Parasol Park vs Baker Ranch

Resale ability in BR on the high end homes seems not to be that good, turnover is low and homes  at the $1M+  price  point just seem to linger endlessly in BR.  You could always make the argument that buyers  are choosing all the new products  instead, but  you could make the same argument about Irvine, where homes from $1M-$1.5M aren't on the market nearly as long as these BR resales.

Here's a few examples:
90 Days:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Lake-Forest/12-Snowberry-92610/home/58554302
94 Days:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Lake-Forest/36-Dogwood-92610/home/58554275
181 Days:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Lake-Forest/24-Dogwood-92610/home/58554277
182 Days:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Lake-Forest/24-Windflower-92610/home/58554188

emf1315 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
I thought IUSD has a strict intradistrict transfer policy transferring into a IUSD. (nearly impossible)
So there is an exception?

There may be exceptions for IUSD employees.

Precisely.  Our kids go to IUSD as long as we are employed by the district.

If you are good with the location of BAker ranch.. go for it.  Just not that convenient for most.  I don't see it appreciating that much in long term if that's your goal as well. 

emf1315 said:
lnc said:
Having an oppertunaty that your kids can attending IUSD school without the requirement of buying an expensive Irvine home and paying that ridiculously high MR, that is almost as good as winning a lottery.

Are you sure you really want to buy a home in Irvine?  :)

Yup! We struck education gold!  Actually, the only reason for us to purchase in Irvine is for resale (IF we even decide to sell again - we want to purchase a permanent home at this point in our lives) and proximity to work.
My wife and I are in the same exact boat as she teaches in Irvine.  We have been deciding for months but today we put our money in PP.  Some of our reasons are
1 if she ever left Irvine we are still in the school district
2 saddleback school district is not in a good position
3 distance to work (we now commute 38 miles each way, even though baker ranch is only 5 miles further you hit a LOT of lights)
4 we spent about an hour or so around the PP and BP area and went to the parks and blown away by the facilities and the nice diverse people
5 because of all the aforementioned reason the resell is and will be a lot better
6 is just felt right to us
7 it is very modern and built to spend time outside
already mentioned but my wifes reason were resell and distance.

You'll appreciate El Toro HS in a few years as it is going through a great revitalization. You just need to promise your family to organize the community to hold SVUSD accountable to supporting the need for a local K-8 for Baker and Foothill students and keeping the teachers from fleeing to IUSD and Newport Mesa after they gain experience. Maybe the new superintendent will have a different perspective since her husband is familiar with the Foothill Ranch area.

SoclosetoIrvine said:
I'm obviously biased lol but I pick baker ranch for saving $5k a year for MR since you don't need irvine zip code. We have lots of amenities here compared to most new irvine builds (club house/jr Olympic pools/parks) like Eastwood/stonegate but less than some products like parasol or great park etc but you get what you pay for

I walked into the landing and really liked it the 4 bedroom. Or you can be my neighbor at the knolls.  69 clover is for sale now and knolls location is better than landing in my opinion. On sale for 828k now with good upgrades (no need for sales center), maybe shoot them a 820k offer and see if they bite

Good luck

Good points.

Assuming that school, amenities and all those factors are irrelevant, the question to ask is if PP home appreciation will be 5k+ more than BR home in 1 year, or 30k more than the BR home and so on.

For me, IUSD and amenities alone are worth upto 10k a year. So, GP home was a no brainer, even if GP lags behind BR on appreciation.

Having lived outside of Irvine a few times (what?!?), I found myself still spending most of my time in Irvine so it just made sense to live there.

Basically, I couldn't find any consistent pick-up basketball games outside of Irvine. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
Having lived outside of Irvine a few times (what?!?), I found myself still spending most of my time in Irvine so it just made sense to live there.

Basically, I couldn't find any consistent pick-up basketball games outside of Irvine. :)

Are you joking?

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Are you joking?

Stay in your lane.

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Are you joking?

Stay in your lane.

I know many places where to play ball not in Irvine. Get out and explore!

Do you use the bike LANE or the side walk when you ride?

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Are you joking?

Stay in your lane.

I know many places where to play ball not in Irvine. Get out and explore!

Do you even ball?

Do you use the bike LANE or the side walk when you ride?

Do you even bike?

Back