Parasol Park

Aren't they all engineered with slopes and drains just like a back yard?  Not sure what the big looming problems are going to be.

jmoney74 said:
For the condos two combined hoas for almost 500. The nicest one was the lennar sfrs (I think they are)  going for 1M plus.  One HOA at 189. Three stories though. Lots of included features like accordion doors and built in monogram fridges. 9k MRs on the biggest plan going for 1.16
I am a big fan of Lennar's all included pricing. Not always a fan of their floorplans, etc, but I in general wish more builders gave you a house that came more customized to start...clearly you can stlil add upgrades from there, but at least give something vs. absolutely nothing. 

Bullsback said:
jmoney74 said:
For the condos two combined hoas for almost 500. The nicest one was the lennar sfrs (I think they are)  going for 1M plus.  One HOA at 189. Three stories though. Lots of included features like accordion doors and built in monogram fridges. 9k MRs on the biggest plan going for 1.16
I am a big fan of Lennar's all included pricing. Not always a fan of their floorplans, etc, but I in general wish more builders gave you a house that came more customized to start...clearly you can stlil add upgrades from there, but at least give something vs. absolutely nothing.

Cal Atlantic doesn't do the all included thing but they do preplot with some things (Big slider doors to the Cali room, recessed lights) and they include a generous upgrade allowance so you can pick some things that you'd like to add.

Bullsback said:
jmoney74 said:

Agreed, but it's very cookie cutter. We bought a townhouse from Lennar years ago that came "Everything's Included." The cabinets and granite were nice conservative choices, and all of it was included in the listed price. I think the only upgrade expense was flooring.

The negative aspect of EI is all of your neighbors' houses look nearly exactly like yours. At least when we bought, you could not upgrade/change most of the EI items. There were no cabinet or counter changes that could be made, at least from the builder pre-closing.

IMG_5586_zps6r51fds4.jpg

For those interested how water is drained for a flat roof. The roof is actually pitched behind the parapet. The downspout is mounted outside so you can see if it is not working. Builders never buried it inside the wall. The leader box is the funnel at the top of the downspout to collect the water exiting a rectangular hole at the side of the parapet wall. There is no drain at the middle of the roof like a shower pan. Clogging is extremely rare for a side mounted hole. The hole is about 5" wide and 3-1/2 " high positioned at the lowest point of the roof. Things like a tennis ball, banana peel or leaves do not block the flow of water. The only scenario I could see is someone intentionally put a brick next to it but that only slow the water flow but not completely sealing off the hole. This hole is called scupper. There are several scuppers spaced along the lowest points of a single roof. If the downspout is clogged with dead leaves water will overspill at the leader head when the water exit from the scupper. It's almost impossible for all of the scuppers to be blocked at the same time. Next to each scupper is another rectangular hole of the same size positioned at 1-1/2" to 2" above the lowest point. This overflow will never have water spouting out unless all the scuppers are clogged.

IHS is correct.  The problem I heard is that some due to the rains, some roofs (appear flat but are slanted behind the wall) "parapet" had some slight damage that the tar did not cover hence some leaks.  Where as a regular roof has shingles and would be hard for water to get under the shingles plus waterproofed roofing as well. 

The newer builds in Parasol Park have an addtional color matched roofing membrane to cover the ugly cement look of the previous roofs of Beacon Park.

irvinehomeshopper said:
IMG_5586_zps6r51fds4.jpg

For those interested how water is drained for a flat roof. The roof is actually pitched behind the parapet. The downspout is mounted outside so you can see if it is not working. Builders never buried it inside the wall. The leader box is the funnel at the top of the downspout to collect the water exiting a rectangular hole at the side of the parapet wall. There is no drain at the middle of the roof like a shower pan. Clogging is extremely rare for a side mounted hole. The hole is about 5" wide and 3-1/2 " high positioned at the lowest point of the roof. Things like a tennis ball, banana peel or leaves do not block the flow of water. The only scenario I could see is someone intentionally put a brick next to it but that only slow the water flow but not completely sealing off the hole. This hole is called scupper. There are several scuppers spaced along the lowest points of a single roof. If the downspout is clogged with dead leaves water will overspill at the leader head when the water exit from the scupper. It's almost impossible for all of the scuppers to be blocked at the same time. Next to each scupper is another rectangular hole of the same size positioned at 1-1/2" to 2" above the lowest point. This overflow will never have water spouting out unless all the scuppers are clogged.

This thread has been really quiet... It seems the first units at Parasol Park closed.. saw some folks moving in to the area... any news? any insight? anything? how are the houses selling?

In 20 years, an owner is going to tear down one of those modern style homes and rebuild and someone will post a thread titled "Mediterranean style home in Parasol Park!!".

It seems the modern look doesn't fly for some... I personally like it.. i think its a different look that may not work for some but its fresh and modern, as long as there are others that like it long term there will always be a resell value to these...

irvinehomeowner said:
In 20 years, an owner is going to tear down one of those modern style homes and rebuild and someone will post a thread titled "Mediterranean style home in Parasol Park!!".
Parasol Park doesn't look bad but it does look a lot like the apartment buildings in the Irvine Business Complex (Avalon, Residences at Jamboree, etc.) much more than mid-century modern.

noMoneyBackin2011 said:
where exactly can i find PP?  I'm planning to sign up for Rowland this weekend, but I wanted to look at PP before I do just in case.

Check out Celadon by William Lyon at PP.  Better floorplans than Rowland and some plans have decks on the roof.

We went with Lennar at PP mostly because of the finishes being included.. but "included" is a relative term, they are baked into the price anyway...

Actually considering either Jade at PP (Harmony X) or Trellis Court at CV (Residence 3 or 4) now. Jade is 3 bedroom but ~2200 sq feet, Trellis is similar but 4 bedroom. Mello is a lot higher in PP than CV though.

I like the idea of the rooftop deck and loft. What would you guys choose assuming very similar prices after possible incentives?

vh5150 said:
Actually considering either Jade at PP (Harmony X) or Trellis Court at CV (Residence 3 or 4) now. Jade is 3 bedroom but ~2200 sq feet, Trellis is similar but 4 bedroom. Mello is a lot higher in PP than CV though.

I like the idea of the rooftop deck and loft. What would you guys choose assuming very similar prices after possible incentives?

Hey bud! They're both absolutely beautiful homes! Did you also check out Somerset at Parasol Park? Similar floor plans to Jade but more seems to be "included" in the cost with the Lennar home. 

There's a few folks on the board (including myself) that went with CVE due to the lower MR. Good luck with the search!

vh5150 said:

Cost aside, I personally love the rooftop deck and loft.  It's always been a kind of dream house for me.  But of course, cost included, Trellis is definitely more affordable.  Trellis floor plans are great but I don't think I liked the courtyard style, so I would go PP between the two

Trellis or Carlisle is the best deal for your money. Many bought at Trellis and just walk or bike over to the Greatpark to use the fantastic facilities paid for by others. One year ago, I predicted and hinted to all of you that Trellis Court will be the one to pay attention to. If you are planning to ride a bike from CVE I suggest you get either an orange or mint green bike. However, only the Greatpark residents have VIP invitations to numerous cool events. The folks at Fivepoint really know how to throw a great party and many more exclusive events are in the work. Sorry CVE residents, the Water park will be the coolest of them all and that requires a fob key for access.

Back