overhead racks

lovingit

has anyone purchased the overhead rocks that you put inside your garage? I have heard of safe racks or topp raxx, with the later supposedly being more sturdy.

I purchased and had them installed by Saferacks.  It's a worthwhile investment if you plan to stay in your home for the long term.  If you can, wait for the sale at Costco and buy it there.  The only downside is you can't install the racks anywhere you want.  They are pretty sturdy and I even did some pull ups to test.

Also if you are pretty handy, you can probably build them and install yourself.  I'm certain that you can find all the material at Home Depot.

Thanks. The 400 lbs are $249 600 lbs are $279 and the 1000 lbs are $299 from Topp Rax. I can't imagine anyone going to 1000 lbs limit. I would say 400 or 600lbs are enough.

I have the Topp Rax 1000 pounds, they are great.  It's only like $40 more for the 1000 pounds, better to get it.  You don't think you'll have too much heavy stuff up there but trust me it adds up.

I agree with aquabliss about getting the higher weight limit. I didn't know that Topp Raxx offered lower ones.

It does add up, and when you store things like books, computer equipment or even clothes, it ends up heavier than you think. The other bonus is the construction is much better with the higher weight racks.

And you can have guests sleep there if you run out of interior room. :)

a catalog of racks

images

images

images

images

images

images

images

Back