Pacific American Tile

Anteater Bruin

All,

There is a tile I love at the Design Center, but we would like to go with an outside contractor. I tried emailing the company (Pacific American) to ask where I could get the tile. Made the mistake of saying I saw it at the Design Center and they said that's one of their best accounts and we should just go with them.

Oops.

I keep reading about how Venetian can get any wood you see at the Design Center. Do you know of any such company for tiles?

Did you look on the back of the tile?

We wanted to redo tile backsplashes and had so much trouble finding a reliable tile person we finally gave up looking. We'll revisit that project after we finish our landscaping but if I had known it would be such an issue getting a tile setter, I probably would have just let the builder do it.

C'mon use some of that UCLA intuition.  Just email them from a different address and say you were at a friends house and you saw some tile you liked and they told you it was manufactured by Pacific American Tile but the shop he got it at went out of business. 

You were wondering if they could give you another dealers information in the SoCal area so you could purchase some for a kitchen remodel you're planning.

Where do you plan to put the tile? I suggest going with the builder if it is a small area (bathroom floor/shower/tub or kitchen backsplash).

I'm not familiar with Pacific American but from my pass experience, most of these tile company don't make the tile themselves and just are just selling the tile from various manufactures and you might be able to find the same tile from another store.

Here's list of several tile stores I've check out during my tile hunting days that might have the tile you are looking for. 
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,11551.msg226038.html#msg226038

Also if you know the exact name of the tile and the brand, you might able to purchase online too.

aquabliss said:
C'mon use some of that UCLA intuition.  Just email them from a different address and say you were at a friends house and you saw some tile you liked and they told you it was manufactured by Pacific American Tile but the shop he got it at went out of business. 

You were wondering if they could give you another dealers information in the SoCal area so you could purchase some for a kitchen remodel you're planning.

Ha! That's hilarious. I actually thought of that (the bruin in me did) but felt dishonest. Didn't rule it out but ended up finding the tile myself. Also the Bruin in me. :)

lnc said:
I'm not familiar with Pacific American but from my pass experience, most of these tile company don't make the tile themselves and just are just selling the tile from various manufactures and you might be able to find the same tile from another store.

Here's list of several tile stores I've check out during my tile hunting days that might have the tile you are looking for. 
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,11551.msg226038.html#msg226038

Also if you know the exact name of the tile and the brand, you might able to purchase online too.

Thank you so much!! I found it! Do you recommend specific contractors? Time to get estimates.

ChasingRainbows said:
Where do you plan to put the tile? I suggest going with the builder if it is a small area (bathroom floor/shower/tub or kitchen backsplash).

Doing the whole downstairs. I'm hearing I'll save a LOT going with an outside contractor...

Back