Orchard Hills -The Groves Update?

dethman said:
Maserson said:
Goriot said:
I doubt it will go up by $100.  Significantly more housing units to spread the costs.  This side is really slow in implementing things.  Where are my guards and where is my OH School expansion K-8?  Give me my MR back.

K-8 would be a game changer, at least for us.  But I have no faith in TUSD doing anything in the near future.

my son will go to kindergarten in 2018.  i seriously hope TUSD gets their act together, but honestly i am not holding my breath.

Just curious. What were you not satisfied with TUSD?

OH school is already FULL with 5-8th graders. I don't think they have the room to expand to K-4 until they move some students around to other middle schools. So all that charades will take a couple of years. Expect your kids to attend kinder at Hicks.
All this years of construction/ community dust, no guard gates, new community hassles has me sad I bought a new build - next house will NOT be new construction  ::)

Paris said:
OH school is already FULL with 5-8th graders. I don't think they have the room to expand to K-4 until they move some students around to other middle schools. So all that charades will take a couple of years. Expect your kids to attend kinder at Hicks.
All this years of construction/ community dust, no guard gates, new community hassles has me sad I bought a new build - next house will NOT be new construction  ::)

I thought you were the biggest proponent of the Groves and Capella. Buyers remorse already? Are you considering leaving Irvine?

Love the Groves. Beautiful topography, very peaceful and quiet. Our 2nd new build so we knew what we were in for ie. construction noise, dust, etc. More and more happy we bought here.

Goriot said:
btw, who is going to Vistas Grand Opening this Saturday?  Any free food and beverage?

Bella had boba and bao.  Models are nothing to write home about.  No front yards and tiny secondary bedrooms.

Alta had a coffee bar and 85C pastries.  Models here are impressive - much better than Hidden Canyon even though the floorplans are similar.  Lot sizes were larger than Marbella with much better views too.

Food and drinks were really good at Bella albeit very slow service.  Took advantage of people leaving early without their food.

The last model home at Alta Vista was simply WOW.  One of the nicest model homes I have seen recently.  Bella model homes were blah blah..

Nice finishes for multi million dollar homes at Bella Vista.

nn73sx.jpg

Rush job, I saw visible unfinished work at Delano and Juniper (BP) as well, gotta strike while it's hot

I remember the days when JM Peters was still around.  Belcourt in Newport Beach comes to mind.  Built quality 2-3 decades ago was significantly better than what we get today. 

lnc said:
How much of monthly HOA fee increase are expected with the implement of the actual human guard?

I remember the Lambert Ranch went from $300 with no guard to over $400 with guard.

Not over $400(yet). It was +~$60 and it includes a couple daily patrols. Really depends how many guards, for how long, and how wide an area plus if you want to also add any patrol cars/foot patrol to go around the neighborhood.

Funny I think Keystone has a lock on all the HOAs in Irvine. Definitely shop around and don't blindly go with the Keystone "recommended" vendors.

gosuperfundme said:
I remember the days when JM Peters was still around.  Belcourt in Newport Beach comes to mind.  Built quality 2-3 decades ago was significantly better than what we get today.

Not sure if I would consider this "bad build quality", but rather a house that hasn't been finished yet. These kinds of imperfections are to be expected for any house under construction, whether it is an attached home in PS or a custom home in Crystal Cove. The Bella Vista models needed another week to cross their T's and dot their I's with regard to their finishes before being open to the public. Besides the model finishes, the houses themselves are pretty nice. They've sold 40 homes before the models opened (with no available inventory), so the floorplans must be doing something right.

Alta Vista was definitely more prepared for yesterday's grand opening. Those models are among the best I've seen. The Savona model is basically the better version of the Santa Monica model at HC, and the Oceano is breath-taking. The single-story Lucido is also great... super high ceilings throughout the entire house!! Definitely on another caliber compared to Bella Vista. The city views are ridiculous (in a good way)... possibly the best view offerings for new construction in Irvine since Turtle Ridge.

iacrenter said:
Paris said:

I thought you were the biggest proponent of the Groves and Capella. Buyers remorse already? Are you considering leaving Irvine?

I love living at the Groves, just hate all the ongoing construction of a new community without a light nearing the end of the tunnel. We'll probably be ready to upgrade and move up in about 7 years so of course as the new construction is nearing an end.  :(

Back