New Listing - Las Ventanas Plan 1 SRF in Portola Springs (31 Seedling)

bones said:
lnc said:
I like the "best and final offer" process, it reduce the time and energy on the dreaded back and forth negotiation between multiple parties.

But a lot of times, the buyer's "best and final offer" is not really their best and final offer. Buyer often hold back a little, wish they can save few grand and still get the house.  However USC really prep the buyer with this and tell all the buyers that this is really the best and final offer and no offers will be accepted after the deadline even if it is higher.

USC done a great job when he sold my house.  You should offer the maximum amount you are comfortable with and not penny more, USC said to one of the buyer regarding best and final offer and that particular buyer, he's best and final offer was $50k+ over my asking price. :)

Or maybe you just listed it too low? Wink :)
We did price the home competitively, but the other 5 buyers only bid $15k to $25k above the listing price (I represented the 2nd highest buyer).  The buyer that bought the house bid over $50k above the listing price because I communicated to them that all the other offers were above list price (I guess you can say that I helped to motivate them to put a strong offer if they really wanted the home). 

@USC

How did the seller take it that you were dual agent on this closing?
What if the seller objected?

ps9 said:
@USC

I imagine the seller had multiple offers to select including buyers that were not represented by USCT.

paperboyNC said:
ps9 said:
@USC

I imagine the seller had multiple offers to select including buyers that were not represented by USCT.

Yep! i would imagine that be the case..

ps9 said:
@USC

We had 3 offers on the table...the buyer come to the open house and after speaking with me wanted me to represent him.  The seller did benefit by a lower buyer agent commission because I represented the buyer.  I stated to both the buyer and seller that I will handle things very professionally and represent both side the way they should be represented and both felt comfortable to move forward with me being a listing agent. 

If the seller had objected to me representing the buyer then I would have asked the buyer to use another agent (he had worked with one years ago that he could have used).  That was not the case so we moved forward with me representing both clients. 

The seller did turn down a slightly higher offer by a buyer represented by another agent but that buyer was a contingent buyer who needed to sell his condo to buy the home which the seller did not feel comfortable with.  Well, that buyer turned out to be the buyer of 29 Los Indios as I felt bad and gave him and his agent the first right of refusal on the 29 Los Indios listing that I was going to have in late April.  That seller was comfortable with the buyer being contingent and we moved forward. 

Everything worked out for everyone in the end.  :)

paperboyNC said:
ps9 said:
@USC

That is correct, 3 offers to be exact. 

Back