New Listing - Lombard Court Plan D in Woodbury (52 Concierto)

Unfortunately my stepdad had a heart attack this morning and is in bypass surgery now so I'll be at the hospital with my mom and his family.  My assistant will handle the open house today.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Unfortunately my stepdad had a heart attack this morning and is in bypass surgery now so I'll be at the hospital with my mom and his family.  My assistant will handle the open house today.

Oh so sorry to hear that.  :( Saying a prayer for him and your family.

Thank you everyone.  He is in stable condition in the ICU and should make a full recovery from what the doctor.  I'm just glad that my mom is relieved and calm now. 

My assistant told me that we almost 60 people come by the open house today, that's crazy, with a few buyers coming back a second time.  Soylent was kind enough to drop off waters today as well.  I'll be at the open house tomorrow.  Hope to see of you guys there.

Glad to hear your stepdad is on his way to a full recovery.  Medical scares are one of the most difficult situations to deal with in life.  I've had my fair share and it has changed my perspective on things.

Glad to hear your stepdad is doing ok.

I'll come by tomorrow to check out this Hot Home.

Wow, great showings this weekend.  We had over 50 buyers come by yesterday and over 30 today.  We have 2 offers and I've heard from a few more agents that other offers are coming. 

3 more offers came in so far today so we are up to 5 and I think there might be another 1-2 coming later on today. 

Total of 6 offers in and I just sent off the counters (yes IHO, they are your favorite...best & final).  The counters are due back Thursday at 8pm.

I get a lot of junk mail in my porch from realtors bragging about the properties they've listed and/or sold, but how would I get information on the homes those specific realtors DIDN'T successfully sell?  Is there a way to research a realtor's past sales and how long they were on the market or if they were properly priced at listing?

paydawg said:
I get a lot of junk mail in my porch from realtors bragging about the properties they've listed and/or sold, but how would I get information on the homes those specific realtors DIDN'T successfully sell?  Is there a way to research a realtor's past sales and how long they were on the market or if they were properly priced at listing?

Unfortunately there is no easy to do it with or without MLS access.  The best way would be to go to Zillow and see if you can find the agent with the past sales (Zillow doesn't always automatically update the agents listings in their profiles though).  Then take the listing and go onto Redfin and look at the history of the sale...when was it listed and when did it go under contract or pending and then when did it close.  Look to see if the agent changed the price right before it went into escrow lower to make it seem like they got over list price (I've seen this before).  I can go into MLS and see the detailed information on the listing and what happened when but I can't search for closings by agents in the current MLS (they used to have that feature).  It would also be hard to search for listings that were cancelled or expired by non-MLS participants.  It's not just about how fast or how high an agent gets for their listing sales price, it's about getting BOTH the highest sales price AND shortest time on the market...IMHO. 

with MLS access, you can search by agent (active, pending, sold, etc), but I still don't see the point as sometimes it's the seller that withdraws/change their minds/whatever reasons that cause it to be taken out of market despite the agent's efforts...
i guess you can look for any cancels, withdrawals listings and then see if that property gets relisted by a different agent right away, but that's a lot of work, like listing potential hazards around your house, lol

AW said:
with MLS access, you can search by agent (active, pending, sold, etc), but I still don't see the point as sometimes it's the seller that withdraws/change their minds/whatever reasons that cause it to be taken out of market despite the agent's efforts...
i guess you can look for any cancels, withdrawals listings and then see if that property gets relisted by a different agent right away, but that's a lot of work, like listing potential hazards around your house, lol

I've never had any reason or desire to look at what other agents are doing, I like to focus on what I can control.

How do you know if you're selecting a good agent?  I've never had to sell a house so I'm curious in case I have decide to sell one.

Back