Oblivious Parents

[quote author="tmare" date=1255868838]What? While I appreciate it, I think Nude is cheating. ;-P</blockquote>

Moi? Je suis innocent!

[quote author="Nude" date=1255870269][quote author="tmare" date=1255869295][quote author="SoCal78" date=1255868926][quote author="tmare" date=1255867545]Yes, I guess you'd have to be an idiot to think that someone's child wasn't going to bother you at a place like that.</blockquote>

I just want to clarify that I, in no way, thought that nor did I mean to imply such a thing about Cameray in my quoted comment.</blockquote>
I'm not sure what Cam said to make you say that, ....</blockquote>

Actually, I'm pretty sure your "you'd have to be an idiot" line spurred SoCal78's reply. Reread what you wrote and see if you get my point.</blockquote>

I know and that's why I feel guilty and there is no way you are innocent.

[quote author="tmare" date=1255870466]I know and that's why I feel guilty and there is no way you are innocent.</blockquote>

Je suis seulement coupable d'aimer trop? et trop profond?ment

[quote author="Nude" date=1255870704][quote author="tmare" date=1255870466]I know and that's why I feel guilty and there is no way you are innocent.</blockquote>

Je suis seulement coupable d'aimer trop? et trop profond?ment</blockquote>

Okay, my initial thought was, "that's very sweet". However, I am inclined to think that my French is really horrible.

[quote author="tmare" date=1255871317][quote author="Nude" date=1255870704][quote author="tmare" date=1255870466]I know and that's why I feel guilty and there is no way you are innocent.</blockquote>

Okay, my initial thought was, "that's very sweet". However, I am inclined to think that my French is really horrible.</blockquote>

Roughly, it says: <a href="http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_txt">"I am only guilty of loving too much... and too deeply"</a>

[quote author="Nude" date=1255876806][quote author="tmare" date=1255871317][quote author="Nude" date=1255870704][quote author="tmare" date=1255870466]I know and that's why I feel guilty and there is no way you are innocent.</blockquote>

Okay, my initial thought was, "that's very sweet". However, I am inclined to think that my French is really horrible.</blockquote>

Roughly, it says: <a href="http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_txt">"I am only guilty of loving too much... and too deeply"</a></blockquote>

I guess I was right, it was sweet.

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1255865483]

Seriously. Soup Plantation is not exactly a fine dining experience. (No offense, Cameray.) I just always expect commotion at a joint like that where patrons are up and about, serving themselves, and it's more family-oriented. They also seat themselves which means you are free to move to a new table at any time if you want to. (Being able to make a napkin animal may come in handy here too.)</blockquote>

You've got a good point! We?re not fans of buffet style food but we had a coupon so decided to give it a try. We would have moved but the place was packed. Probably won?t be going back anytime soon.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1255918283]Welcome to OC.

land of glut, over sizing and excessive consumption.</blockquote>

Do not, I repeat, <em>do not</em> go to the Midwest or South, then.

[quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1256032689][quote author="bkshopr" date=1255918283]Welcome to OC.

land of glut, over sizing and excessive consumption.</blockquote>

Do not, I repeat, <em>do not</em> go to the Midwest or South, then.</blockquote>
Steak N' Shake, Cracker Barrel, and steak houses as ubiquitous as Starbucks... I gained a pound just typing that.

I think this thread may be missing the real threat here. I have frequently seen

kids reaching into salad bars with their sticky, germy fingers. I have never seen

the parents stop them or inform the restaurant that every cherry tomato in the estabishment

is now covered in toddler cooties.

p.s. I like the House pic, No-Vas.

[quote author="Cameray" date=1255790465]Tonight we went out to Souplantation with some friends. The whole time we were eating this little girl behind us was turned around with her face placed between my husband and myself. We tried to ignore her but that didn?t seem to work. I tried to move closer to my hubby block her since her parents weren?t doing anything but then she stood up on the seat. I really felt sorry for our friends that had to look at her throughout the meal. How would you have handled it?</blockquote>

<object width="325" height="250"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/youtube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="325" height="250"></embed></object>

[quote author="Cameray" date=1255911365][quote author="SoCal78" date=1255865483]

Seriously. Soup Plantation is not exactly a fine dining experience. (No offense, Cameray.) I just always expect commotion at a joint like that where patrons are up and about, serving themselves, and it's more family-oriented. They also seat themselves which means you are free to move to a new table at any time if you want to. (Being able to make a napkin animal may come in handy here too.)</blockquote>

You've got a good point! We?re not fans of buffet style food but we had a coupon so decided to give it a try. We would have moved but the place was packed. Probably won?t be going back anytime soon.</blockquote>

I think this is one of the problems we have today. I have 3 kids and I don't care if we are at McDonalds, Denny's or Houstons they are not allowed to stand up at the table and bother the people around them. I don't care if my meal cost $20 or $200 they are to have manners. Standing up at the table is not having manners. They are NOT allowed to stand up in their chairs at home I certainly will not allow them to stand up when we are out.

My kids order their own food and they are REQUIRED to say please and thank you to the servers. That includes the cashier at McDonalds.

These kids parents should have told their child to sit down and stop bothering you. Plain an simple.

[quote author="trrenter" date=1256077186][quote author="Cameray" date=1255911365][quote author="SoCal78" date=1255865483]

You've got a good point! We?re not fans of buffet style food but we had a coupon so decided to give it a try. We would have moved but the place was packed. Probably won?t be going back anytime soon.</blockquote>

I think this is one of the problems we have today. I have 3 kids and I don't care if we are at McDonalds, Denny's or Houstons they are not allowed to stand up at the table and bother the people around them. I don't care if my meal cost $20 or $200 they are to have manners. Standing up at the table is not having manners. They are NOT allowed to stand up in their chairs at home I certainly will not allow them to stand up when we are out.

My kids order their own food and they are REQUIRED to say please and thank you to the servers. That includes the cashier at McDonalds.

These kids parents should have told their child to sit down and stop bothering you. Plain an simple.</blockquote>
What kind of punishment awaits them if they disobey? The belt?

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1256096191]

What kind of punishment awaits them if they disobey? The belt?</blockquote>

IMO, it's all about prevention in the first place. I have two young boys and have had this happen before. Since then we learned to try and pick places where we can be seated in an end row or corner booth so there is no neighbor - putting the youngest away from guests or somewhere that there is a partition between booths. We try to corral the trouble-maker... sandwich between an adult and a wall to keep him in place. Sometimes they get clever... go under the table and come back up the other side. Ugh. This is why we hardly eat out. :)

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1256096191] What kind of punishment awaits them if they disobey? The belt?</blockquote>

No Nintendo DS for a week!!!

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1256096191]What kind of punishment awaits them if they disobey? The belt?</blockquote>

<em>"A pity they let the old punishment die... Was a time detention found you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons... God, I miss the screaming."</em> - Argus Filch

Back