Old house Vs New house

gld2

A SFR house will be used as a primary home.

Old house:  big yard, no /low Mello, but low ceiling or poor floor plan
New House :  no/small yard, high Mello, better floor plan,

What is the better choice from the long run?

You are missing some important information: Is the price of the two homes the same? Are the home locations equally desirable?

gld2 said:
The house will be used as a primary home.

New House :  no yard, high Mello, better floor plan,

gld2 said:

Neither. I assume no yard means small yard?? You can find new homes with a nice sized yard.

paperboyNC said:
gld2 said:

Neither. I assume no yard means small yard?? You can find new homes with a nice sized yard.

What's considered a nice sized yard for a new house (reasonable and realistic to get)?

ChasingRainbows said:
What's considered a nice sized yard for a new house (reasonable and realistic to get)?

Depends on your budget and your priorities. Most developments have significant variation in lot sizes and if you are patient and willing to pay a premium you can get the lot with a yard that is 3X the standard.

Can't do much with those 8 foot ceilings unless you do a tear down. But, you do save a lot on cooling and heating during summer and winter seasons. Some of the older homes do have vaulted ceiling in certain areas so that makes the rest of house more bearable.

iacrenter said:
You are missing some important information: Is the price of the two homes the same? Are the home locations equally desirable?
That's not important information.

Which one has a 3CWG?

#priorities

I just realized 3CWG is still built today. This one has volume ceiling and open floor plan.

1781SA4.jpg

irvinehomeshopper said:
Must be the white girl and the Cadillac that gave away the clue.

irvinehomeowner said:
I see power lines... this can't be in Irvine.
No, it's the sign with the State of Texas that says "Official Vehicle Inspection Station".  :D

assuming both have decent location and same price, i would pick new for the better floorplan, after all you are going to be living in there for a long time, but you're paying for it. I think it all comes down to economics reasons, if you can afford it, why not the newer floorplan. :D tax deductible. I think in the end it the newer home should sell better too.

Back