Orchard Hills - Strada by Irvine Pacific

8porkchop said:
My quote from the design center was $39000 after discount, which is bottom floor tile and the top including stairs is a Provenza style wood. Also included were white risers. I paid almost half that after COE. The baseboards on the bottom with tile were fine. Quarter rounds were not necessary. But next to the wood they were needed unless you replace the baseboards. Since I didn't replace mine the only issues I had was the collection of dust due to demolition. Otherwise I recommend going outside.

Does Strata plan 2  have Provenza wood? Do you mind to share which outside contractor did you use? I am in the stage to decide to go with builder or outside for wood floor.

For those who mentioned getting an allowance and/or discount from the design center, could you elaborate on this?  I thought they weren't offering any discounts but I'd be a happy camper if they are!

jayjaym3 said:
For those who mentioned getting an allowance and/or discount from the design center, could you elaborate on this?  I thought they weren't offering any discounts but I'd be a happy camper if they are!

Builders typically provide you a token/nominal discount for the standard material they won't be installing. That may be what this "discount" is at Strada.

Thanks for the info everyone. Flooring decisions will be difficult. One issue with plan 3 is that there isn't an easy "line" to separate the great room from the kitchen dining area. Plan 2 can be "cut" cleanly. Has anyone chosen to have different flooring in the kitchen/dining area than in the living area in plan 3? If so, where did you draw the line?

Hi, Has anyone got the "60 AMP Panel at Garage" -- what would be a reason to get this? -- will this make it easy to setup a 220V connection in future if we take this option?

Also do you suggest additional lighting in the garage?

The plan 2 model does show an old European oak that is possibly Provenza. I tiled the bottom and used wood stairs on up. I love my stairs because we had them install white risers. But we did Delta flooring in Anaheim. All the flooring places around there are very comparable. But the only way to get the discount from the design center is to do everything, meaning all flooring, through IPAC. In any case it was only like a $3000 discount. We still saved a lot by going outside. BTW my costs were on a model 2. The 60AMP panel in the garage is just in case you get a fully electric hybrid. It's an easy recharge station. As for Jonah, we just got our landscaper. It's good to get the landscaping done early if you can. The less amount of neighbors usually means a faster approval. I would recommend you my landscaper but you have nobody to compare to.

8porkchop said:
The plan 2 model does show an old European oak that is possibly Provenza. I tiled the bottom and used wood stairs on up. I love my stairs because we had them install white risers. But we did Delta flooring in Anaheim. All the flooring places around there are very comparable. But the only way to get the discount from the design center is to do everything, meaning all flooring, through IPAC. In any case it was only like a $3000 discount. We still saved a lot by going outside. BTW my costs were on a model 2. The 60AMP panel in the garage is just in case you get a fully electric hybrid. It's an easy recharge station. As for Jonah, we just got our landscaper. It's good to get the landscaping done early if you can. The less amount of neighbors usually means a faster approval. I would recommend you my landscaper but you have nobody to compare to.
My lot is in Release 8 -- June 16th EOC -- I would like  a reference from you for the landscaper  also-- Thanks

Hi  everyone !  Did IP closed the escrows on the original date they gave ? OR was there any delay? Did they finish everything on time?  Is it possible to call the Window & drapes installer on the same day after taking your keys? ( I have already done the ordering for window covering).  I sold my current home, and put my stuff in the storage and living in a  furnished apartment ( 2 months sublease) which happens to end on June 16th.  If possible I want to avoid the hassle of moving else where for  another  4-5 days.

I was at Strada over the weekend and it looked beautiful with the rain and clouds with the orchards in the background. Picturesque  :) The phases and built outs are coming along. Drove by an almost completed 3X (Italian elevation) and let me tell you it was a looker. Beautiful and grand. Now I'm rethinking my Santa barbara elevation : / But regardless we are so lucky and happy to have gotten a 3X.

ariesinapril said:
Hi  everyone !  Did IP closed the escrows on the original date they gave ? OR was there any delay? Did they finish everything on time?  Is it possible to call the Window & drapes installer on the same day after taking your keys? ( I have already done the ordering for window covering).  I sold my current home, and put my stuff in the storage and living in a  furnished apartment ( 2 months sublease) which happens to end on June 16th.  If possible I want to avoid the hassle of moving else where for  another  4-5 days.

Delay happens and they never finish 100% of everything on time.  You need to give yourself some margin of possible delay.

In my case, IP push back the closing date twice.  The first time happened about a month after signing the purchase contract, IP revised the closing date which was push back 2 week from the initial estimate date given at the signing.  The 2nd time it happened just 3 week before the closing and the date was pushed back for another week. 

IP will finish 99.9% of house on time but there will be some small miscellaneous things and corrections you found during final walk through that may not be completed on the date of closing. 

Check regularly with the sale office of any possible delays.  When closing date move closer, builder will have better grasp of construction progress.

malteselover said:
I was at Strada over the weekend and it looked beautiful with the rain and clouds with the orchards in the background. Picturesque  :) The phases and built outs are coming along. Drove by an almost completed 3X (Italian elevation) and let me tell you it was a looker. Beautiful and grand. Now I'm rethinking my Santa barbara elevation : / But regardless we are so lucky and happy to have gotten a 3X.

Your cheerleading over Strada is over the top......obviously you have a vested interest as you bought there. 

8porkchop said:
As for Jonah, we just got our landscaper. It's good to get the landscaping done early if you can. The less amount of neighbors usually means a faster approval. I would recommend you my landscaper but you have nobody to compare to.
Thanks, I'll probably get another landscaper to take a look to do a comparison so if you're happy with yours, I'd appreciate the referral. 

AA said:
malteselover said:

Your cheerleading over Strada is over the top......obviously you have a vested interest as you bought there.

No cheer leading...... Just excited. I'm still a little down that the Italian elevation was not available though. From all the Irvine communities (Stonegate, Cyprus Village) OH is our favorite by far.  Just expressing my opinion seeing that is what the message board is for ;)

malteselover - dont worry about AA's hating, as i was reading your description i was visualizing walking my dogs in the avocado orchards as i smelled the clean air after the rain, looking up the at the grey sky and thinking of what i would have for my next meal :)  it was all very relaxing until someone walked into my office and interrupted me.

malteselover said:

Next time, if possible take a picture of the picture perfect view.  ;)

eyephone said:
malteselover said:

Next time, if possible take a picture of the picture perfect view.  ;)

Here you go! ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 278
qwerty said:
malteselover - dont worry about AA's hating, as i was reading your description i was visualizing walking my dogs in the avocado orchards as i smelled the clean air after the rain, looking up the at the grey sky and thinking of what i would have for my next meal :)  it was all very relaxing until someone walked into my office and interrupted me.

Haha...... thank you! Hope to see you there neighbor :D

qwerty said:

But isn't AA comment part of the unwritten rules in TI?  I can think of some:
1.  Thou shall live in Irvine and Irvine only.  Do not live elsewhere if you don?t want to be called poor.
2.  Thou shall say that MY neighborhood/village/community is the best.  All others are idiots for buying other village although it is less than 1 mile away.
3.  Thou shall not express your happiness/excitement about your home purchase as it will trigger jealousy and/or potential suspicion that you work for the builder. 
4.  Thou shall waste time debating which school is the best regardless of the marginal difference. 

I am being sarcastic if it is not obvious.

Jonah said:
8porkchop said:
As for Jonah, we just got our landscaper. It's good to get the landscaping done early if you can. The less amount of neighbors usually means a faster approval. I would recommend you my landscaper but you have nobody to compare to.
Thanks, I'll probably get another landscaper to take a look to do a comparison so if you're happy with yours, I'd appreciate the referral. 
Hey Jonah, we are going to submit our plan soon. Be prepared because there is a lot of paperwork that is needed and fees as well. Also, he have a decent size backyard so we are going all out. We plan on a California room, built in bbq, firepit, and water fountain, so I feel our quote was a fair price. If you're looking to go big then I'll give you the referral.

Harajuku said:
qwerty said:

But isn't AA comment part of the unwritten rules in TI?  I can think of some:
1.  Thou shall live in Irvine and Irvine only.  Do not live elsewhere if you don?t want to be called poor.
2.  Thou shall say that MY neighborhood/village/community is the best.  All others are idiots for buying other village although it is less than 1 mile away.
3.  Thou shall not express your happiness/excitement about your home purchase as it will trigger jealousy and/or potential suspicion that you work for the builder. 
4.  Thou shall waste time debating which school is the best regardless of the marginal difference. 

I am being sarcastic if it is not obvious.

Haha....... This made me laugh out loud! Note to self never write anything positive here ;) You guys are awesome........ Thanks for the smile Harajuku : )

Back