Orchard Hills - which one has the best location?

poodles

Not sure if I'm being too picky but can't decide because of the location...the Messina is right next to the gate..I know the later phases will not be so close but it will be at least the 5th or 6th phase and we can't wait that long.  Vincenza homes are next to the toll roads... It's not that noisy but I could hear the cars driving by in front of the models. ..and we are not a big fan of kB homes.... Saviero homes are the best location (in our opinion) and have such a good reputation... But right next to these homes you see the elevation of Trevi... What do you guys think of this?

Pros                                          Cons
Capella      Close to the Resort & Avocado Grove    Close to 261 Freeway
                High Elevation                           
La Vita        View Location,                                    Far Away From the Resort,
                Close to OH School & Settlers Park        Close To Apartments,
                                                                            Close To Gates
Messina      Close to OH School & Settlers Park        Far Away From the Resort,
                                                                          Close To Apartments,
                                                                          Close To Gates
Vicenza        NONE                                                Looked Down Upon By Capella,
                                                                          Close to 261 Freeway,
                                                                          Not So Close To Any Parks
Saviero      Really Close To OH School & Settlers    Looked Down Upon By Trevi,
                  Park                                                  Close To Gates
Amelia        On The Ridge,                                      No Views For Elevation,
                  Close To The Resort & Avocado Groves  Close To Gates
Trevi          On The Ridge with Beautiful Views        Close To Gates
                  Close To The Resort & Avocado Groves 

Go with La Vita. TayMo's reputation is not THAT good. I think the views are better than the convenience to the OH school and Settlers Park. La Vita isn't that far away anyway.

TayMo has a very good rep.
But, take all reputations (good and bad) with a grain of salt.

Capella is a great location-- no impact from 261 b/c there's a grove (and future phases) b/t homes and freeway.
Look at the map.  When you're at Capella, you dont know the freeway is anywhere near.
Next to the resort etc.
Views of the orchards.
Capella is the winner-- not that I'm biased--  ;)

Vicenza and later phases of La Vita are closest to the freeway, but for current phases, not an issue.

Savierro sits in a bowl under the school -- could be noisy during the day.

LaVita homes are great-- my concern there was proximity.  It's just too close -- there's no escape!
Knowing my luck I'd get horrible neighbors who'd park hoopties on the common courtyard and have their kids running amok.

You can actually hear the toll when you are at the resort so you can definitely hear it from capella. Go around 6pm.

It seems almost all of the locations have something going on...except Amelia and Trevi... Which we can't afford and don't want that big of a house..

So toll roads cars can be heard at Capella and Vicenza..hmmmm this is so hard!

An average person can NOT hear 261 at Capella.
(It's further away from 261 than much of Northpark.)
I've been to Capella at pretty much every hour of the day and have never heard any traffic noise.
It's actually very quiet and serene (apart from construction activity).

But there's always a certain percentage of the population who are very sensitive and cannot be satisfied.
If you can hear noise at the resort, you are truly special (and part canine).

It's a big decision, so take your time and scope it out during heavy commute hour.

Back