Orchard Hills Neighborhood 3

Sunnyirvine said:
Hmm, we have one by Great Park. May be with new HS Beckman re-zoned.

Neighborhood 3 is zoned only to Irvine Unified so Beckman HS (Tustin Unified) will not be affected.

Here is a link to the previous thread on HS #6 and a speculative map of where it might be placed. If you review the current Irvine HS boundaries, it makes sense for the sixth HS to be placed near Woodbury/Cypress Village/Western edge of GP--you can easily imagine a new vertical boundary line along Sand Canyon or Ridge Valley that divides Portola HS and the HS #6. IUSD will probably use the same location as "Site B"/the old alternative location for Portola High School.
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,11833.0.html

(image per TI member Test)
2gvmxi9.jpg

BcYZVu9.jpg

Some of the home that are going to be build here by IP are the successor of products that are already in Eastwood.  The track 18009 is the next Petaluma, 18010 is the next Piedmont, and 18013, 18014 are the next Belvdere, but all will have a new name and the floor plan are slightly different. 

One notable differences is that most of the floor plan here are slightly larger by about 200 S.F.  One common changes builder made for the floor plan is expand the dining room to where the California Room is at.  Some model in Eastwood has the option to choose a Expanded Dining Room at California Room but here at OH3, this option is standard on all these 3 products mention above and in all their floor plans.

I attached the floor plan comparison of old vs new Petaluma plan 1 and Belvdere Plan 2. 

Also since the S.F. is larger here, I expect the price will increase accordingly. 

index.php

Attachments

• Petaluma 1 at OH3 compared.jpg
    Petaluma 1 at OH3 compared.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 428
  • Belvdere 2 at OH3 compared.jpg
    Belvdere 2 at OH3 compared.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 439
lnc said:
Some of the home that are going to be build here by IP are the successor of products that are already in Eastwood.  The track 18009 is the next Petaluma, 18010 is the next Piedmont, and 18013, 18014 are the next Belvdere, but all will have a new name and the floor plan are slightly different. 

One notable differences is that most of the floor plan here are slightly larger by about 200 S.F.  One common changes builder made for the floor plan is expand the dining room to where the California Room is at.  Some model in Eastwood has the option to choose a Expanded Dining Room at California Room but here at OH3, this option is standard on all these 3 products mention above and in all their floor plans.

I attached the floor plan comparison of old vs new Petaluma plan 1 and Belvdere Plan 2. 

Also since the S.F. is larger here, I expect the price will increase accordingly. 

index.php

Thanks for this info!  Do you know what's being built in 18015, 6, 7, 8 and 9?

Jcl725 said:
Thanks for this info!  Do you know what's being built in 18015, 6, 7, 8 and 9?

No info on those yet but those are larger and more expensive homes. 

Just like Eastwood where they introduce the lower price products first and than the more expensive products later, those larger and more expensive home will debut later. 

The retaining block wall construction at the south entrance is over half complete. They're still grading the north entrance. They've started building the block walls on the top/edge of the hills that will likely serve as the backyard fence for many homes. I'd suspect this wall will be short and use Plexiglas to take advantage of the views/elevation.

Adk44 said:
Ive heard that this will be a non-guard gated community.  Can anybody confirm?

Not sure. 

The gate design is similar to those at gated OH1 where the main gate has a entry guardhouse which can potentially be staffed with a guard and the second gate does not has that guardhouse.

The Southern gate at Wolf Trail is the main gate and has a entry guardhouse.  The Northern gate will be consider as secondary gate and does not have that guardhouse. 

Attachments

• OH3 South Main Entrance.jpg
    OH3 South Main Entrance.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 408
Drove by today and the elevation near the front entrance look like decent views.  Even if thy re built by IPac, it might be a good product.  I bet the view lots would be at least $1.5m to start.  It's supposed to gated and I recall someone saying there are condos too but the map doesn't seem like there are any condos.

There will be condos alright, 3 different detached condos (Track 18009, 18011 and 18012). 

Here's list of home offer by IP in OH3:

18009: Petaluma successor, 1811-2164 sf.

18010:  Piedmont successor, 2374-2644 sf.

18011:  Marin successor?, 2182-2460 sf. 

18012:  123 Detached Condo, 2196-2355 sf.

18013:  Belevedere successor, 2653-3290 sf.

18014: Belevedere successor, 2653-3290 s.f.

index.php

18018 and 18019 look like the dreaded Taylor Morrison tracts.  Does anyone know if the ones in the back also have views?

YellowFever said:
Really felt like I should've waited for these "upgraded" versions of EWs piedmont.  But then if I waited, I'd be paying another $100k-200k in difference just for a little "expanded" everything.  Which means I lose my yard, which I guess is fine. But I wanted to build a nice lounge in the yard now.

Guess I'll just sell the Piedmont if these Piedmont Plus turns out better.  Just hope these are still going to be zoned to NW. That's the deal breaker if not.

I only care about eight things.  Full drive way, two car garage, detached, low HOA/MR, 4 beds, walkable elementary school, community park/wading pools, and that new home formaldehyde smell .  A man must have his man cave garage. 

You make a good choice picking EW.

The next Piedmont here at OH3 are basically the same but with at least $100k more, higher MR and significantly higher HOA (approx. $300 with out guard, $400+ with guard).

Here's the floor plan of the next Piedmont here at OH for you to compare. 

Attachments

• OH3 18010-1.jpg
    OH3 18010-1.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 344
  • OH3 18010-2.jpg
    OH3 18010-2.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 305
  • OH3 18010-2X.jpg
    OH3 18010-2X.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 349
Goriot said:
Construction starting in June with Models opening in October 2017 per OC Register.

With Foreign $$ drying up, would all these new inventories move?

Just spoke with the builder. Five IP projects all pouring foundations next week with the grand opening scheduled for October 14-15.
Definitely guard gated with HOA accordingly.

DrTravel said:
Goriot said:
Construction starting in June with Models opening in October 2017 per OC Register.

With Foreign $$ drying up, would all these new inventories move?

Just spoke with the builder. Five IP projects all pouring foundations next week with the grand opening scheduled for October 14-15.
Definitely guard gated with HOA accordingly.

The guard shack structure went up this week on the south entrance.

Temporary power posts are up on the south entrance. I'd guess models are going up on the north corner with nice views of Irvine.

Back