O'Shine Taiwanese Restaurant (Tustin)

Phbr123 said:
Found out the owner's parents are from the same small town and lived a couple blocks away from my grandparents.

What city were they from?  We went there this weekend and found the flavor was very close to home cooking back in Taiwan.  It had some southern Taiwan hints. 

Went there for lunch and only 2 tables of customers.  Food is good.  I hope they make it.

oshine2_zpsa8831ec3.jpg

oshine1_zps7aaed817.jpg

Not bad, enjoyed the fried fish filet, popcorn chicken, and pork potage rice noodes.  Cash only, good weekend lunch crowd. 

Sad to report, I'm going have to pass on O'Shine, got some tummy trouble soon after eating there, I guess you can say that's pretty authentic for TW street food.

ps9 said:
Sad to report, I'm going have to pass on O'Shine, got some tummy trouble soon after eating there, I guess you can say that's pretty authentic for TW street food.

Tummy trouble is just the foods way of playing king of the mountain......well by pillaging all of the other food there and extraditing them off the island

Still haven't been but I am excited to try it out. 

Probably the pork potage, I was the only one that ate it, wife and kid didn't get the runs... It was some howling bowels, you've been warned.

Tried it for the first time last Friday night. Prices are reasonable but the food was mediocre. I had the Beef Noodle Soup. The ones at A&J and Chef Hung is better

Back