Outback Steakhouse closes in Irvine

I really hope this is just a regional issue and not a reflection of the trajectory of the brand itself like what happened with Claim Jumper. Unpretentious American is my clear favorite. PoundSignNoFancyNancy.

SoCal said:
I really hope this is just a regional issue and not a reflection of the trajectory of the brand itself like what happened with Claim Jumper. Unpretentious American is my clear favorite. PoundSignNoFancyNancy.
Comfort food is dying. Millennials would never admit to liking chicken pot pie. Mainland Chinese don't' even know what chicken pot pie is. The future of the restaurant industry is $30 a serving of third world street food.

Burn That Belly said:
So that's why Kang Hodong BaekJeong charges like $38.99 for two slices of meat.  ;D ;D  All that money needs to pay into TIC's coffers.

Kang is not in a TIC plaza if I recall correctly.

Happiness said:
SoCal said:
Comfort food is dying. Millennials would never admit to liking chicken pot pie. Mainland Chinese don't' even know what chicken pot pie is. The future of the restaurant industry is $30 a serving of third world street food.

If I want a comfort food chicken pot pie, I'll go to Bake and Broil or Costco, thank you very much. Not Outback or Claim Jumper.

Outback was good.  Only problem I had with that place was the odor when you walk through the door (coming or going).  That odor probably cost them sales.

The Wienerschnitzel on Jeffrey/Walnut also has a problem with an unappetizing odor when you walk in.  I do avoid that location simply due to the smell.

spootieho said:
Outback was good.  Only problem I had with that place was the odor when you walk through the door (coming or going).  That odor probably cost them sales.

The Wienerschnitzel on Jeffrey/Walnut also has a problem with an unappetizing odor when you walk in.  I do avoid that location simply due to the smell.

Ah crap, I've been at the drive through here many times but never gone inside.  Now I probably will skip it.

qwerty said:
SoCal said:
aquabliss said:
Outback in FR is pretty close BTB, just go up Alton to Portola.

Yup and more good news - Dickey's BBQ is about to move in across the street.

The Dickey?s on Alton is always dead. Tick tick tick

I've been disappointed in Dickey's every time ... Famous Dave's at the Marketplace has much better brisket.

fumbling said:
qwerty said:
SoCal said:
aquabliss said:
Outback in FR is pretty close BTB, just go up Alton to Portola.

Yup and more good news - Dickey's BBQ is about to move in across the street.

The Dickey?s on Alton is always dead. Tick tick tick

I've been disappointed in Dickey's every time ... Famous Dave's at the Marketplace has much better brisket.

Unfortunately nothing beats Texas brisket.

HMart said:
I would wait in line Kang Ho Dong style for some serious brisket like you can find at Black's in Lockhart, Texas.

I'm going out to COTA in Austin around Thanksgiving so I'm going to get my fill of brisket and beef ribs. 

Don't forget Queso. And try the "El Jefe" at ATX Cocina. It is pricey but dang that is a good steak.

What's at COTA around that time? I'd like to go to F1 in 2018.

HMart said:
Don't forget Queso. And try the "El Jefe" at ATX Cocina. It is pricey but dang that is a good steak.

What's at COTA around that time? I'd like to go to F1 in 2018.

I'm going out there for a 3-day Porsche/BMW track event.  I'll have to ask the local guys about ATX Cocina.

woodburyowner said:
My favorite in Austin is Rudy's.  Get the moist brisket there.

Yeah, I got that on the list as my buddy who works at VMWare highly recommended it since he loves it every time he goes out to Austin.  We are going to have Task Rabbit bring us LA BBQ to the track for lunch. 

Back