Northwood Paseo - A New Village in Irvine

lcms2002

I saw a lot of grading activities in old strawberry farm.  PA 5B is going to be a new village of Irvine, 300 Acres with 1900 homes, model homes to be opened in June or July, 2014
Please see the link, anyone knows how to copy master plan to the board?
http://www.canyoncreekhoa.com/news/hinesnursery/20130317_Planning_Area_5B_Facts.pdf

The Planning Area: The residential land use plan for Planning Area 5B (PA 5B) was developed as the result of a two-year joint planning
process between the Irvine Company and the City of Irvine and included input from Northwood Area Community Members Task Force.
The initial planning for this area was approved in June 2002.
Location: PA 5B is approximately 300 acres in size and is bounded by Jeffrey Road to the east; Irvine Boulevard to the south; existing
Northwood communities to the west; and Hicks Canyon Wash and Portola Parkway to the north.
Number of Planned Homes: A total of 1,900 homes including a mix of single-family detached homes, condominiums and townhomes
are proposed. More detailed residential plans will be filed with the City later this summer, however, as required by city zoning
regulations, new homes adjacent to existing single family detached homes will also be single family detached.
Number of Parks: A six-acre public neighborhood park will be built in the center of this new community as part of a larger neighborhood park plan that includes three homeowners? association parks as well as smaller neighborhood-serving recreation spaces.
A New Elementary School: A new 10-acre Irvine Unified School District elementary school will be built in the center of PA 5B.
Acres of Open Space: With this development approximately 195 acres of open space in the northern foothills will be dedicated to the
City of Irvine. This area is designated for permanent open space as a part of about 4,000 acres of land committed by the Irvine
Company to public ownership in the open space preserve north of Portola Parkway.
Thematic Landscape Plan: Around the project?s perimeter the influences of Hicks Canyon Wash, the existing Northwood village edge,
and the Jeffrey Open Space Trail (JOST) have all been considered in the proposed landscape framework for Planning Area 5B.
Landscape edges along Jeffrey and Irvine Blvd. are proposed with thematic entry points. Landscape paseos meeting city requirements
and providing space between existing homes and new development are included in the overall landscape plan. Within the site, the
plan proposes to retain existing Eucalyptus windrows as an important design element in the new community. Trees determined by a
certified arborist to be unhealthy will be removed and replaced with a different species of Eucalyptus to maintain the vertical
windrow feature.
Trails: Connections to and from existing neighborhoods and trail networks are key elements to this village. Over seven miles of trails/
walks are provided within the village. With direct connections to Hicks Canyon Wash and JOST, links are provided to the citywide network leading to: adjacent villages, community parks (including the planned Trabuco Multigenerational Center at Jeffrey and Trabuco
roads) and beyond to the City?s vast open space in both northern and southern Irvine. A 40-foot wide paseo/trail has been proposed
along the western side of the property between new neighborhoods and existing Northwood.
Completion of Planned Roadways: The full improvement of a six-lane Jeffrey Road along the project edge is under construction and
scheduled to be open in April 2014. Additionally, the north side of Irvine Blvd. will be completed with Planning Area 5B and will have
three lanes instead of two there today. Consistent with the North Irvine Traffic Mitigation (NITM) Program, 5B will pay approximately
$4.8 million in NITM fees for a number of area-wide traffic improvements including at the Yale/Irvine intersection, the Jeffery/Walnut
intersection and the Sand Canyon/I-5 interchange.
Schedule: The project is presently under city review with hearings before the Planning Commission expected in May or June 2013.
The initial construction schedule anticipates start of grading in July 2013 with model homes open to the public by June or July 2014.
Contact Information: To keep up to date, for information or to bring to our attention to any issues associated with development of this
site, please contact the Irvine Company Information Line at: 949-720-2610. Your call will be returned within 24 hours, Monday-Friday.

J/K :) I could care less about people reposting.. the more the merrier...

@lcms  How did you find out the name of the village? (I still like Northwood Pointe East better :) )

The last bit of undeveloped land in the Northwood area.  :(  I am dreading this new community.  The construction, the noise, the traffic... ugh!

My only hope is that it will bring some life to the Northwood Shopping Center.

kberry said:

that could be the worst shopping center in irvine. it used to be heritage plaza but the redid the whole exterior and bruxie is on the way so that makes it great shopping center.

No more strawberry field  :'(
This will be better location than SG and certainly be zoned to Northwood High.
Makes me think about selling my home... maybe not

qwerty said:
kberry said:

that could be the worst shopping center in irvine. it used to be heritage plaza but the redid the whole exterior and bruxie is on the way so that makes it great shopping center.

Correct me if I'm wrong.. but they have the only 24/7 Del Taco in Irvine?...they deserve some credit just for that.. if I ever want tacos and chili cheese crinkle cut fries at 4am.. (not that I ever will)  I know where to go...

ps9 said:
J/K :) I could care less about people reposting.. the more the merrier...

@lcms  How did you find out the name of the village? (I still like Northwood Pointe East better :) )

Not sure if this name is final, still labeled as PA 5B on the brochure.

Wow, that's a relief. I'm glad to know all the fine affordable housing folks will have their own elementary school and won't be clogging up Stonegate's. I was a bit concerned about that.

Apparently, there will be 2-story limits in some areas of Northwood Paseo. Park designs are shown in the attachment.

Attachments

• 1.doc
    1.4 MB · Views: 333
Back