ways to look at it - if you are spending 750K on a home, you can spend 3K for a fridge...but the same argument could be set the other way: you are already spending 750K on a home, why does it not come with a fridge!??!

It seems a few families have started moving in the last few weeks.. any news or reports to share?  We are closing this month.. so getting down to the wire!

ParasolParker said:
It seems a few families have started moving in the last few weeks.. any news or reports to share?  We are closing this month.. so getting down to the wire!

By looking at your screen name, I had the impression you were selling homes at Parsol Park. But I guess you bought at Parsol Park.

Nah.. im just a lurker that found this site while researching properties / areas of Irvine.. renter turning homeowner ...

crap how do I delete a comment? I duplicated by mistake!

eyephone said:
ParasolParker said:

By looking at your screen name, I had the impression you were selling homes at Parsol Park. But I guess you bought at Parsol Park.

Nah.. im just a lurker that found this site while researching properties / areas of Irvine.. renter turning homeowner ...

ParasolParker said:
eyephone said:
ParasolParker said:

Did you move in yet? How do you like it so far? Seems Lennar is further along than some of the other builders in PP. Which Lennar property did you end up going for?

vh5150 said:
Did you move in yet? How do you like it so far? Seems Lennar is further along than some of the other builders in PP. Which Lennar property did you end up going for?

We went with Lanterns, but haven't moved in yet.  It seems a few folks have been moving to Lanterns and Somersets, so it does seem Lennar is a bit farther ahead than other builders.

ParasolParker said:
vh5150 said:

We went with Lanterns, but haven't moved in yet.  It seems a few folks have been moving to Lanterns and Somersets, so it does seem Lennar is a bit farther ahead than other builders.

Congrats on the purchase!! I really liked the Lanterns floor plans, also.  The huge backyard on the plan 3 model was awesome! Can't wait until there's some retail over there.

YellowFever said:
What's so special about Parasol Park? It comes with TCE/PCB/VOCs and an impending cemetery to go along with the ice rink.

Did you check out the newly released doomsday bunker collection? It's all the rage!

Prototype said:
Congrats on the purchase!! I really liked the Lanterns floor plans, also.  The huge backyard on the plan 3 model was awesome! Can't wait until there's some retail over there.

Can't wait to move in.. I really like the vibe of the community.. even with the impending threat of cancer I still love the area lol

Congratulation PPker. I wish I could disclose all the fabulous things about to happen just south of your home. You made a good choice. In less than 10 years you will be thrilled.

Back