Orchard Hills - Strada by Irvine Pacific

The sales consultants instructed us to drive through the streets that have been completed to get an idea of what the community would look like.  Seems like most of the phase 1 and 2 homes are occupied or people just have a lot of cars.  Why would a house have 4+ cars parked out front...multi-generational living?  Is this common for Orchard Hills or Irvine in general?

A S said:
The sales consultants instructed us to drive through the streets that have been completed to get an idea of what the community would look like.  Seems like most of the phase 1 and 2 homes are occupied or people just have a lot of cars.  Why would a house have 4+ cars parked out front...multi-generational living?  Is this common for Orchard Hills or Irvine in general?

It's either a family with kids going to high school or college, boomerang (kids moving back home after college), multi-family (got family members), or simply it could be friends/family visiting

eyephone said:
It's either a family with kids going to high school or college, boomerang (kids moving back home after college), multi-family (got family members), or simply it could be friends/family visiting

Or every garage is filled with junk...I mean, stuff.

I just got my keys and let me say, half of those cars belong to people doing work on homes. The other half is because everyones homes are getting epoxyed or are full of junk due to move in. Honestly I have yet to see a garage that is empty.

8porkchop said:
I just got my keys and let me say, half of those cars belong to people doing work on homes. The other half is because everyones homes are getting epoxyed or are full of junk due to move in. Honestly I have yet to see a garage that is empty.

Congrats!
Are you one of the phase 3 closing?  Seems like a couple of houses moved in over the weekend.  May I ask if you went with OnQ in the end?

A S said:

My wife and I were talking about that.  I think for Irvine in general, people use their garages for storing stuff more than they do cars.

8porkchop said:

Congrats on your new home purchase. We are in the market for a new home, Still trying to decide. What made you decide on Strada and not the other builds avail in Irvine or within OH even?

We ended up going through a friend. We spoke to OnQ a little later but in the end it was all about comfort. As for choosing OH, the community atmosphere feels much better than SG or CV. The house upgrades are better at OH compared to SG too.

HOA at new buildouts always start high, and will drop once more phases are completed.  PP started at $195-ish, and is currently $150-ish.

ChasingRainbows said:
Does anyone know why the HOA at Strada is higher at $190+/mo than CV or SG? Do you get more amenities, or is it due to the premium location?

Probably due to less homes to spread the overall maintenance cost than those other villages.  Also the HOA maintain the only park and pool in Strada, and CV for example, some park are maintain by the city.

No, the upgrades in Stada are not identical to Stonegate. I have a friend who bought an IPAC home in SG and both he and are are shocked to see how much is different. I.e., ceiling height, baseboards, standard flooring, cabinet doors and I was told the thermafoil facings are even upgraded, fixtures,etc. Overall, we are happy we chose OH.

You mean white thermafoil cabinets are an upgrade in SG? 

In a couple years, standard will be no cabinet doors with curtains to cover your food and appliances.  If you want to upgrade to brilliant mdf doors, $10k starting.

aquabliss said:
You mean white thermafoil cabinets are an upgrade in SG? 

In a couple years, standard will be no cabinet doors with curtains to cover your food and appliances.  If you want to upgrade to brilliant mdf doors, $10k starting.

LOL

went to Strada this Saturday again. They released phase 12. The sales was reluctant to give me the detail price info because she said almost every lot of p12 is "sold" with couple of plan 1 from previous phases. I think Strada is as hot as the temperature...

Terrazza is on phase 5 or 6 I believe.  They've sold a lot less then Strada.  But their plan 2X does have a great lay out.

Wonder how Corte Bella is selling.  Heard Entrata and Vista Scena are not doing well, understandable because they're pretty expensive for what you get. 

Visited Terrazza a few weeks back and the sales person there essentially said "they have to pace themselves compared to Strada because they don't have as many units".  Those early phases are literally right next to Narrow Path. 

Back