Orchard Hills - Strada by Irvine Pacific

Note we learned from having closets done in last house - Do the demo of the existing rods/support system yourself. Cabinets Plus did a great job on our last house' closets, but for the fact that they didn't patch the wall well at all.

I'll definitely perform the removal of the builder's closet system and patchwork myself next time. And it's the perfect time to paint the closet too.

Perspective said:
Note we learned from having closets done in last house - Do the demo of the existing rods/support system yourself. Cabinets Plus did a great job on our last house' closets, but for the fact that they didn't patch the wall well at all.

I'll definitely perform the removal of the builder's closet system and patchwork myself next time. And it's the perfect time to paint the closet too.

So what happened, did they give you a discount?

Perspective said:

What is the cost to do closets? Only MB or did you do it  for all bed rooms too! I'm definitely on a budget. If it is too much I might have to wait

ariesinapril said:
Perspective said:

What is the cost to do closets? Only MB or did you do it  for all bed rooms too! I'm definitely on a budget. If it is too much I might have to wait

We did closets eight years ago in a townhouse (we're on the pre-qual list at Strada currently). The price ranges depending on the size of the closets, material chosen, and detailed drawers, shoe racks, etc. I think we spent ~$2K for a nice system for a master closet that included many drawers, two 8' tall shoe racks, and then the typical organized hanging rods.

Perspective said:
ariesinapril said:
Anybody on this board visited Strada this weekend? If yes please post  the price info here. Thanks

Plan 1: $1,028,939
$1,044,702

Plan 2: $1,128,800

Plan 3: $1,169,300

Are these the prices for new lots or leftover lots that they added upgrades to?

A S said:
Perspective said:
ariesinapril said:
Anybody on this board visited Strada this weekend? If yes please post  the price info here. Thanks

$1,044,702

I think Plan 2 and 3 are new lots (Phase 13) -- after elevation and lot premiums.

sky949 said:
A S said:
Perspective said:
ariesinapril said:

$1,044,702

I think Plan 2 and 3 are new lots (Phase 13) -- after elevation and lot premiums.

Yes, the plans 2 & 3 are the release from this past Saturday. The next release is scheduled for mid-May and will finish the cul-de-sac on Copper Mine.

I hear that there has been a lot of cars parked inside the OH development near Strada by students that attend Northwood High School.  Also, heard that lots of high school kids are loitering during break, lunch and after school in the area.  Has anyone have firsthand knowledge of this issue?  If true, this can be a deal breaker for many and values may go down.

AA said:
I hear that there has been a lot of cars parked inside the OH development near Strada by students that attend Northwood High School.  Also, heard that lots of high school kids are loitering during break, lunch and after school in the area.  Has anyone have firsthand knowledge of this issue?  If true, this can be a deal breaker for many and values may go down.

It doesn't make any sense if you look at the map. It is actually 2nd furthest neighborhood other than Terrazza to NH. It seems like a good thing that Strada has only a tiny playground and half size bb court and gated pool. Don't know how this can be attractive to any highschooler.

I agree with Yardmatters. Strada is not too close to Northwood High. We are constantly visiting Strada and our homesite and not once have we seen any kids loitering. Also, as far as cars; the ones I mainly see are the ones parked at the sales office. Strada is always packed hence the number of cars. It is one of the best locations in all of Orchard Hills by far. Next to the beautiful orchards, streets and homes landscaped and a resort style pool within blocks. We love it.

Highly doubt Northwood High kids hanging out is going to be a "deal breaker and drive down the value".  Come on, aren't 99.9% of Northwood High kids Asian?  What good tiger mom is just going to let her kid loiter and hang out after school?!  These kids are overscheduled with activities if they're going to stand out in those Ivy League applications.

If anything, kids may be going to lookout point up in Corte Bella.  With it close to build out and selling close to $1M, Corte Bella is obviously not hurting for business.

A S said:
Highly doubt Northwood High kids hanging out is going to be a "deal breaker and drive down the value".  Come on, aren't 99.9% of Northwood High kids Asian?  What good tiger mom is just going to let her kid loiter and hang out after school?!  These kids are overscheduled with activities if they're going to stand out in those Ivy League applications.

If anything, kids may be going to lookout point up in Corte Bella.  With it close to build out and selling close to $1M, Corte Bella is obviously not hurting for business.

Overscheduled?  Challenging High School?  Nah.  Per thishttp://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/america’s-most-challenging-high-schools/ar-AAblcnTNorthwood High is only 860th challenging High School in the Nation.  Beckman is 535th.  GoTUSD

Irvine Dream said:
A S said:

Overscheduled?  Challenging High School?  Nah.  Per thishttp://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/america’s-most-challenging-high-schools/ar-AAblcnTNorthwood High is only 860th challenging High School in the Nation.  Beckman is 535th.  GoTUSD
Nice article, from the list, Uni still is the most challenging:
370 University Irvine CA 3.694
535 Arnold O. Beckman Irvine CA 3.189
860 Northwood Irvine CA 2.581
1012 Woodbridge Irvine CA 2.364
1055 Irvine Irvine CA 2.302
I'm sending my kids to Irvine High.

Isn't the list just based on one ratio. # of AP tests taken divided by # of graduating seniors?  Not sure what that tells me except Uni takes the most AP tests and it's impossible to be ranked high if you have a large student body.

A S said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but please see below.....it is from the weekly bulletin from the NHS office staff sent out weekly to parent and students.

Orchard Hills Home Development
Attention all students. The area of homes behind the school is private property. The parking of cars in this area is strictly prohibited. Also, all students are prohibited from entering this area during break, lunch or after school. Further violation of this prohibition may result in the involvement of the Irvine Police Department. Thank you for your understanding.

malteselover said:
Tustin unified is Tustin and Irvine unified is Irvine. Enough said.  Our homesite is part of the IUSD. It's all about the resale.

Do you really think the groves is going to have a tough time in the resale mArket because the homes are zoned to TUSD?

AA said:
A S said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but please see below.....it is from the weekly bulletin from the NHS office staff sent out weekly to parent and students.

Attention all students. The area of homes behind the school is private property. The parking of cars in this area is strictly prohibited. Also, all students are prohibited from entering this area during break, lunch or after school. Further violation of this prohibition may result in the involvement of the Irvine Police Department. Thank you for your understanding.

Why do you point out Strada specifically?  The students could be hanging out anywhere within Neighborhood II.  Technically, Corte Bella, Vista Scena, and Entrada are closest to the school.  The loitering could be a "deal breaker and drive down the value" for any of the five communities.

A S said:
AA said:
A S said:

Why do you point out Strada specifically?  The students could be hanging out anywhere within Neighborhood II.  Technically, Corte Bella, Vista Scena, and Entrada are closest to the school.  The loitering could be a "deal breaker and drive down the value" for any of the five communities.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure some students loitering isn't going to suddenly drop property values. Heck, this is vaunted Northwood high, the students loitering will probably build a high tech bridge and property values will go up more due to increased walkability to Northwood High!

My wife did observe in several occasions that students climb over the fence from either Entrata or Vista Scena to enter the school.  I'd assume they are the resident of these community but after reading the post above, some students might be just use these adjacent community for their convenience.

But Strada is more difficult to access from the high school than Entrata or Vista Scena.  In order to get to Strada from the high school ground, one have to climb over a fence and climb over a small hill full of avocado orchards.  Maybe there's something special about Strada. :)

Back