Parasol Park

Sheesh.. the MRs have gone up since the PP days.  Plus.. that HOA will be on the high side.  THere was probably a good month or two it went low.. then shot up over the amount that they forecasted. 

This is Phase 1 and only a handful is sold with move in date next month?  Very slow sales pace along with Obsidian.  Not good.

btw, why is 3 story so popular in Parasol Park?  It seems like most of the builds has a 3 story plan.  Did they perform market research and found out 3 story homes suddenly are in high demand?

I thought not many people likes 3 stories?? hmm.

Goriot said:
btw, why is 3 story so popular in Parasol Park?  It seems like most of the builds has a 3 story plan.  Did they perform market research and found out 3 story homes suddenly are in high demand?

I think they're forcing this type of demand on buyers as residential land is limited, much like buyers did not want small tiny lots, motorcourts, 2 car garage for a 3k+ house, etc over the past decade

Selling it to hip, trendy and well to do millenials?  Or people from overseas are used to this type of design? 

Grandpa moneybags does not look kindly to funding tri-level purchases. 

Even houses with one or two steps from the main floor are tripping hazards for the old.

Goriot said:

Pringles*

*IHS theory, thus... IHS product.

Goriot said:

If they make it a great product, then why not?

Viewing the Parasol Park offerings for the first time, and my impression is the neighborhood should be named Lego Park. Every home is square. I kinda like the exteriors, but will most buyers? This is very different for Irvine.

http://www.greatparkneighborhoods.com/neighborhoods/parasol-park?infinity=ict2~net~gaw~ar~157289373312~kw~irvine%20parasol%20park~mt~b~cmp~Great%20Park%20Neighborhoods%20-%20Brand%20%5BSearch%5D~ag~Parasol%20Park&gclid=CjwKEAiAqozEBRDJrPem0fPKtX0SJAD5sAyH0ZKQUIdD171DAkgQVPM064ZZQAHaBxBxJZM3vDGnAxoCsHDw_wcB

On the contrary, Parasol Park does look like a part of Irvine - the University of California Irvine.  The artists renderings of Parasol Park look like public college residence halls (e.g. dorms on west side of Bonita Canyon).

For the condos two combined hoas for almost 500. The nicest one was the lennar sfrs (I think they are)  going for 1M plus.  One HOA at 189. Three stories though. Lots of included features like accordion doors and built in monogram fridges. 9k MRs on the biggest plan going for 1.16

Can't wait to see how these builders with the semi-flat roofs handle the past rains.  I had a restoration guy come out and he said no doubt, all these flat roof homes will have some issue at some point.  It is always nice to have a rooftop deck but you deal with things like this when you have a mid-century type home with a flat roof.

Back