Not Much New Listings under $1 million for a house?

Would be easier to let us put in turf. I get they don't want grass to look different. Just approve one.

If you are an owner of SFH home, can you select which plants you want to grow in your front or backyard or you need permission each time? Just curious

the.irvine said:
If you are an owner of SFH home, can you select which plants you want to grow in your front or backyard or you need permission each time? Just curious

For the initial planting you are supposed to submit to HOA and call out all the plant types.  They have an approved list typically from which you can choose.

After your initial landscaping is complete, I think people just change things on their own without conferring with HOA - If a plant in my yard dies I just go to Home Depot and pick one up that looks like it is a good fit, I don't submit plans to HOA.  As long as you keep up your yard and it looks decent, I don't think HOA will have a problem.

undecided said:
That might be one of the benefits of having a higher HOA.  That sounds weird, like who would want to pay more for HOA?  But having decent funds in the HOA (and a well run HOA) could help to make sure that at least the front of the house is well maintained and keeps its curb appeal.

Take that further, if HOA allows, maybe fine the owners who let their front lawns die, or require that homes be painted or repainted every 10-15 years, or prevent homeowners from installing a chain link fence instead of the standard white picket fence.  Just some ideas.

I do wish HOAs were rated in some way. I can't think of a credible, scaleable way to do this though

Back