One Year Anniversary 3.6.2009...

It's been one year since I put a dirty, filthy cigarette in my mouth. I never thought I'd be able to do it. I thought the only way I would be able to quit was when I was on my death bed.

I was able to quit with the help of hypnosis.

A few friends of mine who still smoke thought I'd be lighting up with them next week but I stayed strong. They'd tell me I was weak minded because I "fell" for the hypnosis scam... I'd stay quiet until they lit up again and asked who was weak now.

I'm so proud of myself for breaking such a dirty habit and I'm proud of anyone else who was able to the monkey off their back.

I can't believe it's been a year.

The happy ending of this story will be when I finally melt the 35lbs of fat I gained.

[quote author="PeterUK" date=1236356392]Hey congratulations!! Sometimes I wish I could quit.</blockquote>

Since when are Brits quitters? I thought you blokes got a pack of Dunhill's on your 13th birthday.

[quote author="Serious Weapon" date=1236356141]It's been one year since I put a dirty, filthy cigarette in my mouth. I never thought I'd be able to do it. I thought the only way I would be able to quit was when I was on my death bed.

I was able to quit with the help of hypnosis.

A few friends of mine who still smoke thought I'd be lighting up with them next week but I stayed strong. They'd tell me I was weak minded because I "fell" for the hypnosis scam... I'd stay quiet until they lit up again and asked who was weak now.

I'm so proud of myself for breaking such a dirty habit and I'm proud of anyone else who was able to the monkey off their back.

I can't believe it's been a year.

The happy ending of this story will be when I finally melt the 35lbs of fat I gained.</blockquote>
Congrats! I've heard it's very difficult to quit, so props to you!

Congradulations! What the biggest thing you can see ? The weight? My buddy did that after smoking for 40 years. He said he never believed food ever tasted SO flavorfull.

Unfortunatley he stopped because he had a heart attack. Good luck

-bix

Thanks all. As Ninjie, said, food smells and tastes so much better. I didn't know what to do with myself anymore. I usually head out to the balcony for a grit every half hour-hour. So instead of smoking I just ate. Plus my wife was carry my 2nd kid, some of that weight is sympathy weight.

Back