Orange County to finalize plan for Great Park condo, retail development

This will be interesting.  If the county moves forward, I see Irvine suing pretty quickly.  If that happens, the county's plans will be stuck for years to come.

Do counties usually build retail and residential like this?

My initial thoughts: if you own the land you can do wahatever you want within the zoning

How about they work it out?

The article out lined that with this winning proposal from the County, they could earn upward of 4 Billions over 75 years Not sure if human kind will be around by then to collect that money :)

Compressed-Village said:
The article out lined that with this winning proposal from the County, they could earn upward of 4 Billions over 75 years Not sure if human kind will be around by then to collect that money :)
I laughed when I saw that too - its still 53 million a year which isn't bad, but that excludes the cost to construct. 
What does IRV want to see there?

I don't see the problem. Just build it.  There should be both options at varying levels of density so that different people can choose different types of housing product

How valid are City of Irvine's argument that the County's project will hamper future GP's project such as the Culture Terrace, amphitheater, museums, a library, a lake and a water park?

So if this project got build, maybe City of Irvine can save $200M not building that library. 

lnc said:
How valid are City of Irvine's argument that the County's project will hamper future GP's project such as the Culture Terrace, amphitheater, museums, a library, a lake and a water park?

So if this project got build, maybe City of Irvine can save $200M not building that library.

probably the city didnt anticipate county will get into building condos there.

Compressed-Village said:

Right now, next 3.x years sounds like a stretch.  ;)

Back