Palo Alto in Stonegate by KB

Finally visited these:

Plan 1:  $1,245,485 Lot 38
Plan 2:  $1,300,541 Lot 6
Plan 3:  $1,361,615 Lot 13

Price effective :  1/28/16

Help me settle a debate with my friend interested in Palo Alto.

He's set on Plan 1. Lot size he wants is ok but sandwiched between two homes and has homes on the opposite side of him as well.

There is a plan 3 available with a super huge lot. I think the backyard is 90ft long and backs up to a hillside, thus no neighbors on the back end. In fact, there will only be one neighbor to the right of the home. Plan 3 is larger than Plan 1 and has an option to pimp out the downstairs living/dining area. Main beef he has is the loft, which doesn't have good wall space for a TV.

I might be biased but larger lot size, larger home, and lot location should lead to better resale value, no?

Irvine Inhabitant said:

He's set on Plan 1. Lot size he wants is ok but sandwiched between two homes and has homes on the opposite side of him as well.

There is a plan 3 available with a super huge lot. I think the backyard is 90ft long and backs up to a hillside, thus no neighbors on the back end. In fact, there will only be one neighbor to the right of the home. Plan 3 is larger than Plan 1 and has an option to pimp out the downstairs living/dining area. Main beef he has is the loft, which doesn't have good wall space for a TV.

I might be biased but larger lot size, larger home, and lot location should lead to better resale value, no?
[/quote

im not familiar with these homes, however my only comment is that everyone has their own preference.  Since he will be living there, nothing is as important as his preference...

Irvine Inhabitant said:

Just curious how much that plan 3 with the big lot it?

Irvine Inhabitant said:

You are absolutely right.  Larger lot is a rare thing among newer builds and especially rare for a TIC developed community. That plan 3 with both a large lot and no neighbor behind is definitely a winner. 

Part of the difference is cost. I like Palo Alto plan 1, I also like the plan 3. With rare exception, the plan 1 lots are bad.  How much is the premium on the plan 3. It could also just be a matter of affordability too.  I presume the one that has the big lot has the hill behind it and than its Portola? 

They must be chugging along.  Was there maybe a month ago and none of those lots were for sale 

Pricing as of 3/22/16:
1,245,790 lot 33
1,265,410 lot 29
1,339,005 lot 35

I agree with most of you - plan 3 is beautiful. They still have a lot of homes available. Many with May & August move ins. Prices may have peaked. Looks like Plan 2/3 had about a 3% drop since Jan

Those prices all include at least some structural upgrades (~15-$20K).  Have had a hard time moving them. I believe some phase 1 homes are still technically available.  I presume at some point they will cut prices a bit. 

aquabliss said:
Palo Alto Plan 3 model home is $1.475.  https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/51-Bainbridge-92620/home/105197404

I must be getting jaded cuz this actually doesn't sound too bad.  Single Loaded Street, right in front of the park, landscaping is done, nice upgrades inside.  Hmmmmm.

Sounds like a pretty good deal for a model home right infront of JOST.  Why are they selling off the model 3 already?  Are they going to halt building? They still had a lot of lots left.

abosch00 said:
aquabliss said:
Palo Alto Plan 3 model home is $1.475.  https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/51-Bainbridge-92620/home/105197404

I must be getting jaded cuz this actually doesn't sound too bad.  Single Loaded Street, right in front of the park, landscaping is done, nice upgrades inside.  Hmmmmm.

I don't think $1.475 is for the model, just the starting price for a plan3.

I just called the sales office, they are not selling the model, the address 51 Braintree she said was the parking lot.

Are they officially stopping construction?  I don't know why they would be selling a home on the parking lot when they are still only like 1/5th of the way done with the project (I don't even think they have finished selling two cul de sac streets yet on the project (last time I was by, they still had some available homes from the first phase). 

Bullsback said:
Are they officially stopping construction?  I don't know why they would be selling a home on the parking lot when they are still only like 1/5th of the way done with the project (I don't even think they have finished selling two cul de sac streets yet on the project (last time I was by, they still had some available homes from the first phase).

I don't think so.  She seemed to have no idea whats on redfin and didn't really comment on it.  Just kept saying that they are selling lots, plan1s on Hearst

I know it's not uncommon to show pictures of the model home when selling throughout the community but the verbiage they use in the description is quite deceiving:

This elegant Palo Alto Residence Three model by KB Home is a spacious 4 bedroom home with a large open floor plan, 10 ft high ceilings, downstairs bedroom with full bath attached, and large walk in closets.

aquabliss said:
I know it's not uncommon to show pictures of the model home when selling throughout the community but the verbiage they use in the description is quite deceiving:

This elegant Palo Alto Residence Three model by KB Home is a spacious 4 bedroom home with a large open floor plan, 10 ft high ceilings, downstairs bedroom with full bath attached, and large walk in closets.

Hey Ronnie. Quit stalking Palo Alto homes. You can't leave PP before commenting on how ugly you think the bridge is :)

bones said:
aquabliss said:

Hey Ronnie. Quit stalking Palo Alto homes. You can't leave PP before commenting on how ugly you think the bridge is :)

You beat me to it.  I'm trying to reserve judgement until it's complete but it's not getting any prettier. 

I'm kinda bummed this listing wasn't for the model home - I would have been super tempted to go put down a deposit.

Has anyone heard any feedback on this community from the initial homebuyers or local RE agents?  I am specifically seeking feedback on (i) quality of the KB home build and (ii) general impressions of the location (edge of Stonegate near to JOST and relatively close to Portola Parkway).  Thanks. 

Back