Outrageous fast foods you can't eat in America

When I was in Taiwan in 2005, McDonalds had a burger that used a bun that was compressed rice. Last time I went to Taipei, I didn't see it on the menu though.

Hong Kong has Taro McFlurrys and Sweet Potato pies.  Those are two things that I think would do well in America!

During travels in Japan, my wife had a shrimp filet sandwich at McDonalds.  I decided to go with the chicken carbonara sandwich there. 

I would love to try the Mac N Cheese pizza!

gwailo168 said:
When I was in Taiwan in 2005, McDonalds had a burger that used a bun that was compressed rice. Last time I went to Taipei, I didn't see it on the menu though.
Hong Kong has Taro McFlurrys and Sweet Potato pies.  Those are two things that I think would do well in America!
During travels in Japan, my wife had a shrimp filet sandwich at McDonalds.  I decided to go with the chicken carbonara sandwich there. 

You can get rice burgers from MOS Burger in Taipei.  There are a few places in LA that also serves them.  One is around the corner from Din Tai Feng (Arcadia), go behind Life Plaza to where the supermarket is, and look to the side (restaurant row).

I'll be in TW and HK next month.

gwailo168 said:

Cherry on Top has taro frozen yogurt.

P.S. What does taro taste like? I was there yesterday but I didn't get that one. Taro and I are total strangers.

momopi said:
gwailo168 said:

You can get rice burgers from MOS Burger in Taipei.  There are a few places in LA that also serves them.  One is around the corner from Din Tai Feng (Arcadia), go behind Life Plaza to where the supermarket is, and look to the side (restaurant row).

I'll be in TW and HK next month.

Near Sinbala?  I think I recall seeing a burger place there last time I was in Arcadia.

TW and HK?  Lucky!  My wife and I did that trip Summer of '11.  I really miss eating breakfast here.https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/321166_10100510313489531_454927098_n.jpg

Back