Nova swim school?

refinnej

Anyone have experience with Nova Swim school?  Any other similar pre-competitive swim classes out there I should consider?  They seem to charge just as much as a private lesson so wondering if it makes sense to just do private.

Haven't tried Nova, but my son did Waterworks. He enjoyed it there and was great during the winter. One of the instructors my son left and branched out on his own, so we now have private lessons with him instead. Its about the same price as semi,but getting the private lesson. Hope that helps!

We did Waterworks when kids were very young, then progressed for a year or so at NOVA at pre-competitive level.  I don't know how well your kids swim- there is also Aquazots which has some "Zot" levels that don't require you to do swim meets, but it's cute when you do see them compete.

My girls are in Nova.  I don't know why they are in the classes they are but I would have wished they started out in lower classes and were taught more of the basics.  I'm assuming they teach the basics in lower level classes.  But once they get to a certain level, you see the coaches hollering a few thing here and there but it's nothing like private lessons.  They do a lot of laps. 

My kids were taking private/semi-private lessons for a short while before that and I would have preferred to have them continue that to Nova.  I don't get to make the decisions.  :p

Also, with all these swim teams, the parents have to "volunteer" a lot of their time (or face a big fine;  $1350 max for Nova) so make sure you can commit the time to "volunteer". 

refinnej said:
Anyone have experience with Nova Swim school?  Any other similar pre-competitive swim classes out there I should consider?  They seem to charge just as much as a private lesson so wondering if it makes sense to just do private.

Thanks for the responses.  I still plan to check out Nova Swim School.  My son can swim independently but needs help with breast and butterfly strokes.  I may look into private as well, if anyone has any recommendations.

Back