Orchard Hills - Strada by Irvine Pacific

Perspective said:
I was on the top side of the neighborhood on Saturday (Orchard Hills Dr.) and noticed that framing is well underway on Iron Horse and they're grading Thoroughbred. That leaves the sales parking lot for full build-out. Will we see them tearing out the asphalt in the sales parking lot any day now? Crazy sales pace - rivals Pavilion Park.
Have the homes on Stetson been built/released yet? I haven't been keeping up with sales, so I don't know. I know that the sales office parking lot at La Vita was being taken apart today, as the model homes are being released tomorrow. A lot more houses are being built at Strada though, so if the two communities are actually being sold out around the same time, that's very impressive.

Attachments

• StradaMap.20151115.JPG
    StradaMap.20151115.JPG
    685.4 KB · Views: 312
Ah, that's right. The other half of Stetson must be sold too. We're probably a couple months away from seeing Strada lose its parking lot.

I heard that the initial homes sold in Strada were in TUSD while the homes selling now are in IUSD.  If we bought a home now that was assigned to IUSD, could they re-district our home in the future to TUSD?

Seems silly to pay a premium for IUSD if they can just change it to TUSD down the road.  If that's the case, maybe Capella seems like more bang for the buck (gate > IUSD)?

Rembrandt said:
I heard that the initial homes sold in Strada were in TUSD while the homes selling now are in IUSD.  If we bought a home now that was assigned to IUSD, could they re-district our home in the future to TUSD?

While possible, highly unlikely. I used to have a house that cuts across city and school district lines. I was worried about the same thing since in this case one school district was far superior than the other. But, I did some research and found that the boundary hasn't changed in over 70 years. Moving boundary is much more complicated than you'd expect. The impacted home owners will definitely put up a fight if it lowers their property value. Many school districts are under tight budgets so they have no interest in taking on more students. Moving district boundaries is one of those thankless propositions with low reward that no politicians bother to push for.

Funny thing is, in my case, they let us choose which district I want my kids to go to school. I think there are Strada homes that also cut across district lines. I'm curious how the school district determined.

I can see the Strata resale listings now.

The IUSD zoned homes will all start their listings with "RARE IUSD zoned Strata home"

The TUSD zoned homes will all start their listings with "Zoned to top rated Beckman High School in the city of Irvine".

aquabliss said:
I can see the Strata resale listings now.

The IUSD zoned homes will all start their listings with "RARE IUSD zoned Strata home"

The TUSD zoned homes will all start their listings with "Zoned to top rated Beckman High School in the city of Irvine".

Aren't there fewer tusd stradas? Based on recent threads, it'll actually read:

Want your kid to get into a top school? Come look at this RARE TUSD zoned strada. Less homework, more diversity!  All with an Irvine address!

So, am I the only Strada resident who parks two cars in the garage? Is it that difficult to park in the garage? Don't folks hate their cars always being filthy from being parked outside?

Perspective said:
So, am I the only Strada resident who parks two cars in the garage? Is it that difficult to park in the garage? Don't folks hate their cars always being filthy from being parked outside?

Do other people park their cars right in front of your house?  I hate that.  Picked my current residence very carefully so that would rarely happen.  I think it's happened only 2-3 times in a couple years.

aquabliss said:
Perspective said:

Do other people park their cars right in front of your house?  I hate that.  Picked my current residence very carefully so that would rarely happen.  I think it's happened only 2-3 times in a couple years.

That doesn't happen often, yet, but we do have a short distance/parkway (~8') between our driveway and the neighbor's driveway. I was sure nobody would ever try to park there because you'd extend into one or both driveways.

A full-sized van was parked there last week blocking half of our driveway when we got home one night. Then yesterday, I'm with my kids playing in the cul-de-sac, standing in the middle of my driveway, and the same van parks there blocking half my driveway. I told him to move and why.

Perspective said:

And unless they're getting work done or haven't finished unpacking, most won't change their garage habits. 

bones said:
Perspective said:

And unless they're getting work done or haven't finished unpacking, most won't change their garage habits.

Must be a rich person thing...most people in Saratoga park on streets or in their garages.  Everyone parks in front of their house once in a while but only for a short time.

Irvinecommuter said:
bones said:
Perspective said:

Must be a rich person thing...most people in Saratoga park on streets or in their garages.  Everyone parks in front of their house once in a while but only for a short time.

Well lets be real here, rich people don't buy tract homes on tiny lots with 2 car or 3 car tandem garages. :) :) :) :)

Perspective said:
aquabliss said:
Perspective said:

That doesn't happen often, yet, but we do have a short distance/parkway (~8') between our driveway and the neighbor's driveway. I was sure nobody would ever try to park there because you'd extend into one or both driveways.

A full-sized van was parked there last week blocking half of our driveway when we got home one night. Then yesterday, I'm with my kids playing in the cul-de-sac, standing in the middle of my driveway, and the same van parks there blocking half my driveway. I told him to move and why.

Just curious was he a FCB? I noticed this happening in other villages, and many majority of them are FCB (my observation). What you'll notice soon is everyone is cul-de-sacs become parking lots as the community matures.

He's our neighbor's landscape guy, an older Chinese guy for whom English is his second language. I told him, "The only driveway you ever block, under any circumstance, is your own or a friend's who specifically permits it.

Perspective said:
He's our neighbor's landscape guy, an older Chinese guy for whom English is his second language. I told him, "The only driveway you ever block, under any circumstance, is your own or a friend's who specifically permits it.

Your lawyer-like diction is too complex for an FCB to comprehend.

You're better off saying, "My house!  No park here!!"

The landscape guy, he is not Chinese, he is Korean.

Perspective said:

Ryanmom said:

Perspective said:

I should have used "Asian." I was making assumptions based upon area demographics, having not heard his accent well.

Perspective said:
Ryanmom said:

Perspective said:

I should have used "Asian." I was making assumptions based upon area demographics, having not heard his accent well.

West Asian, South Asian, North Asian or East Asian? :)

When I was a kid, almost all gardeners in So. Cal. were Japanese.  Japanese gardeners were so nice, loved to talk and give advice, were actually enthusiastic about gardens, did quality work, and never left fast food wrappers or discarded drink cups in your yard.  Like many great things about my childhood, Japanese gardeners are now nothing but a fond memory.

Back