odyssey touring elite

coldland

Hi there, I want to get some opinion about the odyssey quote dealer gave me, not sure if this is the right board to post this thread. But anyway, we are considering getting a bigger car for the coming second baby. So we are considering odyssey. I got a quote of $43000 (OTD) on the touring elite 2013. Is this a good price? 

I think that was a reasonable price but maybe you can get it down to 41k. I was at fladeboe honda two weeks ago with an FCB and the sales offered us a grey/silver 2014 touring demo onsite for 42k+. But in the end the buyer decided to go with the Sienna 7-seat model because the second row captain seats is mucho mucho comfortable.

Personally I prefer the look of odyssey but the wind noise on freeway is a killer for me. Don't know about the noise level in a sienna because we only test drove locally that day.

We got the odyssey touring 2013 for a purchase price of 37823 from Costa Mesa. They played a TON of games though during financing/closing and the experience was horrible, but hell, best price.

For what its worth, Huntington Beach Honda offered us a best price of 37880 and seemed to play less games. The key thing is for them to confirm the car has ZERO dealer add-ons. All of those things are more overpriced than the TIC Design Center and tend to have a separate warranty.

Random note - I am a white dude and almost every dealer I went to (Santa Ana, Fladeboe, Costa Mesa, Long Beach, Huntington) made some slightly racist comment to me about Asians during the process. "C'mon, you are not like those other people, you shouldn't care about a few dollars here." "Those engineer guys, not from around here, they just care about numbers" (that one was met with silence when I informed the guy I am an engineer and only care about numbers)

I think $40k is a lot to spend on a non-luxury vehicle... but I do love minivans.

What does the Touring (or the Touring Elite) have over the lower trim levels?

I wouldn't get the top of the line... but my wife would. I'm more of an entry/mid trim guy.

irvinehomeowner said:
I think $40k is a lot to spend on a non-luxury vehicle... but I do love minivans.

What does the Touring (or the Touring Elite) have over the lower trim levels?

I wouldn't get the top of the line... but my wife would. I'm more of an entry/mid trim guy.

Yikes $40K+ on a minivan? Do most people who buy these really need that much space and seating? I get the convenience of the sliding doors but at that price point you can start looking at some alternatives.

coldland - are you a Costco member? Compare with the Costco quote. It's a no haggle deal. I just bought a brand new Honda myself through Costco's program. It was a good experience for me.

Thanks for all the advices.

I hope they offer more options for mid-levels like exl. But they are not flexible enough. What I really want is the back or corner sensors, rear-view camera, blind point sensor. As you may guess, I'm not very confident with handling such a big car, those tiny parking spots at ranch 99 or those asian restaurants make me very nervous. And yes, with two car seats and grandparents, we need that much space in a car.

Have you considered buying a used one (one that's less than a year old with low miles)?  PenFed has a 5-year used car loan at 1.49% that you can use for the purchase.  You'll save at least 20-30% off sticker price. 

Back