Newer Irvine listings with crazy WTF asking prices from equity sellers

genMid.OC19053882_37_0.jpg

You mean this pic? 
I use to like the porcelain floor boards that look like wood, but now I'm not so sure.  Actual wood is better.

zubs said:
genMid.OC19053882_37_0.jpg

You mean this pic? 
I use to like the porcelain floor boards that look like wood, but now I'm not so sure.  Actual wood is better.

Real wood all the way. But the porcelain floors at the laundry and bathrooms are ok. I wouldn't choose a wood looking though.

The wood tile in the kitchen/great room works out well and is pretty bulletproof.  My kids have dropped all sorts of heavy stuff on it and no visible damage.

My porcelain wood looking floor boards went through Canyon Fire 2 and survived.  The firefighters and emergency services walked all over it, and water was everywhere.  All that and they still look fine.  I had to re-grout some areas to get rid of the white calcium deposits in the lines.  Yes they are indestructible.

However, now that I live in a house with hard wood I have noticed some things:
Hardwood is softer and feels nice walking on it all day
Hardwood is warmer during the winter months
Hardwood flooring is timeless, and I think after 10 years, the porcelain tiles are going to look dated.  They actually already look dated to me.

My feet use to hurt walking around the hard porcelain tiles, but I notice the pain is gone now with the hardwood.

I've dealt with all of the above, and came to a conclusion the real hard wood or at least engineer wood is the best choice. Always go with the timeless material/look. While I do like the current trendy washed light grey look, I'm afraid it might look very dated soon and it already does in some of these listed homes. Just the natural color of hard wood floor and the white paint will last longer in my opinion.

Thx Q, will look at Provenza as well when the time comes.  Not sure which one is less expensive, Urban Floor isn't too cheap but we used one of their products previously and I've been happy with the look and durability.

For context - Purchased 8/2018 for $725k. It's financed so likely a 6-7% rate short term loan.

Is it my monitor, the Realtor's camera, or my eyes, but are those paving stone a shade of purple? YOW

Compressed-Village said:
John said:

House is nicely done. Priced well. Although close to train tracks, but I think buyers will drools all over on the inside and forget about the negative proximity to the tracks.

Railroad tracks and then you have power lines staring you in the face when you walk out the door.  Looks like a nicely upgraded home, but the location is bad.  We'll see if location or nicely upgraded interior wins.

Soylent Green Is People said:
For context - Purchased 8/2018 for $725k. It's financed so likely a 6-7% rate short term loan.

Is it my monitor, the Realtor's camera, or my eyes, but are those paving stone a shade of purple? YOW

How did this house sell for $725k? Seems awfully low for 4 bed detached home. Foreclosed house?

superbobbay said:
Soylent Green Is People said:

How did this house sell for $725k? Seems awfully low for 4 bed detached home. Foreclosed house?

The home was listed back in 2017 for $865,888 and the listing expired on 8/31/17.  From the title records, the owners sold it directly to Tarek's LLC for $725,000 on 9/13/18.  Honestly, the previous owners could have easily gotten around $800k if they listed so they left a lot of equity on the table for Tarek. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
Compressed-Village said:
John said:

House is nicely done. Priced well. Although close to train tracks, but I think buyers will drools all over on the inside and forget about the negative proximity to the tracks.

Railroad tracks and then you have power lines staring you in the face when you walk out the door.  Looks like a nicely upgraded home, but the location is bad.  We'll see if location or nicely upgraded interior wins.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/3601-Nutmeg-St-92606/home/4675339
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

?????????????????????????-
The West side of the tracks I don?t think are as bad as there is more of a buffer. I would rather live in the Ranch then Walnut C. See this listed that is pending now.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/15082-Talley-St-92604/home/4682372?utm_source=ios_share&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=copy_link&utm_nooverride=1&utm_content=link

Also this one on the lines/rr tracks sold last year.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/15052-Glass-Cir-92604/home/4682214?utm_source=ios_share&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=copy_link&utm_nooverride=1&utm_content=link

Leaf said:
This house was sold for $2,353,163 on 03/22/2019!  $1161 / Sq. Ft. must be the historical record in Woodbridge.

irvineprospect said:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/2-Pintail-92604/home/4687684

I thought $2.5M would belong here.  But maybe not?
https://goo.gl/maps/bZ1KJBTUdzy
hmmmm....  FCB fresh off the bus, walking in the middle of the road instead of the sidewalk, no less?

If I'm paying over $1,000/sf I want to have a view of the ocean, not a man-made lake but hey that's just me.  haha

Back