Orchard Hills Neighborhood 3

lovingit said:
Only 1 pool in the entire community?

2 pools.

There's a 2nd smaller lap pool at the smaller Terrace View Park at the north.  The main park, Crestview Park has a Jr. Olympic size pool.

The Terra on the south side have some decent sized lots

Attachments

• 18014.PNG
    18014.PNG
    345.4 KB · Views: 387
firsttimehomebuyer said:
does anyone know how many homes will be built in OH3 ?

thanks in advance

1000 homes

Here's breakdown on the first 5 tracts that are coming out.  The second Terra is the extension.  Rest of 400 plus homes will be released later.

Vivo 149
Como 85
Verdi 95
Lago 123
Terra 75
Terra 60

Here's pics of that Rattlesnake Reservoir next to the OH3.  And on left side of the reservoir is the Terra's lot under grading. 

It doesn't look that scenery though.  However, the home owner of Terra will a great view of coyotes and other wildlife gathering at this watering hole. 

index.php

index.php

Attachments

• RR 1.jpg
    RR 1.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 1,001
  • RR 2.jpg
    RR 2.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 976
As long as those lot sizes aren't 50% slope, you'd want your own pool in the back yard anyway.

Anyone know if that reservoir is irrigation only (AKA "treated water" AKA "undrinkable") ? We live nearby to a "treated water" reservoir in Mission Viejo. It's a nice feature. On only one occasion did the management of that reservoir not aerate the water enough to prevent an epic algae bloom and stink up the entire neighborhood. If that happens once in 10 plus years, who cares.... (we don't)

As a water source and since the animals don't know what's potable or not, expect a very high concentration of skunks, trash pandas, bobcats, coyotes, as well as deer and rabbits using the reservoir as a drinking fountain. Fun to share the area with them. It's a plus IMHO.

My .02c

SGIP

lnc said:
lovingit said:
Only 1 pool in the entire community?

2 pools.

There's a 2nd smaller lap pool at the smaller Terrace View Park at the north.  The main park, Crestview Park has a Jr. Olympic size pool.

With these premium prices, they might as well build a mini water park for the residents similar to the Baker Ranch's main community pool.

Burn That Belly said:
Villager said:
I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade (cough-BTB-cough), but does anyone else get the sense that these prices are unjustifiably high? High-density, courtyard-style, >2000-sqft detached-condos STARTING in the $1-millions (not including lot-size/view premiums)?? I think I'll pass.

It all comes down to personal preference, but I've never been a fan of Irvine Pacific's product. Pretty much all of their projects have been very cookie-cutter and (dare I say) boring. I don't think I've ever been to an IP neighborhood and been excited about the houses themselves. What's going to sell this neighborhood are the views, but that'll cost you a pretty penny as well, likely to reach the $2-millions before selling out. At that price point, would you want to purchase a home that's been replicated in at least four other communities across Irvine?

Honestly very disappointed by this whole project. TIC had the opportunity to present something new and exciting at Reserve, and blew it. Still, I don't have a shadow of a doubt that this neighborhood will sell well.

Villager said:
Also, I don't know why TIC decided to develop a gated community that they're selling as the pinnacle of luxury living in Irvine, and still decided to include three high-density courtyard-style tracts into the mix (and more to come in site 4 on the map that Inc provided). The neighborhood should have been made up solely of single-family-homes if they envisioned the community being that ritzy. Just my two-cents.

I think folks are missing the point here.

1) First rule of fight club real estate is: Location, Location, Location. Are we disagreeing that OH3 is a poor location and unjustifiably priced wrong for it?

2) IP has always been known to recycle tweak their products a little and just add a different ketchup and mustard each time. This time, it's the standard expanded dining room with the revolutionary panoramic sliding glass doors at the living room. At least they are consistent. Why reinvent the wheel? -or- Why fix something that ain't broken?

3) High density courtyard living is good for business because they can pack more sardines in and give those deserving folks at the bottom of the rat race a chance at a shot of drinking the kool-aid. IP knows if you want the kool-aid, get on the waiting list and you'll pay for it in ounces.

Is this bad? I don't think so. New York City is home to over 8 million people with Manhattan at 1.6 million. Manhattan is one of the highest priced RE in the country for apartments, take a look at this picture of what you get there. Talk about "high density". All of a sudden, makes OH3 looks like a SWEET deal.

RYa5N0k.jpg

Here's the "high density" living you get for $1.2M in upper Manhattan. I haven't even gone down to lower midtown Manhattan yet.
3Xuzh22.jpg

how much are you being paid by TIC? 

The houses against the reservoir are almost like poor mans ocean view, and right on the coastline.  It can actually be pretty nice if done correctly, and in infinity pool next to a plexiglass fence of the reservoir has a lot of potential. 

Reminds me of this house backing the reservoir in Anaheim Hills:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Anaheim/840-S-Swallow-Way-92807/home/4336640

It can be really nice if they keep up the reservoir and the surrounding shrubs.  The greenery on  the other side of the Irvine reservoir looks better than  the Anaheim Hills dead shrubbery.  On the other hand, the water in the Anaheim Hills reservoir water looks nicer / bluer  than Irvine reservoir. 

lnc said:
Here's pics of that Rattlesnake Reservoir next to the OH3.  And on left side of the reservoir is the Terra's lot under grading. 

It doesn't look that scenery though.  However, the home owner of Terra will a great view of coyotes and other wildlife gathering at this watering hole. 

index.php

index.php

I actually think having this view from your backyard would be refreshing.

lovingit said:
I actually think having this view from your backyard would be refreshing.

Yeah, it is nice.  My initial impression was mainly base on the color of water in the photos.

Also on the other side of the reservoir is the OH4 and pretty sure TIC will make the reservoir area looks appealing. 

Similar development in Mission Viejo called Painted Trails. Here's a unit that sold in March that was "lake front" - $899,000

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Mission-Viejo/77-Windswept-Way-92692/home/5784032

Similar home, no view, selling 3 months earlier: $825,000

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Mission-Viejo/70-Stargazer-Way-92692/home/5826629

Granted, it's a very, very small sample size, but if you can assume -7-10% in additional value with the lake expect a deep line up for some of these view homes.

Will there be another retail center near OH3? TIC's VillagesOfIrvine.com claims "Orchard Hills Shopping Center is walking distance from home for Orchard Hills residents." Uhh, no.

lnc said:
Como is basically the same as the Piedmont in EW and it is SFR.

Como is situated on both side of the park/pool and is located high above Vivo.  And Como has a lot of nice view lots.

See the attached maps.

drove by piedmont today to get a feel of what como might look like.  aren't true Sfr suppose to have a curb where cars can park along the street and grass area along the sidewalk with dog poo all over it.

guess terra is the only true sfr, at least my definition of sfr.  irvine pacific is just selling views at OH3 and no quality products.

tdg said:
lnc said:
Como is basically the same as the Piedmont in EW and it is SFR.

Como is situated on both side of the park/pool and is located high above Vivo.  And Como has a lot of nice view lots.

See the attached maps.

drove by piedmont today to get a feel of what como might look like.  aren't true Sfr suppose to have a curb where cars can park along the street and grass area along the sidewalk with dog poo all over it.

guess terra is the only true sfr, at least my definition of sfr.  irvine pacific is just selling views at OH3 and no quality products.

People will gladly buy turd if they are hungry enough and nothing else is available.

Back